Now, does anybody remember the days when we could just throw on some make up and head out the door? I do. Like, when I was 17.
So yesterday my friends and I hit the Macy's cosmetics counters. {Hello Happiness!} We were plum full of The Melting Pot... {so very good..I am still full. Broke, but full.}
I was waiting for my turn at MAC, so I decided to go check out Smashbox. They have a primer that they are well known for that I wanted to try. I was talking to the saleslady about it, and she is telling me how essential it is to my make up routine.
Okay.
Check.
So now, after I wash my face, put on the toner, then the spot treatment, and the moisturizer and undereye cream, I now put on face primer. Okay.
I head over to MAC where I look at some great tinted moisturizer. Love it. I ask her why I should use it instead of my bare escentuals. Fear not, I simply add it to my routine. Under the other stuff.
Okay.
wash, tone, spot treatment, moisturize, prime, tinted moisturizer w/SPF, bare escentuals base coat, undereye concealer, then blush or benefit cheek stain, then bare escentuals mineral veil.
Great. Wait... I still haven't done my eyes?
base primer for eyes, 2 shades of purple eye shadow, matte brown accent, black eyeliner on lash line, vanilla highlight for top, and purple eyeliner on the bottom of the eye. Don't forget the eyelash curler and mascara.
Lips?
I draw the line with lip gloss only.
My question? How do I have the energy to finish? I still have to deoderize, buff, shave, moisturize, self tan...
and my hair?
After all this? Should I NOT look like... someone other than me!?!

{{and if like me, you'd wonder..I got the primer stick in beige-ing, vanilla eyeshadow, the brand new tinted moisturizer, a purple eyeshadow and a matte brown. Can't remember the names and am too lazy to get up and look.}}
47 comments:
You are so cute! And I just started using Bare Minerals and really like it. But, I don't notice a HUGE difference in the way my skin looks.
I like about a 5 minute face.
Until this week I was a mascara only girl. I probably, ok definitely, should use more, lol
Man, I still don't even know how to apply makeup properly. I really should learn how to do that one of these days. There's a place nearby that does makeup consultations...maybe I should do that..
Oh, and I LOVE The Melting Pot. It is pricey but the chocolate fondue makes it all worth it.
Oh, the routines we girls go through! (P.S. Hi, found you on another blogger's page, and I'm semi-new.)
Darn how I wish I were skinny like you!! It is NO fun being tall and FAT!! Anyways....we looked HOT!! My hubs liked my makeup:)
Can't wait to do it again!! It will be kinda sad without Amanda though....:(
ROFLMAO! Oh Sara...I am exhausted just reading about that routine. I love, LOVE, LOVE! make up but I can barely muster up the energy to tone AND moisturize some days, let alone deal with eye cream, primer, face brightener and finisher. LOL
Love the post.
My make-up routine:
Regular days - get up, wash face in shower with cetaphil, dry face after shower, done
For church and dress-up - see shower routine above, smooth on CoverGirl Aquasmooth foundation, add a hint of bronzer, add lip tint
Yep, I probably scare people, especially as I'm getting older.
I am not cracking on your height because I am a little on the short side...okay a LOT on the short side lol! You look great!
hee hee your make up routine sounds like my face washing routine at night! I wash my face,remove eye makeup,exfoliate every other day, apply under eye cream, apply pigment gel to even out skin tone, apply 3 types of abt lotion medications, rotating them every day, then my bare eccentuals skin revival treatment, oh and my neck cream nectifirm, all recommended by my dermatologist because I have acne, and it works!
You look gorgeous! Enjoy your new makeup!
OMG I would love to go cosmetic shopping with you! I am a product whore when it comes to make up... I simply can NOT get enough of it! I may not take the time to use all of it, but I will certainly lust after it and more often than not, I will spend WAY too much money on it!
Oh my gosh, I just loaded up on Bare Escentuals in February! My friends daughter works at the one in Nordstrom, so she gave me a makeover and I was sold from there!! Love it!
Maybe you missed your calling as a makeup artist - you really sound like you know what you're doing. Wereas I, have no clue what I am putting on my face!
You are so cute! I wish I could go cosmetic shopping with you! I love love love Sephora and if there was one closer to my house I would be in trouble. The problem is that I love all this make-up but my morning routine involves a bit of blush, a swipe of mascara and some lipgloss. I'm a low maintainence girl...for being so high maintainence!
I love, love, love makeup! But, weirdly, enough, I never look like I'm wearing any. Tinted moisturizer, mascara and lips, and I'm done, but I'm always looking for the next best thing.
You just gave me an idea...I need my girlfriends and a trip to Nordstrom!
now i'm tired and i havent even brushed my hair yet today. lol. it's okay. still early ;)
WOAH! That would take way too much time for me! I put a little foundation on, a quick sweep of eye shadow and mascara, a little powder and some chapstick and I'm set to go!
I only go all out for special occasions!
So fun! I may have to go to Sephora today.
I used to have a huge regimine but have recently scaled it back a teensy bit... it gets so tiring remembering every step!
The last time I wore make-up was my wedding day (11-ish years ago).
I would be completely overwhelmed with THAT beauty routine, but as an aside; you're beautiful!
That is WAY to much work! When I use tinted moisturizer (sp?) I use a mineral powder on top and that's it. And I've never bought into the whole eye primer thing.
Anyhow, you look fantastic!
You look great...however I could NEVER maintain a cosmetic regimen like that! Kudos to you!
I just went to Bare escentuals for the first time and walked out with $147 in starter kits and primer. But I needed her to write the steps down. I am so clueless with make-up. But I love to buy it, even though I barely wear it.
Are you kidding me??? It sounds like you are remodeling a house!
I am a Merle Norman girl myself.
I LOVE cosmetics!!!! And MAC!! I am a sucker for products! And I think you look great! :)
To answer your q on my post, you don't need cable to appreciate :) I posted the entire episodes on my blog for anyone who didn't get to see it, and you'll REALLY get to know me! LOL. :) But I was thinking about you when I posted because I know you say that you are a little OCD so you may not want to watch them all at once, so they are in two sections :)
Hope you are having a fabulous weekend! :)
That is a lot of work. And a lot of product. Especially for someone like you (good bone structure, pretty eyes, symmetrical smile, etc.).
I approach the makeup counters with caution, as they're there to sell me things I don't necessarily need. Have you ever read "Looking Younger" by makeup artist Robert Jones? You must. I love his approach.
Now skincare... that's where I am a freak. My philosophy is that if I am meticulous about skincare (MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel has changed my life) I won't need primer. My FB profile pic? Cleanse, alpha beta peel, moisturizer, mix a little gel moisturizer w/ foundation for a custom tint (used on eyes as an eye base), mineral powder (also on lids), greyish-brownish eyeliner, mascara, my tree-hugger hippie lip gloss, greyish-brownish shadow in contour. Applied in the truck on the way to Duluth. Aside from skincare? Seven products. Done.
However, now that I am done sounding snarky (not my goal!), if you ENJOY the routine, then go for it!
And you have time for all of this before school in the morning? Holy moly. I would need to number my product to make sure it all went on in the correct order and that I didn't miss any of the steps.
I do LOVE LOVE LOVE to go get made up though!
I'm glad you got to enjoy some Melting Pot! After reading the make up routine, I'm thinking I'm going to print out this post put it in my bathroom and next time my roommate or friends b#$%* about how long it's taking me to do my hair, I'll just point at this post and say, "And I'm BARELY here!" LOL Cheers! :)
You would have a field day with me! I never wear make-up and I need it! I don't wear it because I never really learned how to put it on and what looks best on me. Wish you were close so you could give me a lesson!
and this is why i never wear makeup, i wouldn't even know where to begin....
I'm a little bit exhausted just reading this list of things to do. I am like you though in that I just can't go out without makeup.
I'm starting to wonder a little bit about this purple eyeliner on the bottom.... does it really look purplish? I always wear purple eyeshadow cause I once read in a magazine that purple eyeshadow brings out brown eyes but I never thought of purple eyeliner.. hmmm...
Wow, I never wear makeup. Maybe that is why people card me for Rated R movies?!? The truth of it is, I probably would wear makeup if I knew how to put it on. But, I don't. So I have a ton of free time and money to waste...
Oh, the routines we go through for beauty, right? Although I am new to your blog, I really like it so I've given you an award! Come by http://www.thetamom.com to collect. :)
I would loose track by the 3rd step! I am so bad when it comes to makeup! I wear powder, eye shaddow, mascara and maybe some lipgloss...if I remember. :o)
I must be the only person left in the world who has never eaten at The Melting Pot. We don't have one where I live but I do think there is one about an hour away...sounds like it's worth the drive!
You are too cute...look at you, all made up and totally gorgeous!! I'm sad to say but if I'm lucky enough to have time to do makeup, it's as simple as foundation, powder, a little bit of blush and mascara.
I definetly need to start using more but some days I JUST DON'T CARE! :) I know, I know.
I love me some MAC!! Half my closet is studio A :)
I don't stray too much from it but let me know how u like the smashbox primer I heard great things too!!
Beauty takes time :) { u look great--and remember dynamite comes in small packages!!--I'm height challenged myself!}
Well, I do love anyone that can have fun at the cosmetics counters. You look fantastic and I'm glad I stopped it at your blog. I'll be back. :)
Ya know what, this was a great post! Cuz you're right!!! I remember the days when I'd barely throw on a touch of makeup and think I looked great. The older I get, the more steps there seem to be. It's ANNOYING, I tell ya!
ANNOYING! And I still have wrinkles.
=0) Erica
PS - I'll be sending my readers over to THIS post tomorrow as my "Favorite Post Of The Week". I loved it!
my make-up regimn has gotten longer and longer over the years as well! and you'd think with all the latest technology and all, it would rub off into our makeup! layers and layers! i LOVE using a primer...you won't be disappointed!
I love makeup!!
MAC has the best lip gloss and eye shadow colors...
So glad you had a girl's night!
For real! All the work I do to get fixed up, I should look like a freakin' model. A foot taller too!
The older I get the longer it takes. When I hit 50 I oughta be done with the AM routine just in time to wash it off and go to bed.... and start all over again.
Oh, yeah. I'm with you. I can't be seen without makeup.
I won't be happy if I don't have my makeup on.....and most of my friends go without a lot of the time which makes me wonder if I am strange for always putting it on, even if I have to plans to go anywhere that day. But it makes me feel better about myself and so I do it. ;-)
Why would you want to look like anyone other than you when you look so fabulous? I love make-up shopping! But yeah... it's a routine in itself, isn't it? I never leave the house without my make-up on!
Post a Comment