3.04.2010

I know what I saw...

While waiting for our ferry to leave Isla Majeres in Mexico, I was sitting on the dock, letting the sun's rays burn me to a crisp wash over me.
Then, I notice this lady taking pictures of something in the water. Being nosy (yeah, I'll admit it) I followed her. She was all excited to be taking pictures of this:



I bent down. Saw something black, got all excited.
Lady: "It's a stingray! We've been watching it for about 10 minutes here! I am going to try and get pictures of it up close!"
I go running for the camera, gotta get a pic of this! I couldn't wait to show off my pics when I got back. We are bending down, admiring the sting ray, and the lady asks,
"do you think that is it's mouth?"
I look at it, um, it sorta looks like, well...
"Yep, I do."
Lady happily snaps away and leaves. Me? I take a few more shots, look some more.
A gentle wind begins to blow, moving my sting ray with it...my stingray moves up and down.. and I realize:

I saw several more sting rays on my way to the ferry. I even threw a wrapper in one.

post signature

46 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you -- because I would've done the same. exact. thing! :-D

King J's Queen said...

Did you at least pet the stingray? LOL!

Kristina P. said...

Oh my goodness, I am sitting here just laughing to myself. Hilarious.

BNM said...

Lmao!!!!!

Mama4Real said...

I don't get it. Is it a trash can?

erin said...

oh my gosh, hillarious!! laughing with you—although, i probably would've been the woman who told YOU!!

Alicia said...

Too funny! Thanks for a good laugh!

Miller Racing Family said...

Totally sounds like something I would do.
Have a great day!

KK said...

Well you can't be too careful, lol.

Ace said...

Haha! Awesome. You should've jumped in with it to freak that lady out!

More Than Words said...

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Kaci said...

LOL!!! It happens to the best of us.

The Stiffs said...

That made my morning!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Haha! Whoops! Oh, well! Thanks for the laugh!!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh this made me giggle! The pictures she will show, lol

Amy said...

That is so funny.. What is it? I hope you have a great weekend.

Kelli said...

Nice! We actually followed (and very much harassed) a group of stingrays when we were in Florida. We spent a good hour [or two] trying to get our pictures with them around us.
That was before we knew what could happen!
And, their little mouths are on their underside.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

OMG, that is too funny!

Barbaloot said...

Now it's not often you get to see one of those in its natural habitat:)

Tara said...

Oh my gosh...that is funny!!

Margaret said...

LMAO that is too funny!

LBDDiaries said...

It takes a brave, brave woman to expose her underbelly to the world like this - ha!! This was HYSTERICAL and could have happened to any one of us. I mean, it's not like stingrays are indigenous to Arkansas - thanks for the great laugh.

{Kimber} said...

wait...I am blonde...I don't get it!?!

Nicole said...

LOL! thats sad that a bag was in the water but funny that you guys thought it was a stingray, I think I would too, it honestly looks like one!

Furry Bottoms said...

*chuckles* I wonder if that other woman ever figured it out, hahahahaha!

Vicky said...

Too funny.

Meeko Fabulous said...

Buah ha ha!!! :)

Robin said...

OK..Im with Mama4real..WTF..I dont know what it is...LMAO..cant stop laughing at my dumbness...Im usually good with this stuff..!

Anonymous said...

Why would you throw a wrapper in a stingray? LMAO.

Stephanie said...

Bwhaha That is so something I would do!

ZenMom said...

Sounds like something I would do.

Thanks. I needed a good laugh tonight.

Pres. Kathy said...

You are too funny@

Amy said...

I have something on my blog for you...

http://keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/2010/03/rolling-it-out.html

Anonymous said...

lol.. omg a bog fat guys swimming trunks....

lol....

you rock girl.....


xoxo

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Pretty sure I would have come to the same conclusion!

Jessi said...

Sounds like something I would do too. That is hilarious :) thanks for the laugh LOL

Unknown said...

LOL!!! So very funny!! Happy Monday!!

Melissa said...

You are so brave admitting something like this. LOL!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

At least that's a sting ray I would want to swim with and not the other kind, right?

HA! I love it!

I love that you allowed the woman her joy and didn't rain on her parade. Can you imagine the pictures she will be sharing when she gets home? "Look at this sting ray...We watched it for hours." Hysterical.

Thank you so much for wishing my Meemo a happy birthday last week. She loved reading the comments and I so appreciate that you took the time to leave one.

Love your blog, girl. We would definitely be friends...:)

Unknown said...

Thats pretty darn funny. Id have to say I do this sort of thing ALL the time. I can't see very well past 10' so I swear when Im driving every damn street sign is a deer!

Amy said...

Weddings are fun for sure..

I hope you have a great week..

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I had to look... and look... and look at that picture to figure out what it was. But it wasn't until I re-read what you wrote about throwing a gum wrapper in it that I figured out... it's a trash can!!!

So, your son likes to put his feet in the toilet?? That's too funny!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

honeypiehorse said...

That... doesn't really look like a ray.

The Four Week Vegan said...

Hahaha - I guess that proves that we see what we want to see. If only you had walked away sooner, you could have left believing it was a sting ray.

Frugal Vicki said...

That's funny. oops

kanishk said...

Oh my goodness, I am sitting here just laughing to myself. Hilarious.
Work From Home