Now? With school coming to an end? I am feeling a *bit* tired and worn out, possibly from trying to wrangle kids back in their desks all day and cooking is even more of a pain right now. (Fine, and my ED crap doesn't help.)
So? My hubs? Has had to listen to the following excuses the past few weeks. (I try to be inventive with them, as to not bore him with the reasons.)
{{Also keep in mind? For the last 12 years he has come home every night and asked, "What is for dinner?" Despite the fact we both work full time and have other obligations!}}
• Hon! The weirdest thing just happened! I got a message on my phone, and when I listened to it? It just said, "This is dinner calling. Make yourself."
His response? "The oddest thing happened to me too! I found out that my paycheck is late."
{NOT remotely funny}
• Core! I can't make dinner tonight. *Sigh* and I SO wanted to.
Core: Why?
"Well, I heard this is a possible recall on what I was planning to cook. Don't want to risk it, huh?"
• Shoot! There is no food in the house. All of it. Gone.
Corey: That's odd. I suppose we had best grab something to eat in town, huh?
See? How lame my excuses are getting? I need some fresh ones. Got any?

41 comments:
I would say your house exploded.
Blame the elves.
I don't know. I really like your excuses. I may have to use one of them myself!
Ok I have an excuse for you that I have used several times and it used to work but now my hubby says it's warn out! So maybe you can use it now..."Hey babe I think we should eat out you know since the economy is struggling we would be doing our part to help out!"
Goodluck!
Sorry I don't have excuses for you. I really like to cook and we live far away from town so it is not easy to just "run in and grab something for dinner".
Try finding things you can let cook all day in the crock pot(roast, ribs, butterfly pork chops, beef tips & gravy) or 1 pan meals. That way most of it is done when you get home from work...plus EASY clean up...it's a win win! I can get you the recipes for all of them if you want. i am a pro at fast cooking with Chris's crazy work schedule & Kyle with school & ball I can wip something up in no time!
It's summer. You can cook the whole meal on the grill. Grilling is man's work right? Tell him to hop to it!
LOL! I hate cooking too, but the hubby gets home before me, so it's his job. SCORE!
Hmmmmm
whats for dinner?
you say.... me.
Lol, I don't have any more excuses but I'm here to tell you that cooking really isn't that hard! I know, you didn't want to hear that.
I cook most every night and when I don't want to I just say it.
Here's my line: I'm not cooking tonight so fend for yourself. ;-)
That's pretty ingenious. :) So what do you do? You guys eat out a lot? I love to cook, but I am so BORED of menu planning and trying to come up with interesting things to feed my family, that they'll eat. Nothing worse than spending the time and effort on something for them all to shove it away and say "I do'nt like it!"
I've noticed that when David doesn't want to help with something around the house, he goes ahead and does it, but does it so badly that he knows I will say "Okay, stop... I'll just do it myself."
Maybe you should consider cooking a few meals very, very badly. Then you can go with "Core, do you remember what happened last time I cooked?"
Bonus points if you get the smoke alarm to go off.
I just usually just tell hubby I am too tired. It irks me that despite the fact that we both work full-time dinner falls squarely with me.
I do enjoy cooking and try to cook most nights. Hopefully over the summer when I am not working I can cook more.
So, I suppose you won't want to try the recipe I posted today. It was pretty easy! LOL...
I don't have any excuses as I like to cook, but I think yours was pretty funny.
Have a great day! :)
lol you could say you read a study about how couples have this great bonding when they go out on dates and eat out together, and then he 'll want to eat out!:)
When my husband asks me what is for dinner I tell him that the kids ate frozen pizza and I had a sandwich. He then goes and fends for himself. Not creative, but he gets the point.
My response to, "Did you make dinner?" is usually . . . "Nope!" :)
Well, I like you, so I really like your excuses as well. LOL!
B xx
Q: What's for dinner?
A: I don't know. What are you fixing?
A: I ordered Papa Johns. $10 bucks for a pizza. We can barely eat at home for that.
A: It's too hot to cook.
A: Well, I planned to cook, but the food I took out to defrost is still frozen. Something must be wrong with the refrigerator. (Wink, wink)
A: Ruby Tuesday
A: Applebee's
A: Red Robin
A: I've got everything ready for you to cook on the grill. Call me downstairs when it's ready, please.
"I had great dinners planned for the whole week, but now with this blasted pink eye I'm incapacitated!"
Well just last night I stayed away from the house late and when Nick got home before us he was starving (because he rarely eats lunch). Surefire way to be able to order something! Not so much of a line but a strategy. Though forking over the money for the purchased fast food made me cringe. I know everyone says it is cheaper but it really never is for us.
haha, you are so funny. And you and I are so much alike :) I just tell my husband, that NEXT week my goal is to make dinner at least 4 times.
I was going to suggest crockpot cooking too. I have a super easy recipe (my family LOVES it) that just involves opening cans/packages and dumping it in if you're interested. Plus, it leaves enough for leftovers a couple days later - score!
I can't and hardly cook myself, sista. I am a mess in the kitchen! Actually when my husband sees me attempting to cook, he quickly ushers me out of the kitchen and he takes over!
OK... this is what I do when I don't feel like cooking. I DO NOT take any meat out of the freezer until right before he comes home. Then I tell him that our fridge is turned up too high and what I had planned to make was still frozen so we'll have to have soup. Works every single time.
Just be sure to choose something you'll want to eat the next night or you will waste groceries.
With the hot summer temps. coming you don't want to heat up the kitchen by turning on the stove. I do love the food recall excuse!
I went to the doctor today. For the good of my health, he said I should avoid cooking.
I'd just unplug the stove and say it's broken. Hopefully you don't have a gas oven.
-FringeGirl
Tell him you have mageirocophobia -- fear of cooking. If you can pronounce the phobia, I doubt he will question you.
It's okay, I can't cook either and have basic spices. When I branch out into something more complicated, the dinner usually comes out tasting like crap.
No but I have a recipe for peanut soup and peanut butter muffins if you're interested...
i don't know if i have any lines. i just ask if we an order out. lol.
Oh yes I do!
The burner is out in the oven..I ordered a new one, but it will be a week before they can deliver it.
Thanks for reading my post. This: "There are SO many people who are so talented, have great ideas or stories, are great writers, and have great insight/advice that they share voluntarily with the world" was screaming YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU! I hope that's what you got from it. Have a fantastic weekend. :o)
You could use the same excuse over and over, us guys have limited retention spans.
that is just way too funny...
I am not the cook in my house either.. OH well..
The stove is not cooking for you..
They should make those snack cracker and cheese packs for husbands. Their very convenient when my kids are hungry and I love them.
My excuses are lamer than yours! I'm going to have to copy you! LOL
You could always do what my hubby does and that's teach me how to cook something and then pull the crap that now "I make it better". grrr... I should have stuck with jarred spagetti sauce and hot dos!
You crack me up! Is it the cooking or the cleaning up that you hate? Or YES to both of the above. I just don't understand it... I love to cook! And menu planning the week is fabulous. :)
The store was out of what I had on my list.
Post a Comment