(hey, the meatballs were warm!)
If you follow me on twitter, you would not have noticed that I did not in fact, have to make 6 trips to Lowe's- in one day.
I was not completely embarrassed on the last trip when the store employee greeted me outside the door with, "You are not back again are you? Don't you make a list?!" She did not proceed to follow me through the store and wait while I picked up out more light thingies, and ask me over and over "Are you sure you have everything now? I'd hate to see you a 7th time!" At which point another employee rolled up and said, "Can I help you find something?"
Luckily, she responded for me, "Oh, she knows the store better than us! She's been here 6 times today!"
His response? "I thought so! Every time I look around, she is here again!"
Um, hello? I just spent enough to pay you both for a week...
Said trips to stores over the weekend did not also involve
-2 trips to Cub
-3 trips to Target
-2 trips to Menard's
-1 loss of sanity
Finally, my hubby? Came home Saturday and told me he had a surprise for me! I did not get all excited...until he showed me my gift. It was not a new griddle. (psst..I need a crock pot too dear)


45 comments:
LOL! I love how husbands think a new appliance is a good surprise for us. I wonder what thought process gets them to that decision. Oh, wait. There isn't one.
I don't think I could have gone to Lowes 6x in a day. I would have driven out of my way to spread the shopping love because I'd be so embarrassed. You're a better woman than I.
You crack me up girl!!!!
Hope the little one feels better soon!!!!!
Sounds like quite the weekend! I can't believe those employees were so lame---you go there enough they should treat you like royalty!
You sound like me and Wal-mart. They all know me there and say hi. I even know one of the cashiers. It is pretty funny..I hope you get your crock pot.
I would fortynately (or unfortunately) probably not be able to recreate that in my house. As each trip out would have resulted in me having to drive home as soon as I pull out of our development to make sure that I turned off or on something and or check something - I am horribly OCD!! Sent my darlin' back to the house this AM to make sure I unplugged my hair straightener - really really sad.
Too funny!
I am all over a new appliance! WOOT! I have been eyeing this cranberry red crock pot at Tar-Jay for the past two weeks....I keep dropping not so subtle hints to Josh that I would love it.....so far the post it note in his car have not worked.
Hilarious post.....and where are the photos of the painting project, woman!?!?!
Thanks for the laughs - I love this blog!!!
Why did these 6 trips happen?
You are so funny! Love Target, btw. That I could do six times in a day!
LOL too funny!
Way to keep going. I'd have so given up after two or three trips.
I think my Home Depot record was 5 in one day when we were painting and redoing some stuff in my house. I make a list. My hubby does not. Ugh!
When we remodeled our house, our record was 12... yep 12. It involved plumbing and cabinets. I don't think I need to say any more. Lucky for us it's right around the corner.
I can't wait for the pictures!!!
What is with those people at Lowe's? What do they care how many times you are there? Hope the remodel is going well.
yes! victorious! you told us the story :)
i would have been seriously embarrassed if that lady had done that to me! i mean geez... she should really be glad you are there so often spending money!
maybe you'll get a crock pot for your birthday... haha lets hope not!
HAHAHA!!! I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I guess that's a sign that the remodel needs to step it up a notch and get done quicker. I think we've all done something like that.
ooh you're making me nervous about the crock pot...mine is on at home and no one is there and a little bit of me is nervous because I have never done that before but I made sure there wasn't anything around it so hopefully my house is in one piece!
I did enjoy your Lowes adventures...what is up with the employees!!! They are not funny!
LOL Oh I think we have all had days like this. For meit is usually the grocery store! List of no list I always forget something:)
Hope you get the new crockpot too!
Whenever I have a home improvement project going on, I think I should just put a pipeline in between my house and Lowe's.
The checkers there know me by name.
I am trying really really hard not to laugh at your misfortune. I have never done such things........LOL. And I have never had to run to Lowe's on multiple trips, nope, not me, ever!
I sincerely hope that your day is better!
I hate to Home Depot. I feel like an idiot. Put me in a clothing store any day. :)
LOL! I've been to Lowe's a few times before in one day and they all say those exact lines! weird, they must have a script or something when they start working there to follow:) So sweet of your hubs to get you a new griddle!
Funny!
I would be happy with a new appliance. It's better than the New Nothing that I've received for the last 15 years.
You really need to post Not Me! Monday's more often, so funny. You do things that I do every single day, except you probably make it look adorable while doing it! I have left the house with the crock pot on, but I check it no less than 100 times before I leave or go to bed, and that sometimes doesn't even save disasters. Bonus that you got a new griddle out of it! I hope you house is coming along, would love to see pics!
Oh my goodness!!! Seriously hilarious story! The Home Depot lady should have been glad to see you. Job security, anyone? And the crock pot... wow, I needed a good laugh today and I guess I got it here! :)
Thanks for sharing with us!
And I thought I was tired out this weekend! Man, that is a lot of car trips! Hope you get that new crock pot soon!!
My husband would LOVE to go to Lowes that often.
So funny! Sorry I'm laughing at your exhausting weekend. You probably wanted to kill the Lowe's people by the 6th time in. The crock pot story was great. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does those things. I totally feel your pain with the limited counter space. My kitchen is under construction too and it stinks.
-FringeGirl
I hate forgetting stuff from the store. It is enough to make me crazy!
oh sara, i love you. really, thanks for giving me a laugh today! the lowe's employees, i probably would've smacked them upside the head. i'm pmsy this week!
and the crock pot story=hillarious!! LOVE it!
now that's ONE way to get a new appliance.
CRAZY!!!!
I gotta know...what kind of car do you have?! you are burning up the roads girl!!!
Keep your eye on the prize...you'll be done soon and can put your hideous, er I mean lovely new comforter on soon :)
Love the crock pot and and griddle stories. My mouth just dropped when I read you turned on the wrong appliance. Glad it didn't burn down the newly remodeled house. Have a great Monday!
Cracking up at the Lowe's story! We just bought a house so there are a few folks at Home depot that know us by name. :D
Thanks for the comment on my blog! Still freaking out about your mouse story! EW! Hope you caught it!!
I did not see those Lowe's trip tweets. At all. ;)
Bahahahahaha! The crockpot thing is hilarious.
The Lowe's employees need to find something better to do to earn their paycheck then to follow you around. Geesh.
And I think your husband wants pancakes for breakfast.
OMG, the crockpot meets griddle incident had to be so messy to clean up!
So...did you get everything you need? I think another trip back to Lowe's may be in order. ;)
Is this what happens when you don't use the microwave? Stick to what you know, sister!! :)
You have my sympathy. When we do a project we end up at the Depot far more times than I want to admit too.
Oh, my friend. I totally feel your pain. When we remodeled our kitchen, I thought I was seriously going to lose my mind. It wasn't pretty. It was good those Lowes employees were dealing with you and not me. It would not have been pretty. :)
-Francesca
I'm sorry I know the griddle thing is NOT funny so I am NOT laughing. I do NOT promise :)
tell the people at Lowes to not be so nosy, Jeez....stalkers!Oh and the griddle that's so romantic hu? But he wanted to surprise you so it's all good, I would give him an E for effort!:)
Oh my! I'm loving the crock-pot/griddle story. Sounds like something I'd do! Oh yes, it really does. =0)
Glad you didn't catch your HOUSE ON FIRE!
I think I MIGHT have just slapped said Lowe's lady. That's rude. you should have looked at her and said "Don't YOU have kids? Oh? No? then you have absolutely no right to even speak to me."
!!!! grrrrrrr.
Post a Comment