7.11.2009

A Give A Way!!

Okay~ let's say that when I told you all hubs was on vacation last week? I didn't realize he'd be home so much. And while having hubs home and everything is great, it can also be busy. I spent the week mowing lawn {grrr..}, running errands for him, knocking out walls, sweeping up sheetrock dust, vacuuming, and entertaining.
{Hey, if you have never tried to entertain 6-12 people at a time, while having your entire house torn apart, do try.}
We are making progress. All the new walls are up. The uber lazy duct worker man guy has the new holes cut. Electric is near completion. Then? Lay new subfloor, hang new sheetrock, scrape all the popcorn off the ceiling so it can be replaced with knockdown, get mudding & taping done {not by us}, lay the new flooring, paint entire main level, hang all the new doors, trim, have cabinets installed, bathtub installed, tile completed and we are done. Easy-peasy.
Okay, now I am all wound up again.
**Better news!** I am having a giveaway in celebration of my 1 year blog-o-versary!
I can't explain how much fun I've had over the last year, getting to know all of you. While my hubs may still think I am nuts, I no longer even feel odd saying things like, "My friend Tiff invited me up to Canada to stalk Edward on the set of Twilight." Even though I've never met her IRL. I invite myself to Ashley's wedding. I chat back and forth with Ace about random stuff. I may even know her real name. {Although I still don't know what her blog name is all about.} Counselormama and Seriously?!? make me laugh. I need to meet Mrs. Seriously's mama someday. And who can forget my BFFAEAA?
Moving on...
My giveaway? Up for grabs is a $10 Caribou Coffee Gift Card and a $20 Target Gift Card
To Enter? Leave a comment. I am a simple gal. Contest ends Monday @ Midnight. Mostly because I like how that sounds.
off to do housework...

66 comments:

Alicia said...

That Ace is a good blog friend isnt she? I just love her. Congrats on your year anniversary! I love your blog!

Kristina P. said...

Happy anniversary! I love how easy you are. :)

Mrs. M said...

Congrats!!!! :-) This is my kind of contest entry...

Meg said...

Happy anniversary to you! I've almost hit 100 post, a milestone.

Mara said...

Happy blog-o-versary! We love all have to share with your readers! Keep it up!

Jenn said...

Woo hoo! Or Woot? Which would be more appropriate for the occasion? Well, either way, Happy One Year. :)

Ace said...

Count me in!

Oh, and my blog name... ever seen the movie Raising Arizona?

Unknown said...

Me
Me
Me!

Give the new chick the prize!

Happy 1 Blogiversary!

Elyse said...

Count me in! What a great idea!
~Elyse

Unknown said...

I like simple! Happy one year!

E @ Scottsville said...

Sara,

Being the pathetic, sad, lifeless, loser that I am... I was waiting for ME... waiting for MY NAME! And then last but not least, there I was.... BFFAEAA. And I immediately laughed when I saw it. And once again, i'm left wondering what the end letters are for. You do this to me on purpose!!! SO spill it, Woman.

Best Friend Forever And Ever And Always? Am I right this time?

{{hugs}} Love you Sara! So when ya coming down? I could use a friend today!!!!

Tina said...

I love your blog! You always crack me up! And you are a runner! You're my kind of gal.

King J's Queen said...

Happy Blog-o-versary!

So, what's a BFFAEAA?

Staci said...

I see you are enjoying a relaxing a stress free summer vacation :) Happy Blog-o-versary Girl.

Cass said...

Wow! Congratulations on hitting the one year mark! I have enjoyed your blog...

Cass

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Happy blogoversary!! Keep up the great posting. I'm glad I found you. You crack me up. And listening to your home improvements makes me quite nervous about my kitchen remodel. :) I hope I can remain calm like you.

Amy said...

Happy Blog Anniversary...

That is so wonderful to have been doing this for a year.

Have a great night.

Kathy B! said...

Happy anniversary and sign me up, baby!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Your house remodeling doesn't sound easy-peasy! ;)

susan said...

happy anniversary. i think mine is coming up too. love the blog. it makes me smile when i read it. hoping to win!!! wooohooo

Alicia O. & the gang said...

Love it. Loved the mention of the giveaway 3 times in your post..and then...BAM..there it is...short and simple. My kind of Gal!

erin said...

happy anniversary! i can't believe it's only been a year! my 1-year is coming up on the 16th. i think. :-)

Christy said...

Happy Blogaversary! I'm in!

Jazzy said...

Well, since we are IRL blogging friends, actually we were IRL friends before we ventured out into the blogging world.....anyways!
Since we are IRL blogging friends...I feel obligated to tell you that.....I WANT the give away!!!!!!! I hope I win!!!!!! If I DO win...I will totally help demo more walls:) It was both therapeutic and FUN!! So there...that's my comment(s). ")

Anonymous said...

have many many more! Congrats!I enjoy reading your blog, I feel like I somehow know you guys too!:)

Kelli said...

Happy blogoversary!!! Hope you're having a great summer!

amanda said...

yay for a year!! you always make me laugh too. and i'm still in love with my sunglasses. even though i have to wear my glasses right now because i don't have contacts...i just put the sunglasses on over my glasses. because i'm classy like that.

YOU totally make me laugh all the time as well. yet you throw in a curveball of serious that's just as great! thanks for always being so encouraging and funny.

and my guess on bffaeaa is the same as erica's guess. i totally remember shortening all my phrases into the first letter. in fact shaun and i will still sign cards f&a forever and always. lol.

sorry to ramble. the kiddos got up early. so i got to read some blogs while they enjoy lucky charms. :0) well not real lucky charms, the off brand....

{Kimber} said...

*GASP* Ace is not her REAL name?!
Here I was thinking she just had a wicked awesome name!! :)

Happy Blogaversary!!! Glad that you are one of my bleeps!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

L Kelly

~Shari said...

Happy ONE year anniversary!

KJ said...

Congrats...and mmm..caribou!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

It seems only fitting that I tell you "Happy Blogoversary" on my wedding anniversary today!

I am so glad that you and I met in the bloggy world. I never would have thought that I would consider some gals that I have never met before IRL to be some of my closest friends. But, that is the truth!

LOVE YA!

PS... I still haven't jumped on the bandwagon... maybe I'll finally read Twilight while on vacation next week...

heidi said...

Happy Blogoversary to ya Ms. Thang! SOrry I haven't been around much - summer is runnin' me ragged, I tell ya. Well, that and I'm havign an affair with a real live book so am spending what little free time I have reading that, instead. Can we still be friends? *bats eyes*

I can't believe you're remodeling with house guests. Wait, sure I can. HA! Good luck with it all!!

heidi said...

Happy Blogoversary to ya Ms. Thang! SOrry I haven't been around much - summer is runnin' me ragged, I tell ya. Well, that and I'm havign an affair with a real live book so am spending what little free time I have reading that, instead. Can we still be friends? *bats eyes*

I can't believe you're remodeling with house guests. Wait, sure I can. HA! Good luck with it all!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Happy blogoversary.

Kristen Marie said...

Woohoo for one year! I love reading your blog like my morning newspaper! great giveaway!

The Mom behind the Chaos said...

Congratulations on your one year of blogging!

I am happy you have started..you make me laugh!!

Laura Marchant said...

Congrats! Count me in for the giveaway I love easy ones, lol.

GiGi said...

Hi! Just stopping by to say Hi and also enter your giveaway. Cute blog =)
XoxoGapGirl

mummyof6monsters said...

Happy anniversary:) Love your blog:) Although I will never forgive you re eyeball!!

peewee said...

DOes the fact that I can't walk due to a torn foot tendon make you feel sorry enough for me to give me that target card?

no?

How about a torn foot tendon AND a crazy golden retriever?

peewee said...

DOes the fact that I can't walk due to a torn foot tendon make you feel sorry enough for me to give me that target card?

no?

How about a torn foot tendon AND a crazy golden retriever?

seriously? said...

I LOVE giveaways...even though I have NEVER won anything in all my life...sniff, sniff. Congrats on your blog-o-versary...you are awesome!!!! I would love for you to meet my mom. Now that would be blog worthy material for sure...your fear of ax murderers and her stealth like police work. You could be a dynamic duo!!!

Kelli said...

Target! Now you're speaking my language. Congrats on the one year! I've enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you!

More Than Words said...

I love super easy giveaways!!!! :)

OH..and you were the only one to acknowledge my delivery drama!! LOL

Rachel @ Called to Grow said...

One year and Target too!! Does life get any better that that?
Thanks for you blog, I'm looking forward to following the next year too. :)

agk11808 said...

wow, happy one year blogging! hopefully the remodel is done before your next anniversary :)

Lindsay said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY! Your blog is my fav…and no I’m sooo NOT sucking up…really. :o)

Simply Complex said...

I like the simplicity. Really.

Wow, you have a lot of followers for a new-ish blog. Good for you!

Erin said...

Awesome giveaway! I go away for a few days and there are 49 comments before me!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

I've really enjoyed reading your blog for the last year or so. Hope to meet you in real life someday, since we do live in the same state and all :)

Anna

Jaunna said...

Love your blog!

Yay for one year!

sunshineyou said...

you crack me up! happy one-year from another mn'er. hasn't the weather been lovely lately?

Kelly said...

What a fun giveaway! Two of my favorite places! :)

Christy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Barbaloot said...

Ooh---say the words gift card and I'm there:)

Happy Anniversary.

2Corinth1:4mom said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so happy I found your blog. You crack me up!!
Kristin

Foursons said...

You so definetly need to pick me as the winner even though I have no idea what Caribou coffee is. I don't think we have that in my neck o' the woods. But you must pick me because I used stragegy to enter your contest. I purposely did not comment when I first read this because no one at the top of the list ever wins contests. So- I just KNOW you're picking me!

Kelly, Matt, Teagan and Sutter said...

Just came across your blog not too long ago...and it makes me laugh:)

Aileigh said...

Oh, oh! Count me in! I love mesome Target! :) Happy Blog-a-versary!

LucieP said...

oh yay! Caribou Coffee is so MN and Target is so you!
I can't believe it's only been a year...crazy...I love your blog! Happy Bloggyversary!!

Trish said...

I wanna win!!!!!

:O)

Happy Anniversary Bogger Chick!

Cup of Grace Coffee Shop said...

how you entertained people in your house when it's torn up is beyond me.

Happy Blogoversaary!!!!

Candie<><

Heidi said...

Happy Blogoversaary! It looks like your first give away will have some good takers!

Anonymous said...

happy blogoversary!!!! YAY!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I'm obviously not entering this giveaway because I am WAY behind but I just wanted to ask if I could go with you to Canada to stalk Edward and meet Tiff (and you, obviously)?

Oh and also, where the heck were you?!? I had your vegetarian meal all ready for you!