1.10.2010

Honestly

So, Core and I were being all domestic this morning, putting away laundry and chatting.
Suddenly...out of nowhere... Corey says, "Woman you are neurotic."
Hello? What? Me?
I'm all like, "Umm, ME? What, may I ask, is neurotic about me?" (to a man who irons his jeans I might add)
Corey: "Um, what is not neurotic about you my sweet, lovable wife?
"Everything. Everything is not neurotic about me."
"Okay, you're right. You are not neurotic. End of conversation"
I am feeling a bit incensed by now. I mean, what gives? I am a bit of a spaz sometimes, but never neurotic. "Wait, wait just a minute. What do you mean by that now? This is not the end of the conversation. Give me one thing, one thing, that I am neurotic about."
(Might I also add that he is calmly folding his pants, taking 5.23 minutes on each pair to make sure there are no wrinkles in them before they are hung, while we are conversing.)
"Um, nothing my dear. You are the most non neurotic person ever."
"Well, I know that. I am lovable. Sweet."
"Yes, my love, yes you are."
"Good. But this conversation is not done. I am NOT neurotic."

Men.
post signature

41 comments:

Kaci said...

You're so freakin cute. And what the heck Corey...they're just pants...no one looks at pants. Just sayin.

Kristina P. said...

Loveable. Exactly!

Juliana said...

Glad you got the last word...and he needs to just say YES DEAR like my hubby!

King J's Queen said...

He folds his hanging pants? He irons his jeans?

Yep, I can tell who really is the neurotic one in the house. LOL!!

King J's Queen said...

He folds his hanging pants? He irons his jeans?

Yep, I can tell who really is the neurotic one in the house. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't sound like your the neurotic one...haha!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

WHAT IN THE WORLD?! I would be going nuts the rest of the day trying to get to the bottom of whatever he was insinuating. And it sounds like he is the neurotic one. But by the way, I iron my jeans too!!

Pres. Kathy said...

Like they say, "you can't live with them or without them."

Anonymous said...

oh no he didn't!so are you gonna find out what he meant by that?LOL!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

HAHA!!! Neurotic, huh? Ironing and hanging up his jeans. Callin' the kettle black? What a way to start the week. :)

Betty Manousos said...

I 'm with Jen@Scrapingirl!
Stay warm!
hugs

Anonymous said...

This from a guy who is ironing his jeans?

But, then, ironing jeans beats leaving them on the floor, wadded up, and giving them the "sniff" test before putting them on. I'll take that kind of neurotic any day! :-)

Staci said...

What's with guys? They'll take 5.23 minutes to perfectly fold a pair of pants but they can't take a few seconds to make sure they are "aiming" into the toilet bowl when they use the bathroom?? I'll never understand it!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

haha you are hilarious! my husband is so anal about folding his pants too... however, he does not iron them. he, um, doesn't even know how to use the iron. haha

Anonymous said...

I don't know what neurotic means, but a man that irons jeans and takes that long to fold pants...well, there has to be a word for that, which I don't know either.

Just be happy,
Greg

Margaret said...

LOL gotta love me that iron their jeans. That is so weird to me.

Foursons said...

What prompted that? He can't make a statement like that and then not say why! He MUST finish this conversation! OK, maybe I'm a little neurotic.

Liz Mays said...

Maybe he realized his pants neuroses and knew he had no room to talk. :)

Amy said...

sounds like something that went on in the store today with my husband and I. He said I was losing my mind? Just because I did not know what I wanted to pick out. Oh well. Happy Sunday..

Miller Racing Family said...

Bless your husband's heart. He doesn't know what he has got himself into. I might also add an ahem to the craziness of ironing his blue jeans.
Maybe I am neurotic as well because you seem pretty normal to me, lol.
Have a fabulous day!

Jen said...

LOL! Men!

peewee said...

noooooo. no way! EVERYONE hides peanut butter under their pillows....and in their shoe boxes....and their glove boxes...and in their purse.

Anonymous said...

MEN

You said it all ;)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

LOL, sounds like my husband. ;)

Alicia said...

I would have followed him around like a puppy to finish that conversation lol!

Trish said...

ironing jeans...are you serious??? What a hoot!

My hubs is lucky to remember to put jeans on!!!!

Unknown said...

irons his jeans?

ha -- i don't even iron mine!!

that's hilarious....thanks for a good laugh on a monday morning :o)

{Kimber} said...

I didn't realize men knew what an iron was...much less know how to use it!!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Lovable for sure. A man who irons jeans should not throw stones either.

Nicole said...

lol. I think I've had a conversation like that before a few times with my hubs!! It just exclaims the idea that men are from mars and women from venus:)

Mandi said...

I found this magnet one time that summed up my marriage in one short line....

I never knew when I married "Mr Right"... that his first name was "Always"...

Mandi

Barbaloot said...

I don't think anyone that refrains from screwing lids on all the way can be classified as neurotic:)

Meeko Fabulous said...

The nerve! Argh. All I know is I got a lesson in the correct way to fold an undershirt . . .

Anonymous said...

lol.

My husband will always say something about me and when I complain, he'll immediately say, "Oh, ya, you're not ----."

Drives. Me. NUTS.

I'm sure you're not neurotic.
-FringeGirl

Kameron said...

I keep looking for an update to see if he ever told you why he thought you're neurotic!! Ha!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Oh men. Love it when the stop fighting when you wanna keep going. Ah ha ha

KK said...

Men, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em...wait yes I can! I'm sure you are sweet and not at all neurotic!

Helene said...

He didn't!!!! He called you neurotic as he folded his jeans super carefully!!!

And you know that when a man doesn't want to further discuss something after making an accusation like that, he realizes that he's wrong but he just won't admit it.

Simply Complex said...

Did you ever figure out what that was all about? Men can be so strange.

Tracie said...

Neither one of us irons. I know that's pretty bad.

Frugal Vicki said...

Really? He can not possibly be so dense as to fold his pants like that and call his wife neurotic at the same time. Not only that, but weren't hangers in the near area? I would have accidentally thrown one.