5.07.2010

Motherhood is...

I am in need of comic relief linking up with Mrs. LouLou to talk about what Motherhood is, in honor of Mother's Day!
Now, we've heard all the sweet, sappy things that motherhood is- and I agree. However, motherhood comes with all sorts of fun things people forget to tell you about. Therefore? Here is what motherhood also is:

• Not even wanting to know what is going on when you hear, "Asher, don't put your finger there. That is sick. Sick Asher."

• Not crying when your son walks up and says, "I am pretty sure this is going to be an easy fix, but..."

• Laughing when your son's teacher says, "I admit, I get a bit nervous when Elijah starts talking quantum physics with me...in first grade."

• Waking up to your son staring at you and asking, "Mom, do you agree that science fiction writers are off on their ideas of force fields? I mean, mom, they used (something I don't recall) in them. Everyone knows force fields can't use those."

• Giggling at your 3 year old, who can sing all the lyrics of TobyMac's Love is in the House, while dancing and bopping his head.

...then throw a tantrum on the floor of Target a minute later.

• Raising pet Turtles.

Motherhood? Grand! I love it, even though it is the hardest thing I'll ever do. My boys are amazing, awesome and busy. Busy, oh so busy...
I admit, I love running even more now that my boys are old enough to come to races. There is nothing like crossing the finish line and seeing those little men cheering for me, giving me a hug and saying, "yay mommy, you did it!"

Check out LouLou's Views for more!

post signature

44 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Happy Mother's Day, Sara!

Stephanie said...

lol It really is all those things! Happy Mothers Day!

Counselormama said...

I loved this post! and man, do I know what you mean (refering to your whole list!)

The Mother said...

I see many, many teacher conferences in your future. Teachers for some reason don't really like it when kids teach the class from the back of the room. Even if they DO do it better than the teacher.

Trish said...

Love this post...Love you!

Hope you have an oh so wonderful Mother's Day!

Annsterw said...

Hope you have an awesome Mother's Day!!!!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Too funny. :) I love Toby Mac!! That would be cute to see and hear.

Mrs. B said...

This was too cute! Your little boys sound like they're so much fun!

Ace said...

Oh yes, there are so many things (usually embarrassing) that we don't mention on mothers day!

Happy mothers day to you!

Kmama said...

This was really cute. Yes, there are usually so many, many things that people never tell you about when it comes to motherhood!!

Nicole said...

Awwww your little Elijah sounds like a scientist! great post, it sounds like its all worth it! :)

Kelli said...

Must check out this tumblr: http://shitmykidsruined.tumblr.com/
It's funny. And it will either make you laugh or cry.

Sarah said...

I still think the turtle obsession is the cutest thing ever! Happy Mother's Day.

Chandra said...

You know what Mother's Day is to me...Being soooo blasted busy that I FORGOT it was Mother's Day on Sunday. Surely my little hooligans will remember right?

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I think Target pumps something through there air vents that cause kids to go bonkers. The dude has a tantrum EVERY time we go there!

LucieP said...

from this mom of boys to another wonderful amazing mom-I hope you have a wonderful day and hoping to see you in June!! This cracked me up!

Meeko Fabulous said...

Ok, don't you ever do that to me again, k? I hate being reminded I'm human! Ugh. That last paragraph about running a race and seeing their faces at the end and . . . oh there I go again . . . Ick! I just got all teary eyed and sentimental and what not. No more! Happy Moms' Day! :)

Cheeseboy said...

This is cool. Happy Mother's Day to you.

BTW, I LOVE the name Asher. If I ever have another son... Asher was #2 on our last son's list, but we ended up naming him "Calder".

Have you read the book "My Name Is Asher Lev"? It is one of my all time favorites.

Mrs. M said...

Whoa - you definitely have a braniac on your hands. Kids jeopardy tourney perhaps? :)

Unknown said...

That made my brain hurt just reading what your little guy said. Seriously? Just think about what he'll be talking about when second grade rolls around!

Motherhood is the best, yet hardest job ever! I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world!

Happy Mother's Day!!

Vanessa said...

How fun!! Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!

susan said...

happy mother's day sara!!! have a great weekend.

honeypiehorse said...

Your force field son is my kinda guy

Kaci said...

Happy Mommys Day sister!! XOXXO

Don't know what I would do with boys! LOL!

Betty Manousos said...

Love this post, Sara.
Happy Mother's Day!
B xx

Anonymous said...

Nothings easy thats what makes it special....

*smiles*

Emma said...

They are all cool things that I love about being a Mum, although I'm not sure my daughter understand quantum physics yet!!! Hope that you have a great Mothers Day!

Amy said...

Hello,

Sorry I have not been able to say Hello. I loved the turtle story you shared with us. Alyce has enjoyed watching her Nana's turtle's in the pond. They get up on the rock and take a sun bath. It is fun watching them.. I did not know you had turtles also..

What a great post today. It made me laugh and think about my two years of motherhood. I do love being a Mom and it is the best time of my life..

Happy Mother's Day to an awesome Mom..

erin said...

you're such a great mom! hope you have a happy mother's day sara!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Susan Campbell Cross said...

You hit the nail on the head--it's the toughest job ever! But, it's probably also the best job ever. Happy Mother's Day!!!

Susan (Secrets of a Suburban Soccer Mom)

KK said...

Happy Mother's Day

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I loved this post! I hope you have a great Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day,my friend!
You look BEAUTIFUL, then and NOW!
You are such a wonderful friend and MOTHER!
May this Mother's Day be one of the best with more to come in years!
YOU ROCK, MOMMY!
hugs
shakira

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Happy Mother's day. Those things are funny and so true.

{Kimber} said...

great post!!!!
hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, wonderful list, but seriously, quantum physics? I'm not even sure I can pronounce it right...at my age.

Loukia said...

I hope you had a great Mother's Day! So funny... so true... thank you for writing this! I love your sense of humour and it must be such a great feeling to see your children cheering you on when you run! What a great feeling!

Jen said...

You pretty much hit the nail right on the head!! Funny how oh so true that all is!

Oh and girl, I didn't know that you're from MN too... I'm in the Cities. You?

The Princess of Sarcasm said...

The force field thing cracked me up! My kid is way smarter than me too. ;)

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS to say hi! I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Great list!

Ugh, tantrums. Natalie threw one at Target today too. Was not fun.

Robin said...

I thought I had come by here yesterday to say..Happy Mothers day to you ..a Beautiful Lady...and I see I didnt..I love your list...!!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Kids are great, Motherhood is lovely, of course sometimes challenging.

Happy Mother's Day!