I know that it gets COLD here. (Um, duh.)
I do feel that each year, my body gets a bit less used to the cold rather than more used to it.
Even though we are in a relative Minnesotan winter heat wave this week, last week? We were not. I believe I even tweeted a few times about my dislike for the way, way below zero temps.
So, I complained about the temps.
and I waited
and waited
and waited.
My inbox remained empty.
Completely EMPTY.
What?
Hello? Ashley? Um? I am waiting patiently for my invite to Cali to visit. We could look over wedding pics and make cute cards together.
MEEKO! Seriously? I KNOW HOW TO RUN A LAMINATOR! Why haven't I been invited down to help you run that office and rub your wooden toe? Then, we can bask in the warm weather and go to Disneyland. (no reptile shows please)
Erica? Haven't I expressed my interest in coming to WARM Texas? We can take pics, eat BBQ and giggle over silly stories.
I've heard such wonderful things about Louisiana, yet? Never, ever been there. Never eaten grits or been to New Orleans. How sad, right {KIMBER}?
Right now? I'd even take Tennessee, as it is warmer there then it is here. I'll put on sideburns and act like Elvis. I think I do a mean hip shake.
So now?
I am going back to my inbox
and waiting
waiting.

52 comments:
Oh my gosh girl, you crack me up. First off- thanks for the shout out! Secondly, if you hop on a plane to San Antonio or Austin and let me know when you land I'll pick you up. My house will be a horrendous mess, there will be no groceries in the kitchen, and my boys are both loud and smelly. But you can enjoy the "warmth" all you want!
Come on down to Tampa. It finally warmed up today! I feel so sorry for my Duluth relatives...but they don't seem to mind the weather. FREAKS!
You are more than welcome to come to warm, sunny, Northern Utah!
Good luck with that...maybe I need to start begging for invites, too. It's fricking cold here.
Oh too true! I would go about anywhere South of here. If it makes you feel any better, it has been unusually cold here too. I'm reminded of why I left Iowa in the first place. You're more than welcome to come down here. I think it is supposed to be 40 tomorrow. 40! I think I'll wear shorts.
Having lived in Iceland for 3+ years, I know your pain. I am freezing here but I'm told daily that it's a fluke. Come visit anytime!
Too funny!
We had a school delay the other morning here on the beach in NC for the "cold." It was up to 50 by lunchtime.
Sara
Please accept this as your formal invitation to come visit me here in The Bayou...today we have lovely warm{ish} temps of 59 degrees. Upon your arrival we will drive to Sin City and enjoy some tasty beignets and walk around Jackson Square...go have a hurricane at Pat O'Briens!! It will be fab and I'm sure you won't even need a coat, or gloves, or mittens.
My apologizes because I really assummed you would be in with my box of DVD's because that is WHAT YOU HAD SAID...the box however was rather smallish. I did look for you inside...you were not there...so please...come on down to The Bayou!!
I will be here waiting...Fat Face and all :)
Oh so, now "the other Julie" is your favorite too huh? Hmmf. What am I? Chopped Texas liver? BTW. It's COLD here right now. Not MN cold, but, COLD still.
Oh hell no...if you're going you're taking me with you!!! LOL!
I know people in CALI!! :)
Dear Sara,
You are hereby officially and most cordially invited to visit me in Southern California. :) We can go to Disneyland and you can put my ass in gear with this running.
Cheers!
~Meeko~ :)
Haha - hope you get what you are waiting for. Do you like rain?? We've got lots of that here!!
Trust me when I say you don't want to come to Utah. It's freezing here, too:)
Darlin', I totally would invite you to Virginia, but it's freakin' cold here, too! :)
(But you can still come if you want. I'll still make you poutine. That'll warm ya right up.)
If your going to visit meeko I'm coming with! I'm sick of the cold too!
I would say you could visit us in Birmingham, AL, but it's been in the single digits the last few days around here. I'm definitely not made for this kind of cold!
we are going to hit the 30's soon..
Well, I'd invite you here but Nashville is NOT supposed to be in the teens. I'll formally invite you in May when we're already roasting in the 90's!
I would invite you to Missouri, but we were in the negative digits last week but I feel a heat wave this week as I think we might get up to 40. When you find the warmer temps. let me know.
Have a fabulous day!
Feel free to come to NJ and visit...but it's not warm here either :(
Love this post. I want to go somewhere warm too.
okay little missy you know you can come here to visit anytime you want...but it has been really cold here that past 2 weeks but we are suppose to be back up in the 60's by Friday...you have any plans for the weekend???? Just give me a few hours notice so I can put clean sheets on the bed for ya.
....thanks for the shout out girlie!!!!
you know it would be really cool to get several girls together for a long weekend this summer....I would so be willing to offer my place for everyone to stay(BYOB) of course! :O)
You could come visit me in Baltimore but it hasn't been that warm here either! I am ready for spring.
I'll take you up on going to a warmer climate.
Well it's not freezing here... the temps this week have been in the 40's! No heat wave, but you know you always have an open invitation anytime you want to make the trip to Canada!
Come on down to San Antonio. We think its freakishly cold here in the 50s but that might seem warm to you!
I don't know how you deal with it! It was -6 for the overnight low the other night, and I thought I was going to turn into an ice cube! Or that my house was going to fall apart with all the creaking and settling. We get near 0, but rarely dip below zero. Not for me!
THey don't call it Minnesnowta for nothing.
How about an invite to make snow cones with me in Connecticut?
Just show up and knock on the door!
I remember the first time I visited MN in the dead winter. I was amazed at how my snot froze instantly in my nose. teehee
Sara,hope you 're staying warm!
Have a nice day!
hugs
first off i'd take michelle's invite to CT. she rocks. and CT was pretty cool too!!
if you want you can hop on over to wisconsin. but wisconsin is pretty much minnesota but wisconsin. :0) i'm waiting for warm weather.
I hate to point this out, but Arkansas, while usually sweltering, has been cold. Really cold. We got down to 8! EIGHT! I'm sorry, that's not a temperature, it's a time!
You're more than welcome to come down. It's warmed up a bit, we're hovering around 30 right now.
you can venture to INDIANA...not too much warmer...but we could RUN together, then have lunch, SHOP, and catch a movie....sounds good to me!
WARM THOUGHTS
What a great post. It is freaking freezing here in Pennsylvania too! I can't take it! : ( I guess that I have to for a few more months though...
Sara you are more than welcome to come visit me in Tennessee. However we just had 10 days of below freezing weather. The last time we had a stretch of below freezing weather that lasted this long was in the 1800's. We are having a veritable heat wave today as it is going to get up to 42. Just remember that I too am domestically challenged. We can get take out or I can have my mom send up provisions.
LOL, it is freezing here too and ridiculously cold! this morning I walked lealu and had on 2 layers of pants, 2 layers of socks, three shirts, a jacket a scarf, 2 hats and 2 pairs of gloves. brrrrrrrrr!!!
You are so funny! Hope you here the bing of your inbox soon!
Florida is lovely this time of year (actually a bit cold for me, but probably lovely for you)--come on down! You can cheer on the Gators with us. :) OH and the weather is lovely to run in this time of year.
I totally feel for you! I used to live in MN and I remember some of the first breaths outside when your nose hair freezes. How crazy! I am glad that I live in a warmer, but still cold MO and I can't wait for spring to come. This winder is so much more severe than the last couple of years. It will be good when it is over.
heck Hawaii sounds great to me right now, my friend as a matter of fact is going out there because her kids have two days off of school, must be nice hu?
oh how i love you {is that creepy? whatever.} this is your invite right here! i would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to come to cali and hang out with me! i will brag about my awesome wedding and raise your eager about your adorable boys! and yes, of course we will make cute things!
so pack your bags and get the heck to cali!! i mean, i totally had a seat saved at the wedding for you AND a vegetarian meal, and you totally stood me up! so don't let it happen again! I am counting on you coming to cali to hang out, like soon! :)
LOL. You can come see me anytime you'd like. But it's cold here in KY, too.
LOL. You can come see me anytime you'd like. But it's cold here in KY, too.
Wanna meet me somewhere tropical?!!
You are more than welcome to come visit me here in Northern Cali but I have a feeling you'd probably prefer the cold weather of MN compared to the complete chaos in my house!
You are so funny. It is susposed to be 55 in Tennessee.... come on down!! LOL
Love you blog. Just gave you a blog award on my site because i just found you and so glad I did. You are too funny girl!
Hopefully one of these works out for you! I know how badly it is needed right now!
I have to admit...I am pulling for the Tennessee one. Can't wait to see your post with you in sideburns :)
I can't help you seeing as I momentarily forgot it was winter (since I don't leave the dang house these days) and caught a glimpse of the snow still on the ground and whimpered a little bit. I am a true Californian at heart and will NEVER get used to winter!
That is hilarious. I don't even *know* you and yet I'm ready to invite you to NC. It's not exactly warm, but today I was outside w. my daughter and it wasn't freezing, so come on Down!
Well, I could invite you to Colorado but it isn't exactly pooping warmth here either, and if you come remember I have two under three so you would be sleeping on a Mickey Mouse bed in the coldest room of the house. sorry!
Post a Comment