**Prelude**There I was sitting there all happy with the tacky choices I'd made for my comforter sets, thinking you would all sense my sarcasm. Um, lesson learned. I read the first few comments, and about died. They think I am serious?! I immediately text my sister to see her take. Was I losing my touch? Is my beloved sarcasm going away? {If I were to judge solely on the reactions of my students, I'd have to say it is long gone} Do people actually think I am that tacky? My favorite? Michelle. She was so sweet, giving me advice as to how best decorate around those tacky sets, even offering her help for ideas. I can just imagine what was going on in her mind. Oh, and RunMommyRun, you were awfully sweet as well.
Now that we got that over with, I'm moving on. I am going to take part in Wordful Wednesday. It's my first time, can you tell? Prompt? Favorite Travel Destination. I would have a hard time choosing, but this is easy, because it is where I want my hubby to take me for my 30th birthday in February. (He is willing, but says I have to quit spending $$$ at the mall first. Really. Men.)
Vegas baby.

I've been there a few times and love the sightseeing and all there is to see and do. Right now, I want nothing more than to fly there for a long weekend in February. That is when the weather is terribly cold and nasty in Minnesota, a weekend of shopping, sightseeing and eating sounds pretty good. (I don't gamble much; I'd much rather spend the money on clothing. I'm simple like that.)
Now? I just have to lay off the shopping trips and save me some money to head to Vegas. After this remodeling gig, I think it is necessary, right?
Now, I think I'll head back over to SevenClownCircus and see where everyone else would travel.


34 comments:
I hope you get to go! I love it all lit up at night like that!
Viva Las Vegas!!
And I totally got your sarcasm :)
Good gravy! I'm so glad that was sarcasm. I honestly couldn't tell and was afraid to comment either way. Can't wait to see the real finished project. Have fun is Vegas. If you see the chicken farmer, tell him I said Hi. We went to high school together.
I want to go to Vegas so bad!! Just once would do!
{btw--I totally got your sarcasm too}
Funny. I figured you were being sarcastic.
I totally knew you were kidding about the bedding. Seriously?? No one in their right mind really wants penguins or purple leopard in their adult bedroom!
I sused to live in Vegas. If you end up going, please email me so I may suggest ALL of the best and most delicious places you just HAVE to eat!!
Oh-Vegas sounds so nice right now. Actually-any weekend trip sounds nice right now!
I still like the purple zebra set ;)
Vegas - LOVE IT! My mom, 2 sisters and I took a girls trip last year and had a blast!
Perhaps a bloggie getaway is in the cards soon? ;)
I have to admit, I was a little concerned that it wasn't sarcasm.
And I think that since I've lived so close to Vegas, all my life, I'm over it. It's fine, but it defeinitely wouldn't be my preferred destination.
Vegas can be big fun. Hope you get to go!
I freakin' love Vegas! I've got my reservations made to celebrate my 28th b-day in November! :)
Hee hee!
Love Vegas too....ecept when I get home and need a vacation to recover from my vacation!
LOL, I thought you were joking about the bedspreads but I wasn't 100% sure so I was afraid to say, "Seriously? these comforters SUCK!" Just in case maybe you liked one or none of them. LOL
Yeah Vegas!
Good luck with that! Is there really money left over to save after a total remodel like that? I know when we first bought our house eating out was pb&j on the back porch. :)
i must say, vegas is an excellent choice! i hear only really cool people live there. ;)
That is a fun place to hang out for sure.
I have never been, but so want to go - It just looks so exciting!
Oh, I so want to go back to Vegas. We got married at the Paris hotel!! And I totally knew you were joking about the bedding, and I think you said as much too! ;-)
I hope you get a Vegas trip this winter. Vegas is such a fun vacation spot. Hubby and I took a trip there when we had been dating only 3 months and everyone in his family thought we secretly eloped :-) I was an amzing trip though!
I've always wanted to go to Vegas. Rumor has it that they sell drinks as big as your head.
AWESOME!!!! You will have a wonderful time. I am jealous.
You will LOVE Vegas!! It's amazing...like one huge amusement park!!!
BTW, love your new look here!
How fun. I have never been to Vegas but I really want to go. In fact we are in the running for free trip for two to Vegas. The race track we run at is giving the tickets away. Cross your fingers, we will find out in Nov.
Have a fabulous day!
love vegas - so fun! i hope you get to go!
i am behind on reading blogs so i must have missed the tacky decorating post but i'm gonna go check it out now!
people born in february ROCK!! :-) mine is the 9th. and then i think there's about 20 of my relatives born in feb too. actually i share my b'day with my bro in law and my great uncle.
anyway.... i've never been to vegas, but i'd LOVE to go because i LOVE that big fountain in front of that one big casino. know that one?! :-)
Okay, I just saw those comforters and I am pretty sure I would have guessed right away that you were totally joking! Because, um. Those are some TACKY comforters! Imagine!
Oh... Vegas... have a blast, honey! But doesn't it SUCK big time that we have to limit our shopping before a trip? I hate that! Too many rules!
you should go in Mid-May like I am! My best friend in MN is getting married...never been and can't wait!
I could not write a comment on your Thursday post. Did I do something wrong. I love your list. Good luck with your lesson plans.
Can you take me to Vegas with you? I mean seriously, if you could take just ONE person, it would be MEEEE, right?
Right?
Would you?
Huh?
Gosh, I need a vacation!
Oh Sara...you make me still laugh about those sets.....I really was trying to be the kindest I could possible be with those choices! I really had to dig deep in my decorating loins and pull out those suggestions.......EEK!
Go for the Vegas Trip! You deserve it :)
I thought you were kidding, but I wanted to be kind just in case :)
Hi Sara!
I haven't posted about it yet, but you won the Twisted Silver Bracelets in my giveaway. Congrats. Shoot me an email with your address, please.
P.S. I've heard the Venetian is THE place to stay.......with incredible rooms.
I so hope that you get to go.
Please stop by my blog. I left you something.
Post a Comment