7.14.2009

Give-a-way Winner!

Congratulations to the winner of the $10 Caribou Gift card and $20 Target Gift Card.... XXX at My Confessions of Craziness!! Now, I know her real name, but since she doesn't put it on here, I won't either. I'll just call her XXX, because I am pretty sure she is that type of gal. Congrats~ Enjoy! And? I hope that I get to meet her mother someday, because her and I would make quite the *~Rockstar~* duo.
I do believe my next contest will involve a guessing game. As in, "Guess How Many Hours the HVAC Man Will Work Today!" Will it be a full 4 hours? Will he bust out and put in- gasp!- 5 hours!? Our current schedule is
-Arrive at 9:15-9:30, walk around for a bit
-Work until 11, leave for lunch
-Arrive back at 12:45, sit and rest for a bit
-Work a teeny bit
-Leave a bit after 3

At this rate? We'll be done next summer. Okay, off to do deep breathing.

9 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Well, congrats to XXX! =0)

You do realize that that nicknames gonna STICK for her, right? Too funny! Well, nobody else besides you has referred to me as BFFAEAA, so maybe XXX is okay still.

Best of luck with your lazy-man!

Kelli said...

Yes, I have learned there is a very complicated algorithm that is used to determine the actual work time of any contractor.
Take the estimated time of completion (that they disclose), multiply by two. If the work will wrap into the next week, add one day for 'weekend recovery.' If supplies are needed, add one hour per day of original estimate. If they run out of supplies, add another day. If at any time during the estimate they make the following claims, "This will be easy." or "This won't take long." add two more days.
I wont lie, I work on a similar schedule when it comes to laundry!
My electrician told me it would take one week to wire my house. It took five.
Good luck!

Kameron said...

See what I miss being gone for 5 days. Don't mind me while I sniffle. I hope that guy gets some work done today!!

Ace said...

Ha! I'd watch him every single second of the day, write down what he's doing and for how long, give it to him with a bill for how much he owes you for wasting your time!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Too bad your HVAC guy isn't like my hubby. He works in the concrete business and most days works right through without even a lunch break. I tell him everyday when he gets home STARVING, that he needs to take a lunch break. Hello, it's the LAW. Right?

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

I agree with Ace!

seriously? said...

OMG..did I really win? Really? I don't know what to say...I am so honored. I am beyond excited and I didn't even prepare a speech so this is completely off the cuff as I didn't think I would win:

I would like to thank Sara for having this giveaway for without her, this wouldn't be possible.
I would like to thank my mom and dad for always believing in me and knowing that I could enter a contest and win.
My husband and kids for always giving me good blogging material.
I would like to thank all my blog friends as without you this wouldn't be possible...
Thank you, Thank you Thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me...sniff sniff. :)

Foursons said...

Are you kidding me? I used STRATEGY for this contest. I feel jipped.

Kaci said...

Congrats to XXX!! How did I miss a giveaway!! SON OF A !!