
Hosted by Chief, done by many. Here's MY first attempt:
To my dear hubby, to whom I asked, "Can we buy a Skee Ball game for the downstairs?"
I meant: "Buy.It.Now. I have a uncontrollable urge to play skee ball and I ain't going to Chucke Cheese to do it. Can't take that place, so get ordering."
Again, to my hard working hubby, who told me about his nice raise at work I said: "Wow, honey, I am so proud of you for working so hard and supporting us so well. Congrats on your raise!"
In my head? "YES!!! Remember last time you got a big raise? and you bought a $5,000 ROAD BIKE that doesn't even have a MOTOR? I have me a little list...."
I feel better now!

45 comments:
how you are a teacher I'll never know!! I couldn't do it!
I feel better too.
Definitely submit your list to your husband and say, "Share and share alike". If he got himself an expensive new bike, you deserve your Skee table!
CEC was created by the devil himself. I swear, I think hell would be more fun than that place!
If my recess were threatened I promise I would've been quiet!
So it's ALL kids who hover when adults are on the phone and they don't grow out of it... Wow... *sigh* ;-)
Raise = skee ball table. Easy peasy.
Pour oil in the hallways and watch them all eat it as they walk by your rooms. :)
Oh, I love it. As always you brought a smile to my face with this post. Love the real comment with the kiddos as you were on the telephone. To tell the truth I think coworkers can sometime be just as rude.
Have a fabulous day!
I think it is awesome that you are the one asking for a skee ball game!
Get the skee ball table!
lol your in charge of the kiddies, so I wonder if you could start like a challenge or something for who can have the most manners and at the end one person gets a prize like a piece of candy? thats it, buy their manners with candy! lol:) hey it might work! skee ball table, niiiiiiiice!!!!!!
Funny, the things you say to your 4th graders are the same things I want to say to my (much older) coworkers).
Oohh!! yeah, you need to spend some of the hubs raise for sure! LOL
I LOVE skee ball! I am jealous!
I dont think 4th graders no the meaning of be quiet OR sit down! when I subbed the other day in a 4th grade class i cant tell you how many times i told them to either sit down or be quiet... crazies, those kids are! haha
I want a skee ball machine in my basement! That sounds like instant fun!!!
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
That is so funny! I am sure there is much that you think as a teacher and wouldn't dare say. Good for you!
I love this post and I love me some skee ball! Your hubs should know where to spend that raise for sure :)
It is so good to get it all out.. Yeah..
Those students..
Glad you got that out. I see we have similar ways of communicating with our husbands! And they think we don't communicate what we want? They just need to read between the lines! Ha!! Hope you get your Skee Ball fix soon!
Oooh, let me know what you buy with the hubs raise money! Sweet!
LOL I do adore a good game of skee ball! I spend a fortune playing that truly addicitve game every year when the fair comes to town:)
Funny post. Reminds me of my mother. She says "That's interesting." She means:
a) I don't like that color.
b) I don't like that style.
c) I don't like that idea.
d) I don't like that smell.
And so on... :)
HA! I recognize the pic below as being from Chuck E. Cheese!
I have an award for you on my blog!
Those are funny. I hope you get your skee ball game!!
I agree get the skee ball table, there so much fun!
I didn't even know there was such a thing as a $5000 bike!!
I have a forth grader, and I know he'd be one the boys chatting in the halls. :) He never shuts up. And after working in his homeschool co-op class, I realize that he is not alone in the chattiness. :)
Oh you are so bringing back memories of when I was a teacher. Ten years with a second and third multiage class has frazzled some of my brain...
I would love a Skee ball game, so much fun.
Too funny!
My own kids do that to me when I am on the phone and makes me crazy!
Skee ball is awesome.
My hubby has a huge want list of toys he wants. His next review is in a couple weeks so I hope he doesn't think that means he can just buy whatever he wants.
FiFi's 1st grade class has to have bubbles (chipmunks cheeks) to keep their mouths quiet and occupied in the halls.
My 4th grader doesn't know how NOT to chatter and make noise. It is physically impossible.
seriously... outside my office I get to hear the same stuff as every class walk in from recess!
and I totally think you get to buy some new stuff!
congrats on the raise!
Can I come play Ski Ball with you? that'd be SOOOO cool to own one, wouldn't it? =0)
But endless ball supply without quarters or tokens. Yee haw!
Hi Sara. miss you!!!
Skee ball in your house?? I'm totally jealous. And in awe. The road bike part was hilarious, only because i feel your pain when it comes to expensive toys that end up being a total waste. I taught 9th graders...NINTH GRADERS...and they pulled exactly the same nonsense. I always felt like a zoo keeper in monkey habitat. Love your writing, it's absolutely fantastic.
You are a very brave woman - being a teacher. I wouldn't trust myself - everyone would be in the corners, stacked deep. Phew. Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a...
This is a cute way of saying things!!
Skee ball in the house would be awesome!
I don't know how you deal with all those kids every day! I think I would go crazy.
I think you need to give your hubby a list of what you want this time. ;)
So funny...I was just talking to my sister yesterday on the phone (ummmm...while she was "teaching") and she had the same thing. Damn kids, can't you see we are having a very important talk. Ummmm...I was at Target and had to get the shampoo that she had. I know, I know...but seriously had to. =)
Cute Chuck E Cheese pic too! XOXO
i admire you teachers...my mom and sister are part of that club.
i couldn't do it!!
bless you.
Stopping by from the new TMC. Yes I give teachers so much credit {my sister is one}, I don't think I could do it.
You deserve it..!!..right now I want a ping pong table..who knows where that came from..but that's what I want..I said if he doesnt get it we will use our very long dining room table..that works..!..you have your hands full with those kids..and you were being very nice in your "what I meant to say"...I was thinking to myself a lot worse things..LOL..!
I have come to accept that there are too many kids where I work. :) Yes, I work at a school...they seem to all get on my nerves at some point throughout the day. Love this blog carnival...so fun!!!
Dude. I could use some venting myself. Well done!
skee ball. my husband LOVES to play that. he loves it so much that he yelled at me for standing too close to him when he was playing once... "YOU'RE GETTING IN MY BACKSTEP!" it was about 3 months after we were married. nice, huh! it's our little joke now. although he still doesn't like when i 'get in his backstep' even if he's playing stupid game...
oh, that's hilarious!! i've never heard of what i meant to say wednesday. i just may have to try it sometime. great fun!
If my recess were threatened I promise I would've been quiet!
Work From Home
Post a Comment