8.10.2009

Not ME!

That's right. I'm back and stuff. I won't lie...last week got pretty cruddy..more on that later {maybe.}
I was {not} a touch emotionally PMStically fragical last week. If so, the fact that our remodel is moving along s l o w l y, and the fact I go back to work in 3 weeks would not have sent me into a tizzy. Topping if off, I {did not} drop Corey's dinner plate on the floor. He {did not} come in the big hole in the middle of my house kitchen to find me bawling my head off and crying that I cannot handle remodeling any longer. Nope, Not Me! I'm a tough chick. Tough.

My dear knight in shining armor's response was {not} to rush to the home improvement store and buy me a chunk of countertop. That's right. Before, our toaster, hot plate, microwave and toaster oven had been sitting on a tiny little table. Now? My man set me up with a sweet, temporary counter until the kitchen is ready. {FYI: He had his grandpa do the electrical. His grandpa is a retired electrician, who still farms. Grandpa has been busy with his farm/haying/multiple cows. So, he has taken forever to do the electric.} Until the electric is done and inspected, we can't move on to the sheetrock, painting, flooring and finally....new kitchen!

Elijah, the poor dude, was {not} stung by 4 bees last week. Luckily, he is tough. Corey and I were not scared when we heard a horrible shriek/scream/bloody death/wailing coming from the front yard. It {did not} take Corey quite a while to even catch Elijah to see what was wrong, as Elijah was flying around the yard, scream-wailing. Elijah {does not} run and scream like a madman every time he sees a bee now.

In heartbreaking, tear inducing, sob story news... My IT band is {not} beyond painful again. I had a few awesome long runs, then yesterday I headed out for a 12 mile run, and it was a touch make me cry, ouchie!! tender and painful. I {am not} super sad to have to take additional time off running to let it heal. Cause, you know, I {do not} adore running.

I've got more, but due to the fact that I have calls to make, kids to feed, swim lessons to get ready for, Corey's grandpa over, and my tummy is growling..I am out.

43 comments:

Staci said...

Sorry you had such a rough week. I hope this week is much better for you! Our teachers go back to work this Wednesday and the kids have their first day back next Tuesday. I can't believe how quickly the summer has flown by! Good luck with that kitchen! My dad is remodeling the master bath in my parents' house and my mom is starting to go a little bonkers!!!

King J's Queen said...

Isn't that one of the most gut-wrenching sounds when it comes from a child, especially your own child? And, oh, do I ever understand about the electrical stuff. Hubs is a master electrician. Tis my life.

Barbaloot said...

Wow-rough week! And four bees?! Poor kid.

I hope this week is a million times better!

Kristina P. said...

Wow, what a rough week! I'm glad your little one isn't allergic to bees!

Unknown said...

oh, you poor thing, it doesn't sound like last week was fun at all! :( I hope this week is better for you!

Ace said...

I understand the remodeling messes. We completely remodeled our first house. We'd like to buy this house someday (when the other one finally sells) and I am dying to get stuff ripped up and remodeled! I love it!

~*Michelle*~ said...

Yikes!

Here is to a new week with happy sounds...

glad your little one is OK......*shudder* those shrieks from children make the hair on my head stand up.

good luck surviving remodeling.....I will pray for you. LOL

erin said...

emotionally PMStically fragical <--- first of all, i LOVE that phrase! :-)

i hope this week is going better for you... and just think of how much you'll enjoy [cooking in] your new kitchen once it's done!

DESJ and Company said...

Oy!
What a week!
Glad you have countertops now..
boohoo about your injury! that sucks.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm sorry you had a rough week, and that you're in pain again. I hope this week is much better!
Poor Elijah! I hope he's feeling better!

Foursons said...

OMG. 4 bee stings! I'd be running like a mad (wo)man every time I saw them too!

Kathy B! said...

Kitchen re-models earn you a special spot in heaven. Or at least they should!!

Hang in there! And stay away from bees...

Stephanie said...

Oh...what a crap time!
Sorry to hear your babe got stung so many times! When my oldest stepped on a bee a couple of years ago, there was so much drama, I thought she must have put a nail through her foot.

Jen said...

Wow, 4 bees... ouch. Poor kid.

peewee said...

do you have that roller thing for your it band? Im sure you do but if you don't GET ONE!

peewee said...

HAHA! I had JUST left my last comment when I got your comment! I don't know why I think that's noteworthy but it is :)

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Sorry it was such a rough week...

I have {never} cried after dropping/burning/ruining dinner in some way.

Hope this week is a heck of a lot better!

WILLOW TREE said...

My boys don't scream like girls when they see bees either. They're real tough. Not. :)

Blessings,
Carolynn

E @ Scottsville said...

Awwwwww, I know what you're going through with the reconstruction nightmare as you're trying to LIVE LIFE In it all! Ugggh. I don't miss those days.

Poor Elijah. Glad there was no "allergic reaction" story to follow. Whew!

Have a great rest of your Monday!

PS - Just for fun, go hop in a dumpster! ha ha ha

Elyse said...

Oh my goodness...do you blame Elijah for being afraid?! Poor buddy! Hope your knee feels better soon!
~Elyse

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry for the bad 'run' on things lately, friend! i hope things start to looks up soon for ya! when is that kitchen going to be done? i want to see some after shots!!!!

btw...any advice on my calves hurting while running? lately i have had to cut my run short because it hurts so badly. i don't run a ton (nothing like you!) but try to do at least 2 miles a day. i stretch really well before hand. my SIL says i need to eat more bananas!

Alicia said...

Ouch! 4 bees! Poor thing! I hope he is feeling better now!

The kitchen thing I dont blame you! My parents have been "remodeling" their house for a little over a year now and I dont live there but it drives me mad when I am there. I home it picks up for you!

LucieP said...

hey hot mama!! Don't cry...! Good thing Elijah gets his toughness from you!

Happy Anniversary (a little late!)

Unknown said...

I'm right there with you on the remodeling. Mine is driving me crazy!!! I can't be over soon enough.

Mrs. M said...

What a relief it will be to get done with that remodel. Soooo stressful for you. And I am sorry about your IT band, that's just lousy!!

PorkStar said...

emotionally PMStically fragical* hahahahaha awesome!

honeypiehorse said...

Wow busy girl! Great profile pic. Hope the bee stings felt better soon.

Michelle said...

Love the new profile pic! You are a hottie! Rawrr!

The Dental Maven said...

Okay. So. Sounds like everythings great. Right?

Amy said...

What a week. Here is to a new week. Poor little one with all of those bee stings..

Ms D said...

Poor Mama! Hope you have a better week! Hugs :)

{Kimber} said...

Don't make me hurt you!!!!
Edward is all mine...thankyouthatisall! :)

Miller Racing Family said...

Girl I totally feel your pain about having a rough week. I am just thankful that we made it through it.
I am so thankful that you got the pay it forward gift. I hope that it brightened your day.

Ashlee said...

Poor you! That kitchen remodel would suck majorly. Poor beestung baby boy! I'd run around like a madwoman! I want to start running. I hear it's addictive. It wouldn't hurt me to become addictive to something good for me. Chocolate isn't a good addiction :) Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

wow poor baby! I would def be super scared of bees for life, ugh hopefully he forgets about that soon, but that is painful. I remember making a big stink when I was stung while pregnant. I can't imagine how he felt that sucks.

Heather said...

hope this week is better for you! maybe you need to go shopping??? :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sending ((hugs)) for the remodel and the IT band. Remodeling is tough. Hope the IT band heals quickly.

"Cookie" said...

WOW! Sounds rough around you guys' place. Poor Elijah! I tried not to laugh reading your description but just couldn't help it. You made it funny!!

Hope your knee gets better. That just sucks!

Kameron said...

I don't even know how you can ahndle all of that chaos going on around you. We are about to embark on a 3 room makeover, but luckily no walls are being ripped out. I only have to deal with painting and organizing. I hope, for your sanity, that it is all done soon!

Helene said...

I'm sorry that you've had a rough week! Hope it gets better!!!

Simply Complex said...

Luckily, every day is a new one. Hopefully this week will be better than last. And for goodness sakes, hopefully your IT band will get with the program! Good luck on getting some healing done.

Kaci said...

You poor dear...makes you feel any better my hip still smarts like hell. :) Feel better chick.

Unknown said...

wowie...4 bee stings? poor little guy!!

i hope this week is much much better!!!