Ready for another week of admission? Not me!
Did you check your Twitter at 3 a.m. to make sure Stellan was doing well last night? Not me!
The following conversation {did not} happen at work, between my friend Julie and I, right outside the office doors.
Julie: Cute jeans, are they new?
Me: Yes, I am loving them
Julie: Yes, you do look super cool in them. Awesome in fact. {Editor's note: this is the exact conversation to the best of my memory.}
Me: I love how the fabric is super soft. Check it out, feel my thigh.
{She did}
Julie {did not} then enter the office to have the office secretary say, "Um, did I just hear Sara ask you to feel her thigh?"
Nope, not me!!
Being the cooking extraordinaire that I am, I {did not} offer to make BBQ ribs for the curriculum writing committees last day potluck. Turns out you have to broil the little suckers? Calling my mother to borrow her broiler pan, she did not say, "Broiler pan? What is that? {pause} Wait, is that for the oven or something?" Turns to my dad, "Bruce, do we have a broiler pan?"
She {was not} completely serious. Does anybody want to guess where I got my mad kitchen skills? Not me either!
Finally, I {did not} about die laughing when my superintendent, who had already told my 35 weeks pregnant coworker that she was, "looking large" walked into the room we were working in, took a look at the potluck stuff we had sitting out and said, "Wow, Laura, that must be your lunch, huh?" Oh to have a pic of her face!
Finally, you read the post below? Well, my hubby {did not} leave me with a Honey Do List today. Seriously?!
Have a great one, can't wait to read yours~
43 comments:
That's too funny about you and your mom not having a broiler pan! This is my second visit to your blog and I really enjoy it. Keep the great stuff coming!
Woooooow. Your superintendant must be super-stupid to talk to a preggo like that... I would have loved to see that happen to some of my very *outspoken* pregnant friends...hahahah :)
Ahhh yes, you and I have the same cooking skills. AND in case you read Five Moms and a Blog today, you're one of the three gals that I was talking about. Remember 'my twin'? That's you! (and Carrie & Tiffany)
E
Ribs? You're brave!! I am afraid to make them... They have more than 2 steps!
Thanks for the constant laughs!!
kristin
What is wrong with the superintendent? Obviously, he thinks he is funny, someone needs to inform this person that it is not funny.
I had no idea any thing was going on with Stellen. Off to check it out.
Thanks!!
That's too funny about the jeans...I do NOT do that either! Have a great week!
oh my! Why do we as women always say stuff like "feel my thigh" "does my butt look big?" and are unable to go pee woth out a "posse"....go fiqure!
How did the ribs turn out?
Your mom's response about the broiler pan was priceless! I must say, I would have probably asked you the same thing if you had phoned me to borrow one!
And was your superintendent trying to be funny, or is he just an ass?
You should let the kiddos use your to do list for artwork today! Just tell Corey you have no idea how they got ahold of it!
I'm with your mom---what exactly is a broiler pan?
Your 'Not Me' Mondays I think are my favorite blogs to read. LOL. They start the week off right. How did the ribs turn out?
Have a fabulous day!
you're too funny! I do know what a boiler pan is and super unhappy that I don't have one!
LOVE your mom's response to the broiler pan! lol
And we have a weird name thing going on here...my dad's name is Bruce too.
Haha, that's too funny about your mom!!!
A honey do list? I'd kill my hubby!
Too bad ya'll didn't get the superintendent on video making that comment. What a jerk!
Now, as for the broiler pan...everybody needs one. You can make a boat-load of jello in one of those things. Mmmmm....
Great Not Me's! My dad is the cook in our family so whenever I have a cooking question I call him. If my mom answers the phone I just ask for my dad and if she asks why I just tell her it's a cooking question and I can then hear her call "Joe, Staci needs you"! :) Check out my Not Me's...
I hope your knee feels better soon. John is a runner too and he appears to have a bone spur on the back of his foot which has him sidelined for awhile :(
I can't believe that comment about the lunch!!! That's not very nice!! ;-)
Are you going to tell him what not to do with that list?
I hate how people comment about pregnant women's weight. That is a total pet peeve for me. I loved the conversation about the jeans. Too funny.
LOL I can just imagine what was going through the secretaries head when she heard that!
Yeah, I kinda saw it coming with the feel my thigh comment... I'm 12, you know. Giggle central.
Also, all I could think of about that superintendent was "must be a guy", but... was it?!
:)
Oh how I laugh when I read your blog. And I love that you have a friend with my name. I'm not pretending that I got to touch your thigh- that would be totally psychotic.
He actually left you a to-do list...isn't that what women do to men? Oh well...hope you get some of it accomplished :) That super of yours had some nerve too!
Happy Monday :)
~Elyse
I can totally see myself having the "feel my thigh" conversation. Right at the moment when my pastor walks by, or something. (Although, since "my pastor" is soon to be Hubba Hubba, that becomes less embarrassing.)
Uh oh ... really? A honey do list? Yikes! :)
You know that they have restaurants that will fix ribs for you to buy. And I hope she totally gets him back for the fat comments! You should turn your list over & make one for him on the back!
I'm totally loving the "thigh" conversation! Always fun hearing just part of the conversation, right??
Your mom is funny...she had no clue what a broiler pan was? Well, now that I think about it...I'm not sure I even know what one looks like!
This is a great post, but I think that I might love the one from last week a bit more. The fact that Cory gave you a "honey-do" list totally made me laugh. What's even better is that you blogged about it, rather than actually doing anything on said list.
Only my darling Sara! :)
-Francesca
My son was born in August and my principal told me that I should've "planned better." Why do they get to say that kind of stuff?
Honey Do List? He's got it all wrong!! =)
Here is a little kitchen help. For ribs, take a slab rub with dry rub (garli powder, onion powder, salt, peper, paprika, brown sugar, cayene pepper) and put meat side down on a large piece of tin foil. wrap it up so it is like a pocket. Cook at 250 for 4-5 hours and wipe with sauce. They fall off the bone and it's a no brainer. You should shock your hubby and bust those out. He'll wonder what happened!
Did he burn up in the flames she shot at him with her eyes?
lol... feel my thigh!
and the poluck story was oh so good!!!
gotta love a good pair of jeans!!
Just FYI...running 3 miles at least 3 times per week...going to push a little longer this week...
Oh plus the usual 3 cardio classes and 2 BP classes per/wek...didn't want you to think I was just "bumming".
Good luck with the housework1
OK, so that is too funny about the jeans....there *is nothing* better than a good pair of jeans though, right? (I have an entry on my sidebar with my take on how a good pair of jeans can change your life)...so I can appreciate how you just have to have people experience it with all their senses, LOL.
And I will put a bag on my head because I do not own a broiler pan either. I only cooked my first turkey a few years ago.....when I was 21....
*insert cricket sounds*
(that was my belated Not me statement....I would never lie about my age, nope, not me!)
Hope you have a happy day....
Such a great fly on the wall conversation! Seriously..."feel my thigh"? LOL
love it...feel my thigh! ha!
you have been awarded...check my blog! :)
Love the cooking skills conversation with your mom. The superintendent comment was so funny, sounds like something Donnie would say and then feel horrible about it later when he figures out what he just did.
I say throw away the honey do list and go have some fun, you can finish the list the week before you go back to school.
Have a great day!
Seriously?! He did not say that to your co-worker... what a moron.
That superintendent! Gah!
I bet those ribs came out great!
Funny stuff!! Your Not Me's never fail to crack me up. And the "Honey Do List"...yea right. My husband would send me an email and hope I read it. :)
Oh the broiler pan conversation is just too much!
And the superintendent! Wow they must be gutsy to say stuff like that to a 35-weeks pregnant woman! haha
That's hilarious that your mom didn't know what a broiler pan was either. Hahaha!
Did your superintendent get punched in the face by your pregnant co-worker? lol
Post a Comment