7.14.2009

Top 10 List

Yay! i am loving this top 10 thing. I only wish I would make a top 189 list of what I need at the store so wouldn't have to run in for cheese and laundry soap today. Today? I am following Jennifer's lead on life with dogs~ or in my case, all pets.
Top 10 Benefits to life with my cat!

1.How can I find the words to explain how much I love changing the litter box? And now that my husband no longer buys my excuse that changing litter causes cervical cancer in women, I am obligated to do it. {Or, if perhaps you have a link proving it, could you pass it on?}
2. Nothing like running on the treadmill at night and looking outside to see 2 glowing eyes staring at you through the window. Not that it scares me. I'm tough.

3. The time she had worms.

4. Mewing in the middle of the night, like a cat in heat, when she wants to come inside. It sounds like 30 cats fighting out there. Then? When you open the door, she turns away. {Repeat x50}

5. Mewing, beginning the second I get out of bed in the morning to be fed. Then? eating it and mewing until I feed her again. Following me around the house, tripping me if I take too long to feed her. Then? If it is the wrong flavor of Fancy Feast, she begins again.

6. Black cat hair everywhere.

7. When she eats too much and gaks on my floor. Sick.

8. Summertime. Even at 16 years old, with no claws, she goes out and massacres up to 8 mice and leaves them on the step for me to approve of. My husband then wakes me up at 6 a.m. to tell me that there has been a massacre on the steps that I need to clean up.

9. She licks. Yes, she will pur and paw at you and lick you for hours. In the middle of the night. In the day, anytime. She loves to lick people. And if you toss her off the bed? She comes back up to lick more. And more. And more.

10. Fine, she is okay. If only she'd let me pet her once in a while!




46 comments:

Cammie said...

hate hair balls.
I make my husband do the litter box
mine needs to stop kneeding at my belly, I know, it is squishy....
they run from my kids
they fight with each other making sounds like rabid ally cats

but they do kill spiders.

Loukia said...

Oh, no! Hahaha! Cats tend to scare me, too. Especially at night with their glowing eyes. Once, when I was a teenager and babysitting, the parents told me their cat was outside, but when she wanted to come back in, she's start scratching the screen door. After the kids had gone to bed, I heard the scratching, so I went to let the cat in... only... the way she was looking at me was very scary. I did not want to be alone with this cat. So I did not let her in. The parents did come home within minutes after that, though - so it's not like I left her out all night!

lz @ My Messy Paradise said...

I have 2 cats - got them 9 years ago, and really didn't think it through before agreeing to them...
One of them throws up every time he eats and the vet assured me he is fine. Uh, no...that is not fine at all.

Kathy B! said...

I only have a rabbit and I refuse to do a top 10 list about her. She already takes up way too much time and rewards us with zero affection. I am NOT writing about her!

I wonder if you could put something yucky tasting on your skin so the cat would stop with the nighttime licking!!

Kristina P. said...

This makes me almost like cats. :)

Barbaloot said...

Oh-I am NOT pet people. Not cats, dogs, hamsters...not even fish! You have fun with your scary kitty, though:)

Ace said...

I'll have to check out the top 10 next week and see about joining in!

I can't have any kinds of plants at all in the house because my cat eats them. Then leave chewed up plant yak on the floor.

Meg said...

Aw, I love my cats. She loves you even when she turns up her nose to yucky flavors of cat food. Hey we as humans do it...they have taste buds too. :)

Mrs. M said...

I'm so with you on all of these - cats seem to get sick all the time, can't they just learn to do it in the potty??

Kameron said...

I love being pregnant and not having to empty the box. Plus I stretched it out to include breast feeding. How he fell for that was beyond me. Then he was just used to doing it and I didn't say a word!

I have long white cat hair all over my house and she knows better than to lick me! Ugh!

Family American Style. said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for sharing. We start tomorrow. ”What would your children say?” Wednesday, I hope you can join in the fun.

Staci said...

We have two cats and I feel your pain :) My husband's cat used to love to lick John's face after he came back from a run (John, not the cat). I guess he liked the taste of the salty sweat...YUCK!

Jenn said...

There's nothing like coming downstairs first thing in the morning and finding a big, mixed-up gob of hair and food, courtesy of our Chloe.

Eh, at least she keeps the mice away. :)

Foursons said...

Be thankful those mice are showing up dead and not alive!

The Mother said...

If it's even REMOTELY possible that you might get pregnant, you can avoid cat litter duty on the Toxoplasmosis defense. It's real, and much better than cervical cancer (which you get from sex, so if you need an excuse for that...)

E @ Scottsville said...

Okay, so here's my top 3.

#1 - they make me sneeze. Yep, allergic to 'em.

#2 - that baby bird that fell out of the nest and Riley just happened to open the door in time to see it flutter and then the cat bite its head off. Yea, crying daughter - not fun.

#3 - the excessive numbers of you feline that live on my porch. Quit doing what you're doing which makes more of you! You know what I'm talkin' about!

Cass said...

Benefits huh? I can tell you are one cat lover. heehee. Remember: She adores you if she ignores you!

LucieP said...

Oh kitties...how we love them!
I will stick to my "no pets rule" strickly enforced (darn) by my landlord. I have to a law abiding citizen for once!

Amy said...

That is so funny. I do not have a cat just a hairy dog...

Millennium Housewife said...

But that's the point with cats - they take everything you have to offer then refuse to be petted. Ah you've got to love them.

Unknown said...

I love your top ten lists :) I don't have a cat, but just hearing about yours cracked me up!

Oh and in regards to the 'Smooth Away' I had a few bloggers ask me about them, so I will be posting on it soon and just maybe doing a giveaway for some :)

Stephanie said...

Oh this is not a good list for me. Spent all day with two little girls begging me to please please get them that adoralbe kitty? Am I a cat person. Sounds like a big fat no.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I would have a similar list for my dog. Just add eats everything not nailed down.

Helene said...

Oh man, my cat does that too...she'll scratch at the back sliding door and then when I open the door, she'll stand there. And then run away, after I've already let at least 20 bugs into the house.

Anonymous said...

LOL, cute top ten! I stopped cleaning the litter box when we started trying to get knocked up...seven years later, I'm still litter box cleaning free!!! :)

Laura Marchant said...

Oh you gave me shivers with the worm one, lol

"Cookie" said...

I'm LOVING my dog right about now!!!! But if he jumps on you, you're toast....weighing in at 110 lbs. :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Cats can be a real joy, huh?

The Dental Maven said...

Okay. Now it's time for your cat to give her top ten list.

Kaci said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! How I miss my cat...a little or litter! LOL! I'm so funny!

Anonymous said...

And thank you for reminding me why I don't have any animals. :) Adam is enough (I'm not saying he licks, I'm just saying.)

Grand Pooba said...

11. When the cat steals the porkchop right off my plate!!

(true story)

Simply Complex said...

Oh, kitties. At least yours is nice!

Man, I really hope that your knee shapes up soon. You need your running (sanity) back!

Miller Racing Family said...

Girl you are so funny. I can't stop laughing at the cat liter and cancer. That has to be the laugh of the day. We just got two new cats. For some reason no matter where we live at the cats always run away. So we will see how these go.
Have a great day!

Amy said...

I hope you try some sweet tea...

peewee said...

So was this a top 10 of why you HATE your cat? Cuz I thought it was a top 10 of why you DO like your cat. Funny either way! That's why I have dogs! They eat EVERYTHING!

WILLOW TREE said...

I'm allergic. But I'm still a fan. Dogs come when you call them. Cats say leave a message, I'll get back to you. :)

Blessings,
Carolynn

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ew, I just cleaned up some cat vomit. Not fun.

I would have screamed at number 2.

amanda said...

i think you've already 'fixed' this issue. but if you were pregnant you can't change the litter box. ;0) love this list. we don't have a cat, but we have a dog. yesterday he killed a woodchuck and i let my kids watch. circle of life i said. :0)

Debbie said...

You are so funny! I, too, and a huge fan of litter box duty!

McKsMom said...

I saw your tweet about a blog makeover. check out my friends blog at http://thompsonfun.blogspot.com/ She recently had her blog redone. She has the link on there. It is very reasonable. I think she does it for donations. Good luck with a blog makeover!

Rachel @ Called to Grow said...

Thanks for reminding me why I am a dog person. :)

Michelle said...

Oh man...My cat brought in a dead chipmunk into our dining room today!

Oh joy!

amber said...

Worst cat trick ever? Hacking up a hairball where I will inevitably step in the cold, wet vomit pile when stumbling from bed in the morning.

heidi said...

Aww! I miss m kitty. *sniff sniff*

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I think it is insanely funny that right after you tell about the mice she brings for you as gifts, you talk about her licking you.

All I can think of is her tongue that just killed and carried a mouse is now licking your face.

Awesomeness...