9.20.2009

Breathe...Sara...Breathe

We are officially at the crappy part of the house remodel where you should be going forward, but instead seem to be going backward. We have 14 gallons of paint ready to go on the walls, which all need to be primed first. But first? You have to empty the rooms. Where? There is not a darn spot in this house that is not already filled to the brim with crap. We had to empty our bedrooms this weekend, and find a spot to put everything. Hmm, should I put the stuff next to all the stuff from the living room? The kitchen? Sunroom?
{What kind of morons live in the house they are remodeling? Oh wait. Us.}
Anyway, we got our office, closet (did I mention my new closet is 7x8'? Rock.) kitchen, bathroom and 1/2 of the living room primed. Then Corey decided that we need to hang the wood ceiling before we put the actual paint color on.
So we wait. And I freak. And I start sentences with conjunctions to prove my point.
My biggest dilemma? I can't decide on a comforter set. I've checked everywhere I can think of for a funky, fun, colorful bed set. Nada. How can I pick a paint color for my room when i can't pick a bed set?
UPDATE: Score! I found these. Now, if you'd help me decide on which one, because I can't choose. The pressure!
A horse or deer theme?
Make myself feel all in touch with nature and stuff? Or will I wake in the night scared I'm being trampled by horses?

Or do I go penguin? Or would this make me feel cold in the winter?




Possibly a coral reef theme?

Would I dream of drowning?

Or? A walk on the wild side?

What do you think? I can't decide. Or do you have a better idea for me?

post signature

P.S. If you gotten this far and actually think I'd buy one of these...I'm joking!
and Okkar Lif...email me!

51 comments:

Kristina P. said...

The penguin one seems, uh, a little much.

Anonymous said...

Home remodel is stressful...but you're in the home stretch!!

I'm a big fan of this type of style: http://www.target.com/DwellStudio-Target-Duvet-Set-Leaves/dp/B000WXYISA/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=404152011&node=404152011&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=DwellStudio%20Target%20Duvet%20Set%20Leaves

Liz Mays said...

You've got a tough decision and since I'm not a decision maker AT ALL, I'm leaving it up to you but I can't wait to see what you pick!

Alicia said...

I am not a decorator either! But I cant wait to see what you pick!

KK said...

Hmm, surely there are some better choices out there on the entire ye ole internet...but if I had to choose from those, I suppose the purple! I do love penguins, but not sure I want to sleep under them. Just sayin' :)

~*Michelle*~ said...

I am already having anxiety getting a new roof and the construction and it's only outside stuff. I cannot imagine living through it all....but YIPPEE on that huge closet!


OK, bed sets...this all depends on the rest of the decor/furniture of the room.

Horses, you need a rustic log looking bed with a wagon wheel ceiling light/fan to pull it off

Ocean reef, gotta have white wicker and lightweight sheers blowing in the wind.

Penguins....you would def. need one of those white faux fur blankets across the end of bed just to give some warmth. brrrrrr

Purple zebra......not feeling it. I just picture Purple Rain and Prince when I see it.

OK, I have always had a knack for decorating (or so the kind people tell me).....I would LOVE to hook you up with some ideas. I just need to know what theme/colors you have going on.

King J's Queen said...

My vote is for the deer set. But, that's only because I was sorta suggesting to my hubby that we buy the set for OUR bedroom. I saw it and the horse one in a catalog just recently and liked them both a lot.

Good luck with the painting. I'm curious to see how it goes, considering I am trying to do the same. I'm not nearly as motivated as you, though.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I feel so bad for you. I complained over my kitchen, and you have a WHOLE house tore up. Then I guess you don't wanna hear that the top cabinets are in, do ya? I'm even cooking and washing dishes and putting them away. Sorry, I won't tell you that. :)
BTW you need a calming comforter. Nothing wild.

Foursons said...

I vote for the purple zebra print. Take a walk on the wild side girl! (And I do NOT envy your home remodel right now. When it's all done and beautiful...yes, but right now- NO.)

Jen said...

I think that you should totally go for the purple zebra. Its fabulous, especially on a vibrating bed. ;)

Unknown said...

GOOBER!

I was reading, thinking she's lost her damn mind!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Those are too funny! (My six-year-old is shouting "Penguins! Penguins!")

What kind of person lives in their house during a remodel? How about what kind of person buys a house that looks like the one in the TV show Green Acres? Ten years and sixty thousand dollars later the place looks like the house in Green Acres with a mowed lawn. I figure in thirty years it might be at least half finished. But, yes, life is insane when you're remodeling! (Which is the excuse I use for my life being crazy since have been and are remodeling for many, many years.)

Ace said...

Just me, but we always do a neutral bed set (right now it's chocolate brown suede-like) and that way we can do the walls whatever color we want.

Mrs. M said...

Oh, definitely the penguins. Makes me think of a nice cool room that I want to sleep in! ;-) Happy Monday!

"Cookie" said...

Penguin Penguin Penguin. So would so be the "cool" one if you had that!.....ok, maybe not! :)

Kelli said...

I hate when sarcasm isn't picked up on in print. I tried to make a joke with a co-worker about a sports thing. I could totally see where he would think I didn't know what he was talking about, but still! Anyway he was all, 'you look foolish.' And I'm all, 'It's twitter. Who cares?'
And I agree, the penguins would make me feel cold.

Trish said...

Whew....I was worried about you there for a sec....

I fill your pain on the remodel. WE built our house our selves and when I say our selves I mean with no contractor! My hubs FIL and Step dad framed the entire house them selves. I painted the entire house and layed the hardwood floors, hung doors and stained stairs....it was a very stressfull 9 months but it really makes you appreciate your home so much more knowing that YOU did it your self!

Good luck on the bedding....and who cares what you pick 90% of the time your in your bedroom your eyes are closed anyway :O)

honeypiehorse said...

I adore the penguins. Only a cheeseburger motif could be cooler. And why not just throw old sheets over everythng like we do?

McKsMom said...

I was so glad that you were kidding. I was beginning to think you had actually lost your mind. I mean a person with your intelligence and style (as evidenced that one of your favorite stores is Target) could not actually want to look at any of those everyday.

but since you were kidding, if you had the horses, with your fear of the axe murderer, you might dream of the Godfather scene, so not a good idea.

Blogging Mama Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Penguins totally make the room, I'm telling you! :)

And where have I been?? Love the new blog look!

erin said...

ok... your post was freakin hillarious, and THEN i read the comments! even more funny!!

Kathy B! said...

Anyone with a blog this cute could not have been serious about the penguins!!

{Kimber} said...

LOL....I think you should buy them all and rotate them out...do a nice neutral wall color so they all will match!!!!!

Love the new blog design...I feel so out of the bloggy loop with no stupid internet!

Annsterw said...

I think whatever you choose has to be the one that makes you say right away "thats the one!" I looked for a loooonng time for our set and when I found it I knew immediately it was the one!!!! Good luck and I am excited to see what you choose!

Anonymous said...

Dang! You were joking about the purple zebra print? I kinda liked that one. ;) (I hope you're sensing my sarcasm, because I'm laying it on pretty thick).

Unknown said...

I have to admit I was really confused, I was thinking to myself, I can't believe Sara is one of those Minnesotan's that think deers look good on everything...she seemed to me to have good taste. Relieved to see you were just kidding!

Meeko Fabulous said...

You crack me up! When I first saw those comforters I started praying for your soul . . . LOL! :)

Helene said...

Thank goodness you said you weren't really gonna buy any of those because I was like, "Uh, how am I gonna put it nicely that all those kinda suck". Although I do like the colors in the coral one.

I can't wait to see pics of the remodel job once it's done! I bet it's gonna look amazing!

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh Sara, I can breathe again. I thought you were seriously gonna buy one of those and I was like "HUH? NOT MY SARA!"

I thought maybe the remodel had made you lose your ever-lovin' mind!!! I was gonna come rescue you!

Anonymous said...

UHHH....what's the 5th choice?

Amy said...

I do not think I could do what you are doing. I do not like messy things. I hope you find something with a lot of color in it. Then it will make the room pop.

Elizabeth D. said...

The penguins crack me up! I just love your blog. :)

Theta Mom said...

What, you didn't like the penguins? You could do like a whole Madagascar theme! LOL

Barbaloot said...

You're sure you don't want any of those comforter sets? The wild horses one could have endless paint possibilities...

Kameron said...

Sorry, i zoned out after I saw the word painting!! I hate painting! I really hope you are done soon and your house can go back to normal. Oh, and I prefer the penguins. Just sayin.

~*Michelle*~ said...

I am sighing a "sigh of relief".....I came back to make sure you weren't offended by my Purple Rain comment (I originally wanted to use "pimp" in my description but wanted to keep this G rated)

anyway.....I must have missed your PS at the end of your post the first time.

*phew*

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

How can you go wrong with lavender tiger stripes?

2Corinth1:4mom said...

Wild, galloping horses are all the rage. Go with that one!

Michelle said...

I knew you were kidding but seriously try Target. I found my sheets and comforter there and love them. They weren't cheap though but it is worth the investment.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You know, I'm liking the deer. Didn't you post a picture of a deer wine holder in the past? I suppose you could get that to add to the awesomeness of your deer room.

More Than Words said...

Okay..you started to scare me when I saw the horse & penguin set!!! LOL!

rychelle said...

are you sure you were kidding about the penguins? ;)

Furry Bottoms said...

We started a paint project in the house. Two years ago. Still not finished!!

Anonymous said...

Those are funny. For a minute, I thought you might be serious....just for a minute. My vote is for the penguins though. They're just so cute!

Good luck. That's why I'm sticking with white.
-FringeGirl

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'm actually digging the penguins.

The animal print makes me think of strippers for some reason. I've never been a fan of animal print.

Jennifer said...

BWAHAHAHAAAA! You totally got me! I was about to write, this girl's husband must be the perfect man to let her choose a horse theme for their bed set! LOL!!! Good one! Gooooood one!

Jennifer said...

BWAHAHAHAAAA! You totally got me! I was about to write, this girl's husband must be the perfect man to let her choose a horse theme for their bed set! LOL!!! Good one! Gooooood one!

Jessica said...

OMG!! You are hilarious. I actually thought you were serious for a millisecond. I'd have to say no, no no, oh wait look at the purple zebra. Oh girl the dreams you'd have in that getup. Now I'm scared.

Good luck with the rest of the remodel... it'll be worth the wait :)

Anonymous said...

I have lived through TWO home remodels. I hope never again. Good luck darling! And the horses look gorgeous ;)

Claremont First Ward said...

I personally like the penguins. A lot. I mean, it can remind you of Antartica or whereever they live, and doesn't that just conjure imagines of happy little birds? Wait. You're not serious? Well. I am. Kidding.