7.07.2009

Top 10 List

It’s A Beauty Filled Life
Yes! Top Ten Lists are among my favorite things to do. I love to list things. Not write them down or anything, but list them in my head. However, today? I will write them down.
My top ten list? These are not all necessarily in order, as I didn't feel like cutting and pasting after finishing.

TOP TEN THINGS I AM PARANOID ABOUT

10. Wolves. We apparently have a pack of wolves living near our house. Last night, Corey and I were out having a fire when I heard them. Before I heard them, I didn't even know I was scared of them. Also, when I asked Corey how attractive my scent would be on a scale of 1-10? He said a 12. Great. Then? When I heard rustling in the woods? He told me it was a wolf coming after me. Good thing I have mad Kung Fu skillz.

9. Injury to my knees. I do not want any injury that could hurt my running, so I tend to freak out at every twinge.

8. Anything ever happening to my kids. If they so much as get a bump, I freak.

7. Same with hubby. He wants to go on a motorcycle trip, and I am freaked about it.

6. Fish biting me on my butt if I go into the lake. I am also fearful that they may bite my toes, but to a lesser degree.

5. Bulls jumping through their pen and chasing me. If you've seen a bull in person, you know why. They are very large. My FIL tries to get me to go out in his pasture when the bull is there, but I think it is part of his plan to seek revenge on me for all the teasing I do. I'm not going in.

4. Going into the ditch in winter and having to use the emergency kit in my car. I am not a fan of winter and being in its elements scares me. {Why, why do I live here?}

3. Glowing eyeballs in the dark. Seriously? For a person who loves nights, I sure am scared of most of the stuff that goes with it. Heck, I hate driving by graveyards in the dark. I must keep my eyes forward. One time? It got dark earlier than I though when I was out on a run. I had to run 2 miles in the dark. I was deathly scared of being attacked by a bear the whole time.

2. Pretty much all animals except goldfish.

1. Honestly? Do you have to ask? If so? Check it out here.

Thanks Jen! I had fun doing this!

44 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think that something happening to my husband is number one!

The Stiffs said...

When my Mom was little she lassoed herself to the fence and had a bull charge her. Her toe was bitten by a catfish in the pond she was swimming in... my aunt nearly died from a rat bite. I grew up with all kinds of phobias...like my grandmother telling me the cat would suck out my soul or suffocate me in my sleep.

The Mother said...

See, I thought that said BILLS popping out, which in this economy is pretty scary.

Bulls? Not so much.

lz @ My Messy Paradise said...

Axe Murderers is #1, no doubt...Sounds like you have a healthy amount of phobia that is required to keep you on your toes! ;-) and wait...you DON"T like Tater tots? Huh? Really?

Alicia said...

Something happening to my hubby or daughter would be my number 1.

Unknown said...

You are too funny! I think you need to move away from Minnesota. Oregon is a nice place and not as many elements in the winter or scary animals :)

You also need to get over and enter the Twilight giveaway! I can totally see you running in the Twilighter T! :)

Barbaloot said...

I was on a hike at night with some friends this past Saturday. I was fine until our group of 20 turned into 4...then I started thinking about bears and cougars. Not cool.

Kelli said...

OK, stupid fear that I have. Sharks. Yes, I live in a land-locked state, and the last time I was at the coast was three years ago, but I'm scared. Too many teeth! Once, I got out in the ocean kind of far and [get ready to laugh] my shadow was kind of dancing on the ocean floor, I screamed and high-tailed it back to not-so-deep waters. I realized my mistake, but I still stuck to beach combing after that.
We all have the crazy, it's just a matter of how you manage it.

Aileigh said...

That was too funny! I have to agree about the wolves thing! I would be freaked out too! I hate the dark and get freaked out when alone in it! However, the ax murderer thing... I am not scared of them because I AM one....

Muwahhhhh! :) Arizona you say?

Loukia said...

LOL... fun! Ax murderers scare me silly, too. And anything happening to my family. I too freak out over even the smallest scratch or bump or anything! And fish in the ocean, too... I can't stand seeing little fishies... forget about the big ones - yikes!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You are too funny! I am with you on the kids one!

erin said...

that's great! i would hate to put my hands in the water when we'd go fishing for fear that a northern would bite off my fingers. but swiming in a lake? no problem!

and right after the incident with me and the boogie man, i thought of you. i wish you could've been here to freak out with me! :-)

Mrs. M said...

Haha..once again realizing we have a lot in common. I avoid swimming in lakes, rivers, and oceans at almost all costs. I don't want any sort of "creature" swimming anywhere close to me!!! And I know they will if I get in! :-)

Meg said...

I don't want wolves around my house, I hear coyotes...I swear they want to eat my chihuahua; stay away.

I also don't tend to go into the ocean because of things biting me. I don't like not seeing where they are coming from...fishy things scare me too.

Foursons said...

Don't you know that those wolves are Jacob and his crew protecting you from all the blood suckers? No worries dear.

E @ Scottsville said...

So all your TRUE followers did NOT have to click to know that you meant Ax Murderer. Ha!

So hey, did you recognize the girl that I met yesterday? She's a runner and I know she knows you, too.

Kameron said...

I don't swim in lakes for that exact reason. Well, the toes thing, I had never thought of them biting my butt! :o)

Jennifer said...

LOL @ #3!!! I hate washing the dishes at night because my kitchen sink looks out into my side yard, that is completely dark, and I'm always afraid I'm going to see scary red eyes looking at me! EEEEEEE!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

We have really mild winters here compared to what you are used to! Just move on up girlfriend! And besides, my husband has a snow plow for his work on the movie sets... he could get you out of the ditch if needed!

Amy said...

How funny. I get scared that something will get my feet if I jump in the lake. My Round Robin is Friday if you want to stop by.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I share a bunch of those fears too. I fear the fish while swimming too. I prefer the pool for that reason.

Michelle said...

Your blog makes me laugh :-)

I had to re-read the axe murder post which also made me laugh.

I hope none of these things ever happen to you!

The Mom behind the Chaos said...

Love the list! And you can never really tell about those axe murders! Better safe than sorry!!

KJ said...

I would definitely add falling through the ice...in my car. Huge fear of mine...which also makes me wonder why I live in a cold state with lots of lakes...

Anonymous said...

i was wondering when ax murderers would show up on that list!

i also freak out about injuries and sicknesses with my son and husband. i'm a worry freak!

2Corinth1:4mom said...

I love your list! I worry about having to go to the bathroom when running and not being anywhere near a potty!

Kristin

Wait, that might be TMI...

Kristen Marie said...

oh geeze, i laugh at you being scared about a fish biting you on the butt! I have it on film, a fish biting my aunt on the butt in Hawaii!! Hilarious! I am more scared of a seal touching me while swiming in the Puget Sound!

Tina said...

Ah! My husband has a motorcycle and I worry like crazy when he rides it!

Unknown said...

Maybe you could use your mad Kung Fu skills on the axe murderers!

Anonymous said...

you are my favorite person right now. i.love.lists.

lol @ the fish butt thing. i have to admit it's possible and it doesn't sound pleasant.

Simply Complex said...

Oh, i definitely see some similarities between us.

Good list.

Amy said...

I'm not afraid of fish, but am TERRIFIED of sharks. SHARKS! I spent the first 28 years of my life in a completely land-locked province. Not very logical.

But still... (shudder) sharks. Ugh.

seriously? said...

I am really thinking that you and I were switched at birth...this list sounds like fears my mom would have. Do you drive a golf cart and want to catch criminals in the act yet, are afraid of them all at the same time? I think we may be sisters...

Helene said...

I kept waiting for the comment about the axe murderer and I just know that has to be the one at the bottom!!!

I'm also scared about fish biting me....I refuse to go in any body of water where I cannot see my feet!!!

Cass said...

Love it! You crack me up lady! Do bees count as 'animals'? They would be on my list...

Cass

The Dental Maven said...

But what about dead goldfish? Now those suckers are pretty damn scary. Seriously.

Rachel @ Called to Grow said...

Ohh, I hate those bloody Axe murders...!!
Please tell me where you have actually encountered glowing eyeballs. I would probably have to encounter them to determine whether or not I was afraid of them. :)

Anonymous said...

you're soo funny fish biting you? you mean like a shark or like little ones? I think if they are little they nibble now pyrannas that's a different story...

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh wow....this was so fun to read! I giggled on more than a few. Especially the wolf scent scoring.

I think I need to have you come out and spend a weekend at our place. We'll acclimate you to wild creatures in no time.

xox
*~Michelle~*

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I'm paranoid about your #1, too. Creeps me out just thinking about it. :)

Debbie said...

Fish biting your butt? That one made me giggle!

Counselormama said...

I am also deathly afraid of losing control of my car while I am on a bridge and landing in the water, ahhh!!! I try not to think of it.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I am not sure that I agree with #3...I thought it was eyeballs in general that freaked you out.

I'll have to go look up a few posts to be sure, though. :)

-Francesca

heidi said...

I'm not afraid of anything. I fear nothing. I have no qualms whatsoever. No one has ever called me chicken or bawked at me.

I am an excellent liar.