You might have heard, noticed, or otherwise seen that I am a *bit* of a hypochondriac regarding all things scary, such as Ax Murderers, bears, skunks, squirrels and Walmart.
Seriously- I get a tad worried about putting the words Ax Murderer on my blog. I mean, what if an Ax Murderer is googling "Ax Murderers" and comes across my blog? Then he is all like, "Oh, Sara is scared of Ax Murderers; I'll show her why she should be." (So if you ever see all references to AM's taken off my blog, you know it is because I have let the fear overcome me.) {{SIDE note, GREAT idea by me to just use AM instead of Ax Murderer- makes me much less google-able, right?}}
So, for my GIVEAWAY? For a $20 Target gift card and special surprise? Tell me...what are you scared of? Certainly I am not the only, um, freak out here, right!?

Ends WEDNESDAY @ 12 p.m.

71 comments:
Woot, woot! I am afraid of death. Boo. :(
your such a GOOBER! I would have to say my #1 fear is spiders...hate them things!
When Kyle was little and I would see a spider he would say
"I dit it for ya momma" and stomp & stomp his little foot till it was dead.....my hero!
do I get an extra entry if I tell what Kyle's fear is????
Well just in case, it's clowns!!! He would kill me for telling anyone that since he is almost 14...but he is! Do you know how hard it is raising a child you can't take to the circus or McDonlad's birthday parties be cause of Ronald...or all the times Kyl ewas envited to parties and I would have to call the childs parent before hand to make sure they were not having clowns at THEIR childs birthday party.....geez!!!!
TARGET!
Sorry, got excited.
I'm afraid of aliens abducting me. I swear they scurry around my backyard some nights.
What am I afraid of? Let's see. There's poisonous spiders, centipedes, burglars, nuclear war, and a lack of caramels. (I eat caramels daily. They're like my vitamins.)
You are so funny! :)
What am I most scared of? Well, there is definitely spiders... and I mean irrational fears of them. I will shriek and run from the room if the spider so much as moves a leg or an antennae. I climb up to the top of the couch and stay there until somebody else kills it and my poor mother resents me for that job.
Well, I'm a strange duck because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE scary movies but can't stand the thought of someone breaking in. That's the serious one. Others include spiders, lizards, snakes, ants, ladybugs, centipedes, worms, snails, slugs, floods and chalk.
I'm afraid of a lot of things...things that most people are afriad of. But the one that makes me a "freak?" Worms. Seriously-I can't stand those things! They are so creepy!
And I'm afraid of not winning the giveaway. It's my birthday---you should rig it so I win:)
Also, did you run twenty miles today? Twenty miles in one day? I know you do marathons and you're a crazy runner (like an AM could ever catch you) but 20 miles in a day? You're crazy!
Lions. And cougars. I have a feeling one is going to pop out of my backyard at any given moment when I am not paying attention. It is totally irrational. Ever since the cougar sightings in the NW suburbs, I have been on high alert.
We have the serial killer in our shower phobia in common.
I'm also terrified of goats.
Spiders. Absolutely Spiders. I HATE spiders. Gives me the willies just thinking about them. Yuck!
What a fun giveaway!
My major fear is snakes.....urrrghhh!! I can't even look at them in National Geographic!! I'm also terrified of being burgled whilst we're asleep in bed!!!! Guess I'm a freak too :-)
Aside from the nausea-inducing answer 'fear of failure,' I would have to say I am scared of dying in a fiery car crash. And the creepy person hiding in the shower.
Are you sure you want us to give you more ideas to be scared of???? OK, here goes. I am afraid of dying in the night and having my kids find me.
Birds... I am deathly afraid of birds, and really just don't like butterflys the whole flappy wing thing just creeps me out.
Birds... I am deathly afraid of birds, and really just don't like butterflys the whole flappy wing thing just creeps me out.
Birds... I am deathly afraid of birds, and really just don't like butterflys the whole flappy wing thing just creeps me out.
Birds... I am deathly afraid of birds, and really just don't like butterflys the whole flappy wing thing just creeps me out.
The usual snakes and rats/mice.
Pressure cookers for real! I will not use one so when my mom comes to visit, she always cooks some green beans in the pressure cooker because I just won't/can't.
Those darn biscuit cans that pop. Though I think they stopped making them so they pop anymore.
Tight spaces and not being able to breathe. I have panic attacks.
Heights....period.
Balloons. I hate them.
I'm a scaredy cat!!
Spiders!! All kinds! Eck!
Im afraid that someone will fall in the cesspool..and don't think its really weird..it has happened four times on Long Island alone...and I think that is crazy...yes it just happened about 8 weeks ago to a poor young man...and right before that to a man in his backyard..the other 2 were last year and a few years back...OK Im droning on and on..but I get very anxious talking about it and ...well I did bring it up...sorry, but you asked..
I am afraid someone will start living in my basement. I'm serious. I check it every.single.morning. for signs of life! So pathetic!!!
If I've told you once . . . I've told you twice . . . I'm morbidly afraid of werewolves! Which is funny cause I'm writing about it today too! LoL! :)
Well, I'm very boring. I'm terrified of snakes, but that's a very common fear. HOWEVER, I do have an irrational fear of zombies, or as I call them: the z-word. I hate hearing about movies with zombies, hate looking a pictures and I absolutely refuse to watch a movie that has them in it. Dawn of The Dead ruined me for years for ANY scary movie, let alone zombie movies. And 28 Days Later? I was terrifed to go out at dark for a few weeks!
I'm scared of making a meal and poisoning my family. that's weird and totally irrational.
LOL:) i think i'm more scared of like kidnappers than ax murderers. that movie "Taken" freaked me out so much! the thing that I'm most scared of is probably spiders, although I'm getting better. Now when I see one I either apologize before for killing it, or I yell at it and tell it to get out of the house or apt or else I'll squash it, and then
I don't feel so bad cause its like I gave them a warning. See I'm getting better right!? and you're not the only insane one! :)
I am deathly afraid of snakes, after being bitten by a copperhead as a child.
An even bigger fear, though, is that something bad will happen to my daughter or my hubby and I won't be able to prevent it. That one doesn't keep me up at night, usually. I just pray over them a lot.
Clowns! Some person in a hideous costume and make-up to "entertain" children...ummmm...just creepy to me!
I CRACKED UP when I read this because I'm the same way about AMs. (Eeep, now they're going to get me too!) It's why I HATE it when my husband works the night shift - I sit up half the night convinced that the AMs KNOW I'm alone with the kids and they've been waiting for the right moment to come in and do their thang. Ugh.
You know what else I'm afraid of? Zombies. I know they don't exist. I'm still afraid of them. :)
Snakes and going blind are my top two ... and now Ax Murderers!!!
My list is soooooo long! But I'll give you a few - bugs, snakes, scary looking dolls, people hiding around the corner, etc..
I am very much afraid that someone will break into our house. I guess I am not too terribly worried about being killed, my hubbs sleeps closer to the door, I think I have a good chance of getting out of there before it is my turn (just being honest).
i'm mostly scared of spiders. and mice and rats. mostly mostly rats. i HATE them. they're gross. and make me cry. literally.
i'm also afraid to walk from our garage to our house at night by myself. it's super dark in the country. and i always feel like someone is watching me!
After this weekend... a tornado that rips my children from their beds.
I am scared on not winning this give away. Seriously. This scares me to death. I NEED me some Target time. ;)
You just totally crack me up with the fear of ax murders.
But I have the same fear of snakes. We got two cats just to kill any snakes. I have even stopped weeding and watering my plants because I saw a snake. Huge fear of these bad boys.
Thanks for the chance.
Have a great day!
If you really want to know, I am totally afraid of revolving doors. Seriously. I have this unrational (but totally rational in my mind) fear that when I am in one, it is going to jam up and I will suffocate because the tiny space will run out of air before I am rescued. I also get nervous (but not scared) on escalators. I get all anxious as I approach the top or bottom that my shoe is going to get caught!
I am afraid of losing my kids, roaches, cancer, being abandoned, and getting my laundry out of the dryer at night (it's in our garage and there is not an easily accessible light switch.)
SNAKES!!! Even a picture on a page of a book gives me the WILLIES! Ironicly check out my picture on today's post!!
Mice, roaches, house fires, running out of money. Now pick me!!!!
Ooh, heights. Very afraid of heights. But I will go on roller coasters only because the hubs makes me. LOL
I'm afraid of home invasions and regularly have nightmares about them :(
I am super duper scared of getting bit by cats. If one comes into the clinic all growly and hissing at me, I would rather not be in the room. I hate it!
Amazing - I just blogged about Target. I didn't blog about ax murderers, but I might tomorrow if it might get me more Google hits by actual ax murderers - and Mike Myers would be a cool visitor. I heard he married one.
oh man...snakes, mice, spiders, bugs, etc. the list could go on forever. i am fine as long as they are behind glass and not in my house. :)
oh, something else that scares me WAY more than that is the ocean. not the beach, but the deep blue sea. you know with God knows what beneath the surface just waiting for you to put a toe in and bite it off. i am getting the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.
I have a huge list: mimes, clowns, birds, squirrels, spiders, snakes, and on and on and on. Great giveaway!
I am afraid of being underground... under overpasses, in tunnels, under ground in any way. ~~~~~shiver ~~~~~~~~
You know I'm with you on the ax murderers. And many other fears.
On a serious note, death terrifies me.
My bizarre fear is multiple snakes. I can handle one snake, but a pile of snakes makes me shudder and want to run away as quickly as possible. Even if they're just on TV.
You are too funny! You know what's not funny, but is scary? The dark. Well, not necessarily the dark, but what is lurking IN the dark that I can't see. LIKE AMs!!!
I'm totally afraid of the dark...always have been always will be. Squirrels and my ears being touched too...I know but see my sister is deaf in her left ear and my other sister (such a biatch) told me when I was like 5 that the reason my other sister was deaf was because she was a bad girl and a squirel ate her brain through that ear and that's why she can't hear. LOL! I'm laughing just thinking (and re-reading)about it. But still freaks me out when I go to the doctor and they look in my ear...totally makes my heart race. I can't have anyone touch my ears. Jon messes with me. Shoulda never told him.
Great giveaway!!! Mine is definitely a horrible fear of the dark and spiders - not sure which is worse!!! Spiders just terrify me and I freeze up completely and the dark: well, I have to sleep with the light on if Waliacha is not home - LOL!!!!
I am afraid of mice. Hate them!
I have many...here are a few.
I'm afraid of pitbulls and rottweilers - actually any dog that looks like it could take me.
I'm afraid of clowns - have been since I was a kid.
I'm afraid of those little stuffed monkeys that clang symbols together. I know that's silly, but I can't even stand to look at them!
Because of you I am now afraid of Ax Murders! I went to California to visit my grandma, and the baby and I stayed in my uncle's house alone. My grandma is obsesswith with crime shows and when I went to bed, all I kept htinking was, "Damn it Sara and Criminal Minds! Now I can't sleep since I think someone is lurking outside!"
:o)
I'm scared of death. Boo!
Awesome giveaway, Sara!
Hope you're having a great day!
Betty xx
I saw your post heading on a friend's website and was intrigued. Too funny!
I'm afraid of people in costumes-like at Disney World, Six Flags or sporting mascots--the kind of costume where they have that big head and you can't see who it is. I just assume anyone who wanted to hug kids as a job is a perve.
I am afraid of heights, especially those over water. And clowns. Good Lord, do I hate clowns.
Great giveaway!! Bridges!! I am so scared of them!! Oh and scarey movies... I am a total wimp!
you are so crazy sara :)
i am not scared of A.M. per se...but, you know if one came in my house....yep. scared then.
but, i am scared of all things that have to do with bugs.
scared of tight places.
scared of bridges....
great giveaway!!!
oh geez....glass eyed baby dolls! clowns!
But most of all? Target.
I really really really hate roaches. Really. The ones we have down here are the big wood roaches and they can fly, and the scare the crap out of me every time.
Let's see.. I am scared of Mickey Mouse. Or anyone who is dressed up. I have no clue who is inside there and what they are thinking. I know one other thing for you to be scared of. Since I have been following you. When I am home alone and I have to put the dog out. I want to scream as I got out there wondering who is out there. NO Axes please.. THanks for a great giveaway. I hope to win..
glass eye baby dolls *shivers* worst of all, death, so freakishly afraid of death, death of myself and my closest family member, it's insanely unbearable
I am scared of guns and clowns.
I am scared of ANYTHING that goes bump in the night. When the hubs is out of town I sleep on the couch so I can see the front door. Yeah, I'm a wuss!
snakes, loud noises at night when I'm home by myself, and Freddy Krueger. Dude can kill you in your dreams and I have some pretty crazy dreams!
Great giveaway!!
post free classifieds
You are too funny!
I am totally terrified of putting my hand into the garbage disposal to fetch a fallen item out. I am so scared that somehow that thing is going to turn on by itself and then my hand will be destroyed forever...one handed blogging.
Post a Comment