5.31.2010

Memorial Weekend 2010

Memorial Day Weekend? You rocked! As you can
see we:
Had friends over for BBQ and bonfires....
Spent the day farming with daddy (while mommy enjoyed a whole day to herself, napping, sunning and shopping!)

Played some mini golf (although "playing" is a lose term)
Although my husband would like it known that he got 2 hole in ones. (excuse me, he corrected me, he got 4)


Hung out with our deranged sister who hacks our twitter and Facebook accounts...
Ate at a drive in diner...

Kissed...

Looked at the water...
Made silly poses...

Sat on big ole rocks...
We also climbed rocks, went on a scenic river cruise, BBQ'd again, rode ATV's, hubs and I went on a bike ride, visited cemeteries and had an amazing weekend!
(p.s. never blog with your husband next to you. Only thing worse than a backseat driver is a side sitting IT man watching you blog. "you don't know that shortcut?" "what are you doing there, why do you do it that way?"

post signature

59 comments:

The Stiffs said...

Looks like fun and you look great!

Mrs. M said...

I'm glad my hubby isn't a back seat blogger! :)

Glad you had fun - hope you recover from all that excitement very soon!!

Cheeseboy said...

Looks a LOT more fun than my weekend. I just hung out in Burt Reynold's truck. None of my kids kissed me and I did not ride ATVs. So yeah, you pretty much kicked my weekend's rear.

Miller Racing Family said...

What a fun weekend. I love all the photos. I did the same thing this weekend and took a little mommy time. Doesn't that just do wonders for the body and mind. I also agree with you about husbands sitting to close while blogging. The can really take the fun out of blogging in a hurry.
Have a great day!

Elyse said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Even if your sister likes to hack your accounts ;) You look great in all the picts and I am glad you got to kick back and relax.
~Elyse

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

My hubby does the same thing!! Crazy sideseat drivers!! Looks like you had a fun weekend. AND you need to change your passwords. ;)

Kaci said...

Ha, that last comment is true...or hey you spelled that wrong. That's what spell check is for...duhhh!

Looks like a fabulous long weekend! Cute top too!

Amy said...

Yes, all of you had a great time.. Thanks for sharing the pictures.. You are such a pretty woman.. Wow I hope to look that someday.. Yes, husbands can be wild when they try to come into the blogging world. My husband is the same way when he watches me at times blogging..

Have a great Tuesday..

Kmama said...

Looks like you had a good weekend. LOL at that last tip. My hubby does the same thing!

Trish said...

Love all the pictures...pass teh smores please :OP

Love you hubs comment at the bottom...it's kinda like me trying to drive with Chris in the passanger seat(try driving with a State Trooper next to you in the passanger seat.....talk about pressure!)

Jenn said...

Glad you had a great weekend! I'm jealous of the bonfires--still trying to convince hubs we need a fire pit. :)

Annsterw said...

Looks like an amazingly awesome weekend~!!!!!! Gotts love family!!!!!!!!!!

jayayceeblog said...

Looks like a great time ... you got some very good pics from the day! Got to your last little p.s. about blogging with the husband sitting next to you ... OMG ... that is so true!!!

Jen said...

A totally awesome weekend!!!

Barbaloot said...

Glad you had a great weekend! Wasn't it nice to have that Monday just to relax and NOT work?

LucieP said...

Looks like a great weekend!! Looking forward to seeing you.

Liz Mays said...

A backseat blogger? No can have!

I love those fire bowl things!

Unknown said...

great pics =)

i love the p.s. at the bottom!
ha.

Staci said...

I was down to one kiddo this weekend since hubby took the older 3 to visit his parents for the long weekend. Unfortunately, Ruby realized that she had me to herself and decided NOT to take the nice long naps that I thought she would so I could get stuff done. I also didn't get the nap I was hoping for either. At least it was quieter and I was able to clear out some of the clutter around here. Glad you had a great weekend :)

Chandra said...

Does it get any better then that? I think not! Sounds like a perfect weekend indeed!

Foursons said...

The picture of you and your sister had me squinting at the screen. The rocks behind her make her look like she has a beehive hairdo and I was a tad bit confused because you're not in the south. Hahahaha.

Looks like a great weekend and I love all the photos. Tell IT hubby to "cut it" complete with swiping motion of the hand. I'm sure he'll listen to me. :D

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Glad you had such an awesome weekend girlfriend!!

Tracie said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!

The Urban Cowboy said...

Now that is Memorial Day weekend at its best! Yes, it rocks.

Sarah said...

Those nosy husbands! Chris alternates between being way too interested in my blogging and "boycotting" my blog if I write something he doesn't like!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

A mommy alone day. That's what I'm talkin' about!

Kelli said...

Looks like tons of fun! I tried to take photos of our weekend, but alas, there was drinking, so I ended up with only 2 photos. Whoops!
And my hubs? pretty sure he couldn't find my blog, even if I offered him a new TV.

Emma said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Glad it was amazing! We did absolutely nothing all weekend apart from hang out at home....which was also pretty amazing!!!

Cool Gal said...

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend. Great photos. I love the shirt the "little one" has on in the last picture (your son). "Dirt Does a Body Good." Perfect for a boy! So precious (I think I just noticed one that says, "Dirt Rocks, " too. He likes his dirt! LOL). Adore little boys.

Funny about hubs, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!
And not much time left for the school year, either. Yeah!

Tara said...

Wow! Y'all were busy! The drive-in diner and kisses sound the best to me!

NIKOL said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love the Dirt Rocks t-shirt. I should get one of those for my little guy.

Roxy said...

FUN...ROCKING and a ROLLING with all those pictures! Holidays are great!
Hoping all is well...you're looking the part

Roxy said...

FUN...ROCKING and a ROLLING with all those pictures! Holidays are great!
Hoping all is well...you're looking the part

Vanessa said...

How fun! And you blog with your husband next to you? BRAVE WOMAN! ;-)

Jamie said...

Looks like a great weekend!

Meg said...

Looks like fabulous fun! It also sounds like you got a MUCH needed break for a while. Make sure everyone has helmets on while on those ATVs. :)

Helene said...

OMG, my husband does the same thing!!!! I don't know all the fancy shortcuts or how to copy/paste a bunch of things at the same time and he gets all mad at me...as if I should know how to do that stuff??!!

Anyway, looks like you all had a great time and the pictures are fabulous!!!!

Sarah MP said...

Looks like you had a great time! My hubby is also in IT although I usually blog away from home!

amanda said...

looks like a fantastic weekend!! and what beautiful weather too!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow looks like your son had a wonderful time..... boys just know how to have fun...

honeypiehorse said...

Wow, dream weekend. Since our one-day heat spell all it does is rain here....

Stephanie said...

Looks like you had a glorious family weekend. Nothing beats toasted marshmallows!

peewee said...

I had a GREAT weekend....but yours looks more fun!!!

teacher girl said...

FUN! Glad it was a great weekend! Your boys are adorable :o)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It looks like you had a great weekend! I love all the pictures. You have a beautiful family!

Jazzy said...

Thanks for sharing the fat photos of me. Maybe it will help jump start a more intense exercise program for me over the summer.....

I hate being the "fat one" in our group. It sucks. :(

Betty Manousos said...

Looks like a wonderful fun weekend!
You look gorgeous, Sara!
Big hugs!
B xx

King J's Queen said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. I sure am glad you explained the Twitter hack. I was startin' to wonder about you. LOL!

Amy said...

Happy Thursday.

~*Michelle*~ said...

OK, so these are like the cutest pics of you (and your family) so far!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sounds like a great weekend.

Pam said...

My, my, my, y'all surely packed a weekend full of adventure. Well, and napping and shopping for some of you! All Moms deserve that.

I love the picture of Asher asleep in the back of the farm equipment. Which brings me to a question...what was Corey doing farming? I know you've said you have quite a bit of lawn but heavy machinery I did not envision. LOL.

Amy said...

Happy Saturday..

I tagged you if you want to play along..

http://keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-am-playing.html

Kelly L said...

Looks like a very fun time. Great pictures.

Love to you
Kelly
I've Become My Mother

Together We Save said...

Love all the pictures!! Looks like everyone is having a great time!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

testing...123...

Michelle said...

Looks like a great Memorial Day weekend!

My hubby is begging to guest post on my blog, not sure I am ready o let him yet...