
she sits on a park bench
alone
reflecting, breathing-
the first, fresh breaths of spring.

the darkness will come for her again,
knock her down
try and take her out
it will grasp at her with
angry claws
threatening it all…

but it
will not
can not
take her down

for she has love in her…
a deep love for life.
and darkness cannot hide behind the light of love.

39 comments:
This is precisely what I needed to read today. Thank you for posting.
Hey honey. Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you. And keeping you in my prayers. Just know that even thought I am 2348434823 miles away...I will still stand behind you and help hold you up. :-) You are super super strong!
This was lovely, Sara.
Gorgeous thought. You are a strong woman!
What a beautiful post. I'm truly in awe of you.
Inspiring words. And those pictures are amazing as well.
I have been feeling this way lately---knocked down but staggering to drag myself up. Trying to beat it, this thing. Trying to prove that I am stronger than IT.
Inspiring.
Lovely, inspirational post!
Girlie, you're making me nervous. I hope all is well in the Domestic Household. Keep on keepin' on.
What's going on, girly? I hope everthing is ok. This was a very inspiring post and I can totally relate to it. (Especially this week.)
Sending you lots of positive thoughts and virtual hugs.
xoxo
That was beautiful but, like the previous commenter, I wonder what's going on...Hope all is okay.
Or hope it is just one mood of many and has passed by the time you read this.
What a great post! Did you take those pictures too?
That was beautiful
Fabulous post!
Sara that was beautiful! I just really don't have words to express it.
Hope everything is well with you. Keeping in my thoughts.
Very moving post.
XOXO you are strong
Sara, I'm thinking about you. I know you can do it. Keep it up!
Sounds like things are going good?
Beautiful!!!! thanks for this!!!! :)
did you write that? wow!
That is just amazing.. You could so link this up to the Round Robin if you would like.. I hope you have a great weekend.
Oh my gosh... those pictures... A: Are they YOU?
B: did you take them?
Hugs, Kat
hi there william over from amy and the petersons family friday:) lovely post, beautiful pictures :)
That is Beautiful....Inspiring and Moving...the pictures as well..!
This is awesome! I Love your pictures.
*Round Robin*
Hi there :) That was beautifully written, and the pictures were perfect for every word.
Would running help make you feel better?
Well I see I'm not the only one out of the loop but hope you are doing ok. I'm guessing this all has to do with the 'change' you talked about earlier. BTW, you should come on down to NC. Beautiful pictures and words!
Beautiful!
If you get a chance stop by my blog for a chance to win a Real Simple Cookbook!
love can battle all things
all things...
this is a wonderful post
just like you wonderful....
what a great idea that you linked up..
Thanks.
This was a beautiful post, I know that darkness well.
What a great poem and the photos are fabulous. Have a great weekend!
Beautiful pictures and post!
Thanks for the nice comment on my post today! Take care!
Hugs,
Coreen
Are we in parallel universes lady?
Those are pretty words, Sara, they are inspiring to me, and I love park benches like in your photos, outdoors is for me!
Secretia
You are a light. When one is in a completely DARK room, if you light one tiny candle, there is no more darkness. Darkness is so easy to expel - LIGHT. This was an amazing posting - I liked it & will save it to view again and again. I like how you took darkness and wrestled it down with a few simple well placed words. WOW.
Loved this one!
Amazing words, Sara and great photos as well.
And thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog.
Hope you're having a lovely week-end!
Betty xx
Gorgeous thought. You are a strong woman!
Work From Home
Post a Comment