5.12.2010

How DOES that make me feel?

I had my appointment with my ED team today. I both love/hate these days, but usually come away feeling, well, good and bad. (Wow, there is a clear, deep thought.)

Today? In the course of our talking, it comes up that I am a bit PMS-y right now. (not to be confused with Manstruating, like Meeko.) What does my therapist say? (keep in mind, I like her, just like I like putting things in parenthesis.)

Oh, PMS. How does that make you feel?

Well, um, here was my response in my head

You kidding me? How does that make me feel!?

Like I have bad cramps.

Like half the world needs to quit being idiots.

Like I need a hot bath and nap, but know I am going to spend the evening doing dishes and laundry.

Like there is not enough Midol in the world to ease my temperament when I get 58% return rates on homework before a test.

Like I need SALT. Right now? I'd salt my salt. That's right. and then salt it some more. Throw me a salt lick here.

There it is, how I feel right now. However, being the lovely person I am, I just responded, "Oh, I handle it quite well. I am not the moody type...*"

(*you know I am kidding right?!) I am off to go get something. Salty.
post signature

42 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Now, I am too!

mama's smitten said...

Salt and Chocolate!

Holly said...

And how about some butter to go with that salt? And maybe some chocolate.

Manstruating, heh!

Cheeseboy said...

I don't know if I understood a word you just said and I think that is okay with me.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You crack me up, Sara. And just for the record, I love putting things in parentheses, too.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I'll take the salt, if it's on pretzels and covered with chocolate. :) I NEED me some chocolate. :)

Sarah said...

That's pretty funny- the number one most stereotypical utterance that could come out of a therapist's mouth, and over the topic of PMS no less. You handled it very impressively! I would have given her a big fat hairy-eyeballed side eye and said nothing :D

The Mother said...

I pretty much always think half the world needs to get a clue. No PMS required.

Foursons said...

And what's my excuse? My Mirena IUD takes care of all that womanly stuff so I don't have to deal with it but I still feel that way pretty much A.L.L. the time. :)

Trish said...

and ICE CREAM!!!!!

~*Michelle*~ said...

"Like I need SALT. Right now? I'd salt my salt. That's right. and then salt it some more."

LAUGHING OUT LOUD!

But I hate when I have a salt marathon and then I can't squeeze my bloated/swollen toes into my Birks t he next morning.

Love ya! So proud of you too!

The Stiffs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda said...

LOL!! too funny! except i like sweets. i am happy to be able to blame the baby though!!

Nicole said...

LOL, I love your parenthesis! Cramps are no fun, and you definetly deserve that hot bath! when I crave salty I usually go for salted nuts. I crave sweet more, like chais and hot chocolates, yum.

Ace said...

I know how you feel, friend. I might actually be able to kill stupid people during PMS. I snap at people and yell more and it's just horrible. Not much for salt though, I could eat my weight in chocolate. Daily.

Pres. Kathy said...

This post had me laughing - it is chocolate and ice cream for me!

McKsMom said...

You crack me up! Thanks for being so courageous in sharing about your E.D. You encourage me! Know that although we all have different struggles that you have people who care about you that you haven't even met! Have a wonderful weekend. Count down to the end of school has started here, hoping you get out soon too!

Audreya said...

I second the chocolate covered pretzels!! Although sometimes I go with M&Ms mixed in with popcorn. Chocolate, salt AND butter. For dinner. (See, someday you'll be as recovered as me. No, wait, I'm a bad example. But I also like parenthesis.) (And half the world IS idiots. PMS is not a factor in your feeling that way.)

Betty Manousos said...

You are not salty, you're sweet!
*smiles*
xx

Furry Bottoms said...

I had to laugh at CheeseBoy's comment.

You know how sometimes when women live together or work together everyday, their cycles tend to be very close together? I'm noticing the same thing in blogland. Isn't that weird?!

And having been in therapy for over a decade myself... that sounds like something a counselor would ask you. Did she?

Barbaloot said...

That hot bath thing! I was tired/irrational enough last week at 2:30 am that I nearly woke up to take one hoping it would help! And the snacking?! Does the need ever stop? Maybe we should all have to answer how it makes us feel:)

Meeko Fabulous said...

Buah ha ha! Nice to know I'm not alone while I'm manstruating! ;) Now I want something with peanut butter in it . . .

Anonymous said...

PMS-How does that make you feel? Really? That's a question? C'mon, it's blinkin' PMS!

Fortunately I wasn't asked that question, 'cause I'd probably throw something at the poor therapist. Of course, I'd blame PMS...and tell the therapist he/she should have expected it. :-)

Meg said...

"I'd salt my salt, lol." You are so funny! Posts like this remind me why I skip my period every month! :)

Jamie said...

That was a real question? Goodness! I salt my salt too :)

NIKOL said...

The power of suggestion is strong. Some potato chips are calling my name...

Anonymous said...

salt + chocolate = heaven

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I hopped on the PMS train yesterday. And yest to all of the above. Poor hubs.

{Kimber} said...

let me know how the salt "makes you feel" hehe

Jamee said...

You totally crack me up! I hate the "how does that make you feel question" even though as a pastoral counselor I am trained to use it :)

Laura Marchant said...

um, did you read my mind this week!

Liz Mays said...

You handled that well, up until the salt part. LOL

Robin said...

Oh me too...Id take salt over anything sweet most times...but I would never admit to my PMS issues..and beware any body who would try to suggest such a thing..!!!you handled it very well..Bwhahahah..!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

dude...i salt my cookies when i'm pms-ing.

wtc?

btw, ur adorable...totally HOT!

King J's Queen said...

Dark chocolate...preferably Godiva...with a sprinkling of salt. Perfection.

honeypiehorse said...

Salt also tastes good sprinkled on sweet watermelon.

The Stiffs said...

Clearly I'm having PMS problems myself. Every comment I wrote seemed trite. I thought about it all night. So... I'm off to have my chocolate covered bacon. Clearly you're handling it better than I am.

Charisse said...

MMMMMMMMMMMM SAAAAALT *droool*

I feel very much like I imagine Homer Simpson to feel when ever he says DOOOOONUT or BBBEEEERRR when it comes to my salty PMS cravings. I am all about salt, then. I do not particularly care for sweets. Ever. I like to make them but not eat them. I have contemplated buying one of those little salt rocks just BECAUSE before.

Crystal Escobar said...

haha, that is hilarious!!! I so know what you mean :)
I'm coming here from Jenn's blog (your giveaway winner). I just thought I'd pop over here and see what you're all about, and I like what I see :) Just became a follower!

Stephanie said...

Great, now i need popcorn, extra butter with a bag of M&M's on the side:)

Avery Tales said...

Mmmmmm...Salt!!! I'm thinking a bag of chips sounds lovely right about now!

Kelly and Sara said...

You're too cute! You always are a great blog to visit when I need a laugh. Thanks for that :) Hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

http://peace-love-tbell.blogspot.com/