10.21.2009

PASSION


...Can you tell mine? Just seeing these is making me itch to go for a run. 2 years worth of shoes that have taken me through 2 marathons, 1 25k, 2 half marathons, 2 five mile races, and a few 5k's- in addition to over 1800 miles of running, sweating, training and pain. Why? It is my passion.

post signature

39 comments:

Alicia said...

That is awesome! You inspire me to go run!

"Cookie" said...

That's awesome! But did you have to hold your nose as you were taking the picture....... you know, the smell from all those shoes and ALL THOSE MILES!!!

Nicole said...

WOW very cool! thats so inspiring to see all of your sneakers and know how much you've ran in them! And a 25 k!!! i would've cut through the bushes for that one lol:) I was thinking about the eliptical today but maybe I'll go for that run!

Kristina P. said...

Shoes are my passion too! Mine are slightly less athletic.

Annsterw said...

Awesome!!! I am just starting to love to run...before this I did it for fitness and I think I actually like it now!

The Stiffs said...

You almost make me want to get off my butt and walk away from the computer....almost.

Trish said...

Do a few laps for me since you will already be out there running anyway...mmmkay

Thanks bunches!

Helene said...

I think my husband has as many running shoes as you. Except the thing is he doesn't run!

Barbaloot said...

You're officially insane.

Meeko Fabulous said...

So if I were looking into jogging/running as a way to start getting myself in shape . . . Do you have any pointers you could share? I've been considering it the last week or so . . . Thanks! :)

Jen said...

that is pretty cool!

{Kimber} said...

I'm only running if I'm being chased by an axe murderer {sorry to bring that up}

Jen said...

Good for you! I've never done that with mine but let's just say my husband always asks me what is wrong with the (many) pairs of running shoes I already have that don't appear worn out. They are! Really! Over 500 miles! Of course I've been on a bit of a hiatus lately so it isn't as obvious but I'm really get back into it.

honeypiehorse said...

Ooh, I have some of those. But I really don't do anything athletic in them.

Mama4Real said...

I would guess running and the color teal go hand in hand ;)?

Tracie said...

I have that many pairs of Birks. I don't know what that means....,

Holly said...

You make me want to go out and run!

Almost.

Furry Bottoms said...

That is like $600 dollars worth of shoes right there!!!! Ah-ha!

Furry Bottoms said...

I know that made no sense, just go with the flow :)

Foursons said...

Love that they all basically look the same!

Elizabeth said...

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd you still have them all?

Kimi said...

Love it! And hello Asics. We are so shoe twins.

Brooke said...

I love to run, but I wish I had the passion component that you have!

Cass said...

Love it! Keep that pile as a reminder of what you have accomplished. You are an inspiration. You posted a comment on my blog way back when telling me that I could easily run a 5K...and I did this past weekend! Thanks for your positive influence whether you realize it or not!

Keep running ~ I can hardly wait to do another 5K and I have a marathon on my '40' bucket list too!

~*Michelle*~ said...

You go girl....you spazzy running woman!

Amy said...

What a great passion to have. Love the shoes...

Mrs. M said...

Great picture - can't believe you kept all those shoes!! :)

Anonymous said...

you ROCK!!!!!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Am I the only one who thinks this is a stinky picture? I mean six pairs of shoes....stinky!! :)

Roxy said...

what a great PICTURE...TO THINK YOU SAVED ALL THOS SHOES!!
awsome job!!
Passionate living is the ONLY way to LIVE this life!!
Keep running

Miller Racing Family said...

Wonderful post. Let's just say your passion is helping your heart and will help you live a longer life.
Have a fabulous day!

MaricrisG said...

Wow! I'm shamed. I only have one sneaker lol.

Heather said...

I just bought some new running shoes a month ago but I've only used them once. Bad, bad me.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You go, girl!

KK said...

You are inspiring. That is a pile of shoes to be proud of!

Liz Mays said...

It must make you feel rejuvenated to get out there!

dawnmramsey said...

inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Love this photo. It should be framed. :)

Mocha Momma said...

What a tribute to what you are and love to do. I admire you.

Thanks for visitng my blog. It's been a long time I know.

I do take pictures of poo. I know it's crazy, but I find cow pies to be funny.

I'm still posting my Saturday trip pictures. I'll finish tomorrow I hope.

Have a very nice weekend.

Nannette