Well, this and standing in super long lines to go on rides. and using porta potties. But, I shall not forget Mini Donuts, Cheese Curds and Stuff on a Stick. {MN people are big on Stuff on a Stick. Like deep fried Snickers on a stick for instance.}
<---This gem here? Listen, my house may not be in any shape to host guests right now, but if I came to your house and saw this holding up your wine? I might be a bit frightened.
My friend Jazz and I happened upon this while perusing some gift shops in my hubby's hometown. Guess it fits that "up north" theme. Or something.
This one is for Cammie. Enough said.
And last, but not least-ly {yup, made that up}
here are my two loves randomly standing in a hay field. They were waiting for Grandpa to come back and get them on the tractor. It was taken with my iphone, so quality isn't hot, but I still think it is cute!
Have an awesome Thursday (what is left of it) I am going to read some blogs, and then nurse my sore-from-rollerblading 12 miles against the wind- buns in the bath!
47 comments:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...........
Green????????????
As long as you're not smokin' it
What a great post!! I've never read anything like it before. :)
LOL My hubbys is sure there are not enough meats on sticks..:)
Don't you just love the summer fair. Our county fair is going on right now. Trey can't wait till the derby Saturday night and then stand in the never ending lines for the rides.
I love the precious photo of the boys.
Have a great day!
All right, my reader said the title of this post was 'Grass,' but when I got here, it says 'Random Ramblings...' So now, you've got me curious about grass. I mean, what could you have to say about grass? And then change it? Or is there some strange error thing?
Oh, and regarding festivals and such? Grew up with "Timberfest." Yes. Grown men [and some very scary women] would race to see who could split logs the quickest. Don't think that didn't bring out the crazies. Mullets were the standard for the men [and some very scary women]!
Mmmmmmm...snickers on a stick. And that last photo is so cool- I love the way the sun shines down like rays of hope on a summer day. Awwww...so peaceful and tranquil like.
Fried snickers?? Wow, those sound heavenly! The cheese curds, though...not so much.
I love the pic of your boys in the field! I'm impressed that it's such good quality taken on your iPhone. When I take pics with mine, they're always blurry (but then again that might be b/c my kids are constantly on the move...God forbid they actually stand still for more than 4 seconds).
The deer had me laughing...I like it....a lot!
That last picture is adorable.
As far as the fringe boots with the matching fringe mullet, thank you for sparing us the mullet. Lucky you being out of hibernation. :)
Great picture of your boys...question to you- did you at least get fried cheese curds wherever the fringe boot wearing, mullet having male was spotted? THAT is one of the things I miss most about Minnesota...
Cass
That's a priceless pic of your boys with the sun's rays shining down on them.
Ever tried fried oreos?
Mmmm...fair food. You know it's so bad, but it's sooooo good.
Kinda like the DQ that's sitting like a rock in my stomach right now. But so worth it, my friend.
Wait.
... is the deer humping the wine bottle?!?!
I. Am. Dying.
Those are some very interesting pics there!
LOL @ the fringe boots!! Oh my!
Love the picture of your boys!!
I'm completely in love with that wine holder! Not! But I do think it would make a great gift for our ugly gift exchange at Christmas!
What a cute pic of your boys!
Wow. Do deer do that in the wild in Minnesota? Well. That's cool.
Hey, I've been looking for my mocs....I knew it was that transient dude with the mullet who crashed our cookout last year that stole them!
*giggle*
Ahhhhhhhhhh, yes.....carnivals and fairs.....where anything that can be speared on a stick can be battered and fried.
LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo of the boys....is there anyway you can get that enlarged and framed? Beautiful!
Oh my goodness, those shoes are quite interesting. The person had a mullet to go along with it too? Why am I not surprised.
Cheese Curds, Mini Donuts and stuff on a stick, yummmmm. I am ready for the State Fair! Too bad it doesn't start until the end of August. :(
The wine bottle holder is simply hilarious. I have the same question as Jennifer, is that deer humping the wine bottle?
Great picture of your boys! I can guarantee that my little guy wouldn't just stand there for the pic. He'd be off running through the field. LOL
Man, those boots are HOT! Think you could find me a pair and mail them to me?? ;)
that second picture looks like that deer needs to get a room with that wine bottle.
That is the only reason I go to the State Fair every year, the food! Deep fried pickles, cheese curds, pronto pups, Sweet Martha's Cookies, I'm there baby!
Pic of your boys is a-dorable!
Oh cheese curds! I love those---and it's been way to long since I've had any.
Also, those boots are kind of just the most awful thing I've ever seen.
Wow. That fringe is awesome. I feel so inadequuate right now in my fashion sense. And what exactly is that humping that wine bottle?
I'm a little frightened.
I love that deer! Wish I could find one to give to my dad
So how am I now supposed to enjoy a glass of wine without that deer image in my head?
Oh, yeah, duh, just drink the wine, silly...then I'll forget! :-)
LOVE the fair!
Really those boots are so crazy...
have a great Friday and weekend.
That deer wine holder is seriously hilarious... I would love to walk into someones house and actually see it sitting there!
And the picture of your boys is great - the rays of sunshine are so perfect!
haha. THANK YOU for not showing us the matching mullett. UGH.
At the fair the other day I saw deep fried oreos. I so wanted to try them but didn't want to pay $5 to for 4 of them, lol
Thank you for your kind comments. I have enjoyed reading your blog.
mmmmm i make teh best deep fried mars bars,mmmmm i want some NOW! Thanks a lot!Is that a DEER holding a bottle of alcohol?? Nice:)
I am a huge fan of stuff on a stick. I MUST try a deep fried Snickers bar someday.
what? you wouldn't wear those boots???
Oh I so hear you! I live in Maine and it is festival season. today is the Yarmouth clam festival. I did you not!
And those boots are so our they are totally in.
I wouldn't be able to do 12 feet on roller blades, much less 12 miles. I bust my butt everytime I try!
I love the pic of the boys in the field!
I can't believe how much working out you do. It;s exhausting for me to read about it! I always need to take a nap after your blog! Now. If only I could lose weight by just reading your blog!!
I AM reading this blog instead of cooking. Too tired from MckPicnic and MckBrunch...lol. Tonight is 'fend for yourself people' night. Hehee.
My first summer fair in Pennsylvania this past weekend (about an hour north of where we are in MD) and we got to taste yummy pumpkin funnel cake. I bet that was good for the diet.
Liz (Loving Mom 2 boys) and I both had a corn dog today. We agreed with the deliciousness!
That guys boots rock. And by rock I mean they suck 80's a$$! Sorry I am delerious, but it is the boot's fault.
you are evil.
heehee
Okay, the geese things were FUNNY! You know you loved it, Cammie! =0)
And was that bottle holder a Jackelope? WEIRD!!!
There are the boys that I adore. I haven't seen a picture of the two of them together in quite a while.
And you mean to tell me that there were only small statues of the purse snatching geese at the store you went to? Where are those darn chicks?
You now have a new mission...
-Francesca
That critter holding the wine bottle looks a little perverted. Or maybe it's just me.
WHat is that animal DOING to that bottle?
What a great way to see the fair!! I was just at the Chisago County Fair and boy was I bummed I left my camera at home!
God bless-
Amanda
Your boys are adorable! Thanks for the cloth diaper comment. I am SO ready to get my son out of diapers. Any tips? Going to try the cloth and see where it takes me.
That wine holder was the funniest shit I have seen in a long time. You know you secretly LOVE it!!!! Ummm is that a dude with the fringe? So baaadddd...
Post a Comment