You think the time we passed my dad stopped me? Never. Only wimps (or people who have no desire to spend half the year in ISS) go down that easily.
One would also think that the school system would have figured out that if you place a study hall immediately after a lunch period some students will think that you meant this to be a long lunch period.
K and I were such students.
We had ourselves a nice, long lunch everyday. In fact, up until we were finally caught (6 weeks into the quarter) our study hall monitor didn't even know we were supposed to be in study hall. (kids- the key is to NOT show up from the beginning)
One day, we brilliantly decided to go to lunch at Taco John's. It was awfully convenient that K worked there, so we could get good 'discounts' on food.
We hung out, we ordered, and we waited for our food.
Then I hear it again...
"Sara? Is that your dad?"
Guess who was walking in Taco John's?
*Don't even asked if it stopped me. I hadn't even met Kate yet. She took skipping to a new level of awesomeness.

36 comments:
I was way too much of a chicken to actually skip. The most I could muster was smuggling cookies into the library for study hall. And breaking the library's "four to a table" rule. And the evenly spaced rule. (Not even kidding--all four people had to be evenly spaced around the table.)
Color me impressed!
Hahaha- I had 2nd period "off." :D
Ha ha!!!
How fun. We actually got to go off campus for lunch eat day as well. Lets just say some days we forgot to find our way back. Maybe that is why they never let the kids off campus these days.
Thanks for the laugh!
oh this sounds all way too familiar to my high school days!! ahhh!!
oh this sounds all way too familiar to my high school days!! ahhh!!
I skipped all the time. My mom finally caught on to what I was doing. She would drop me off in front of the school and then she would drive around to the back and wait for me to walk out those doors.
One day at lunch at Taco Bueno in high school, my Dad happened to go to the same restaurant. BUt instead of walking in, he moved my car to the other side of the building without telling me. Scared me to death!!
LOL!!!! Out of all the places to eat, right?
"Discounts" at the fast food place I know about that, my friend worked in fast food, and our dollars went a really long way when we were 16!
One more reason I'll have a bad seat in hell...
Secretia
..and I always thought lunch + study hall meant that you have off the rest of the day..!I never got caught by my parents...but always from a principal or teacher or someone from school....Ahh the good ole days...Now I have to catch my own kids..well one of them warns me that shes cutting..I think shes trying to use some kind of reverse psychology or somthing...Have a great Day..!
What is with your dad and his ability to do that????
girl you were crazy!
And setting such a positive example for your boys....
now that Kyle has reached his teen years I am dreading what I am getting ready to be paid back for....YIKES!
You must have lived in a VERY small town. Was Andy Griffith your sheriff?
A friend and I cut school by being "teacher's assistants" to the gym teacher during study hall. We never did anything for her just hung out so we could sneak out and no one ever knew.
at least you know all the sneakiness for when your boys get this age!! :)
This is hilarious. It sounds like something that would happen to me! The one time I skipped school, I got in trouble. I was too afraid to do it after that!
You are correct, madam. My skipping proficiency was semi-legendary. Thanks for the "write your own note once you're 18" policy, SFHS!
Skipping & going shopping = Laying a foundation for your mad shopping skillz as an adult.
hahaha!!!! how funny!
BTW, I gave you a blogger award on my latest post! :) Check it out when you get a chance!
Nowadays even 18 yos with cars aren't allowed to leave the school during lunch.
But every take out restaurant in twenty miles delivers.
Oh yeah, I was a chronic skipper, too. My history teacher didn't even know who I was.
You had bad luck.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! NIIIICE!
Duuuuuude, Taco Johns. The hubs was SO excited to take me there me there the first time I went to MN. It was grosssssss. Don't hit me. Ah ha ha
I could never skip school or get away with anything...my dad was a police officer in the same town and everyone knew who I was.
awesome. and you score brownie points for choosing taco john's!
Lol. You have to worst luck when it comes to getting caught not in school lol.
I wanna know what your dad did to punish you.
you know that's funny, the same thing happened to me except that I was driving, got my very first traffic ticket, on my way to school, and my mom was passing by. Good timing ha? She pulled over too, and I was scolded by a police officer and my mom. I passed a car in a school zone BTW and my friends were not wearing seatbelts.
My BFF and I had a TA period (Teachers' aid) first thing in the morning our senior year, we made it to our TA period maybe once or twice that year, ah, good times!!!
I guess you pretty much died right there on the spot.
Too funny.....I bet if we were hanging out together as teens, there would be a need for "bail money" for some twisted reason........hmmmmm, maybe not. Between the two of us, I can see us getting away with stuff now that I think about it.
LOL! Been there. Done that.
Note to self: do not let my teens read this blog.
Post a Comment