Sometimes? Our weeks look like this
Monday- Corey gets home by 6:00, so I can take off at 6:15 for a PTO meeting. Home at 9:30- workout or bed
Tuesday- Corey has meetings till 6:30 p.m., so he isn't home until after 7 p.m. Boys and I stay busy
Wednesday- My doctors appointments, so I leave for them right after work, Corey picks up the boys, I'm home (hopefully) by 7 p.m.
Thursday- IEP meetings after school, family commitments at night...
Friday- Meet family members in town an hour away for pics and dinner
Then we begin again... Like I said before though? My hubs is amazing. He is a wonderful, supportive, family oriented man. Through all my marathon training (3 marathons in 53 weeks!?) he was never anything but supportive.
Now, you are asking, "Um Sara? Didn't you say something about a GIVEAWAY?"
Yes, it just takes me a bit of rambling to get there...
I am giving away a 3 DISC Set of HawthoRNe-
HawthoRNe is a series based on one inspirational nurse's perspective on the complications of female identity - finding order and balance amongst a woman’s many roles. (I think she might even be busier than us!)

Sound like any of us?! I know I am certainly not the only busy mommy blogger out there! (In fact, some of you may giggle at the breeziness of my weekly schedule!)
To enter to win the 3 disc set of HawthoRNe?
Tell me- How do YOU handle the stresses that life throws at us? How do you juggle all that your schedule has in it? Do you find "me" time in there? What is your "me" time?
EXTRA ENTRY- TWEET about this giveaway and let me know (@trammisms)
Contest ENDS Wednesday, June 16th at 12 noon!
36 comments:
OOOOO My goodness I love this show. It is amazing!!! She is great!!!
I don't know that I DO get everything done. I don't. I am pretty sure of it. With school and work and Lorelli and Jennifer...I get WAAAY lost, sometimes. You, of all people, may know that one of the best because I cry about it all the time.
I don't have the luxury or another parent (YET) to help me out. But...I do have the world's best babysitters that I am going to miss like crazy.
Also...I sacrifice. I give up my own stuff. I don't watch tv. The only books I read are while I am going to the bathroom or school books. All my extra time goes to L. And I DO make dinner. That makes me feel great. I love to cook. And bake. And be in the kitchen. It is soothing to me. I love to go in the kitchen with no idea what to make - and come out 30-45 minutes later with not only dinner - but most likely - lunches for the next day!!!
ME TIME? What is THAT? Even when I have time alone, I don't know what to do with myself! It usually means I am forced out of the house, and I say forced b/c I would much rather have ME time in my house, all alone. But it's easier for the hubs to keep the kids @ home and me to go out. But... what do I do then? Window Shop? Disappointing. Coffee? Can only last so long. Movie? Sure ok, maybe if there is something good.
I'm a sad excuse for a woman!
i tweetered
Crazy schedules have left me well....crazy. So I am really making the attempts to get organized. I see our new house as a fresh start! I'm hoping to be able to plan my time better so that I can actually have some authentic me time!
I also tweeted about the giveaway @517butterfly
I have been wanting to watch this show!
Being a stay at home mom to a 10 year old and 18 month old, I really don't get a lot of "me" time. They keep me beyond busy. But I do take advantage of nap time to read blogs. That's my me time :)
Ahhhhhh, if only the hubs got home before 7. Sigh.
With the kids out of school my ME time is one two hour slot every two weeks (writing group). Because my husband can never tell me if he'll be home at 6, 8 or midnight (often he can't even tell me that morning if he'll be home), I live for the days my kids are in school.
Long summer ahead...
I haven't had a chance to watch this particular series. After watching the first two seasons of whatdoyoucallit? Oh, Grays Anatomy, I am utterly sick of that show. Nothing but morose affairs. Is Hawthorne anything like that?
Did I miss the post where you answered if you'd pick peanut butter over running...? :)
Well we aren't that busy. I'm not the typical stay-at-home mom who has something scheduled everyday for their child. Matter of fact, we save going out and about for days when Dwight is off work and we do as a family.
We don't and never have ever used a babysitter. We are very family oriented. Dwight doesn't get home until 6:30pm or after every night. We have dinner and I pass Andrew off to him while I clean dishes. We might go on a walk as a family or just relax watching tv.
I don't get me time. I love visiting my family or having them come here for a day or two just so I get a little break.
I tweeted @heely22
Let's see....how do I handle stress?...I don't, that's why I take pills. :) Every Friday my fellow homeschooling moms have mom's night out, so I try to make atleast one. Also we have park days every wednesday, so I go so I can talk with my fellow mommies while my kids run around like caged animals. :)
I have one of those giant desk calanders on the side of the fridge and I list everything. That way is there isn't enough time I can cross off grocery (heh). Actually when I turned 40 I decided not to sweat the small stuff. I finally realized no one is perfect and I'll just do my best. We had a party last week and one of my girlfriends asked why there was paint on the floor. I just shrugged and said that was part of the reno we hadn't gotten to yet. It very freeing :)
I've never heard of this show, but it sounds great!!!
How do I handle stress? I pray, pray, pray! And since I'm a stay at home mom, my schedule is very flexible. I think that plays a big factor. And yes, I do get "me" time! I also have a great husband who takes all the kids places so I can be alone, and I also have dinners with my girls every so often. I'm so low maintenance that I don't get antsy.
You definitely have a hectic schedule. I think you do a good job at making sure everything is balanced.
I love HawthoRNe! I don't have nearly as much to juggle as you, but I love my iCal--it keeps everything in order. I also make sure I take Nood to the dog park but in reality that is my "me" time. I love taking him there and watching him run and play.
I love this post. It's a great reminder to me that life is all about choices. If it's important enough, you'll find a way to do it. Good for you for knowing what to prioritize!! :)
I have never seen that show.. I will pass on the giveaway. But for my stress I love some chocolate, a hot bath, a walk, or shopping will do..
Happy Monday..
Like you said, we put our focus on the things that are more important and let some things slide...right now it is the mess that my house is, but I'd rather spend time with my kiddos than stress about having a spotless house!
My calendar links between my phone, Ray's phone and our home computer. It keeps us in "sync" for lack of a better word. The only must do is church. We prioritize. My only me time has been blogging and now, I can add running (jogging) and I stay on track by meeting up with friends to jog when we can.
I have never heard of this show but it sounds wonderful. Anything to balance stress would be great.
I am a very high strung person sometimes with stress. I prefer to take care of things right away and I try to over plan to limit the stress. I like you have a fabulous husband who helps out in so many ways. I also have a great brother who steps in whenever Donnie can't attend functions like ball games. My me time is blogging, gardening and walking. I am borrowing one of my gal pals double stroller so I love to take long walks in the morning with the kiddos. I am surprised how much stress these walks release.
Thanks for the chance!
Handle it all? Is that an option? I prefer to stomp my feet up and down, wave my hands around, and cry. But I would love to have a DVD to take me away from it all. You know, like Calgon...take me away! But in our era, not the era of long ago.
I make the kids take quiet time now that naps are over. They need to stay in their rooms for 30 minutes. They can play and listen to CDS. I just need a little time to relax. It works for us.
I definitely understand being so busy that sometimes you need to think about breathing.
My "me" time is to work on the Macaroni Kid.. yes I know its working but its relieving to me as well I'm finding things for my kids to do later on.. or I go to Borders grab a Cafe Mocha and a good book and veg.
Good drugs.
Since I'm not a Momma Blogger, I'll just 'lurk' a while. :)
I have never watched this show, but I heard it's great.
Our life is extremely busy. I have an almost 2-year girl. I work as a RN straight nights plus I have another RN job at another facility - both require commuting, one only 20 min, the other 1 1/2 - 2 hours depending on traffic. On top of working and being a mommy I am going to school full-time. My husband is a phy-ed teacher along with coach, so he is usually gone long hours.
How do we get by? Organization - I have our meals planned out for the week, with some frozen and ready to go. My husband is AMAZING! He has to get my daughter up and ready when I work and bring her to daycare. He also helps out with the laundry and cleaning. If we are both home, he usually does the cooking too. On top of helping with everything, he called me this afternoon as I was running around town and told me to stop and get a pedicure just because! I'm telling you - it was the PERFECT stress relief of the day!
Isn't it insane the amount we working moms pack in??
I've learned to let go of the little things, and as along as the kitchen and the family room and the bathrooms are clean, the rest just doesn't matter as much.
Sounds like a great shaw. Havenot seen it.
As for my stress I love to nap.
Wishing you a great day/week Sara!
Love and hugs,
B xx
p.s.
There are some upcoming awards, dear friend.
So stay in tune!
HawthoRNe is a great show! Would love to win the DVDs. The two things that help me "escape" stress the best are reading and knitting. Reading lets me be somewhere else and while knitting I can zen out and let my brain just work on problems subconsciously.
Busy is in the eye of the beholder. Some weeks we are so busy we can't seem to find time to breathe and then we have notta. I take it as is comes. I make my ME time part of my schedule. Like my work outs or "running" I do them at the end of the day after I have taken care of everyone else's needs. Dinner, house work, bedtime stories. I make spending time with my family a priority too, we do everything together that we can. But sometimes I like to send my boys off together anywhere just to have the house to myself for a half and hour.
oooooo!! what a great giveaway and topic! We don't have kids but we have a puppy to take care of. Usually i wake up early, at 6 walk lealu, martin is already out the door at work, I leave for work, during the day i do things like call contractors for the lakehouse or do homework when I have extra time. I go to the gym during my lunchbreak 4 days a week, and then eat at my desk in between calls lol. i get home at about 6:30 from work, martin is home at about 5 usually. i get home, make dinner, make lunches for the next day, (to save $ as we are diligently paying of my sl's) watch alittle tv, feed lealu and then pass out, and then 2 nights a week i have class so its alittle crazier. i always think about if/when we are blessed with children who in the world we would continue living like that, and i honestly don't think we would! i think i would go crazy! lol. so relax i drink wine and watch chick flicks, or I do yoga, or I get a chai and go window shopping (thats my fave)
"Me time" is what I aim for every day, but life tends to interfere with surprises some even good. I don't need any excuses to be sidetracked and have another option ready. I love having the choice of options.
thankfully my schedule isn't as stressed as yours or someone else's.
ME time comes sporadically though. not too often. but when we have girl's night out or something, ben is always good with watching the kids.
and the other way i cope?! ice cream. yes, i know that's SOOOO bad.
You're awarded! No award rules! LOL!
Pls come visit me.
Hope you have a great Wednesday, Sara!!
B xx
Post a Comment