Corey.
Yes, that is right. This past 5 days? Corey has been in Colorado for work.
Yep, it was just the boys and me. All alone. Which is why, of course, I didn't mention it here, on Twitter or on Facebook.
For obvious reasons, which I pointed out to Jazz when she was over on Tuesday.
Jazz is all, "Sara? Where is Corey? I see his car here."
"He is in Colorado."
"Colorado?!? why did I not know that?"
(Insert DUH here) "Because I did not tell anyone. I live in the 'country' with windows. and trees. and darkness at night."
"You thought the ax murderer would get you, didn't you? I can just see the ax murderer out in the bushes with his iph
one, checking your twitter and facebook updates and seeing you are alone!"
"Exactly."
I am glad she gets it, because Corey thought I was nuts. as did his admin assistant when I texted her and asked that she not mention it on FB, as she would be prone to do
(at E's Project SEEK class open house)
So, while Corey was attending workshops and other tech director stuff (armed with his ipad, iphone(s), and macbook...man has issues) in Denver...WE were playing, swimming, watching races, eating junk, going to classes, swimming, vegging out, hanging with grandma and grandpa and, well, shopping.
And now that he has text me and let me officially know he is on the ground here in Minnesota, I am safe to post of his absence. Unless in the hour it takes him to get home, someone sees this and gets me.
(whatever, I have 2 phones by my bed, a bat and a pyscho cat.)

48 comments:
Mac needs to pay your husband for the advertising.
Colorado is nice, but it looks like you had a lot more fun.
YAY for Corey being back home. I was thinking about you the whole time he was gone. And I was sending bad juju to the ax murderers in your area. Just so they would not EVEN DARE go near you!!!!
I am the same way! So glad an exe-murder did not get you. I hate it when my hubby travels. I sleep like crap and unfortunately it is going to be happening a lot more over the next 6 months.
looks like your summer is going well!! and i'm glad to hear you'll be safe and sound as soon as your husband gets home! :)
I agree, never announce you will be alone. You never know, quite a few creepers out there.
Glad he's back home. For what it's worth, I would do the exact same thing.
I think you are very smart not to mention he was gone. My husband read somewhere that you should never announce you are on vacation, etc....you never know who is watching. Glad there were no ax murderers around too. You have adorable boys.
That would be me! I wouldn't want to announce that my husband was out of town!!
YOu look super cute too!! Glad you had fun with your kiddos!
Totally understandable and I would do the same thing. The only thing worse than an ax murderer is one who stalks people and attacks when the husband is gone!
That water is sooo blue!
You crack me up! I gotta say, you're better than me. I wouldn't be able to stay alone for that long!
I love your paranoia. It's so much fun. (But I totally GET it!)
its always better to be safe then sorry... and lets face it... the world... not so nice a place like it use to be...
good girl
Glad he's now home and all is right with the world.
I'm the same way. You just never know. Glad he's home and all is back to normal.
It sounds like you are having a great summer. So fun!
Glad you made it out alive - both in avoiding any ax murdered and surviving with two little boys by yourself!
Looks like you had fun!
i do the same thing when austin's away. even though we live in the country....and you have to drive right past my highly nosey aunt and uncle who see EVERYTHING that goes on (except for the state troopers and the herd of horses that broke out a few weeks back...that seriously hurt their "burglar alarm" status") and my in-laws who live right next door to us. yep....40 acres of farmland and we have three houses right on top of each other!
Ha! I can soo relate. I am not a fan of being home alone and may or may not set up what some may call an obstacle course in case someone were to break in.
Glad he's home now....smart thinking, you can't be too safe!
lol you crack me up! but honestly I can understand. While posting and stuff online is fun to communicate and everything, there are ax murderers out there! some where I'm sure there is one. :) no but seriously you have to be careful about posting. Martin's been doing a few all nighters at work and if his parents weren't living right below us, I'd be more worried about writing that! Glad you guys had a fun summer so far and that your hubs is home!
I would do the same thing. You never know!
These pictures are fantastic!
What cuties and love the blue too.
Big hugs!
~B xx
Okay you are too funny.. A few weeks ago my husband was not home. I started to hear loud sounds. I was like I hope the puppy does not have to go out. I got up because I had to check on my little one. Nothing. I hop back in bed and hear more nosies. I just wanted to call someone to check my house.. It was crazy but it was just who knows what. I always think of you when I am alone and now I get scared.. Have a great first day of July..
We relish the weeks hubby is not here.
(Not that I don't love him dearly.)
The lack of required schedules to fit in with his work parameters mean PLAYTIME.
No regular meals, no restrictions. Fun.
Good safety measure, I think. Your paranoia makes me giggle, but I totally understand it!! :) It makes me giggle because I've been in that place before!
I bet you didn't want to tell anyone it was just you and the boys cause you were afraid of the ax mur#*....oh....I better not even say it!
Looks like you guys had fun without him! :)
You are too hillarious!!! I dont blame you one bit - you just never know anything for sure with the internet! Glad you had fun without him anyway!!
See . . . When you said Core was in Colorado for work I immediately thought of Ax Murderers. You know I would have thought of werewolves.
You are very wise to make sure people don't realize he was gone till after the fact. Plus, if you don't admit it, it's like he's not really gone, right? Maybe?
I'm with you ... you never know what kind of ax murderers are following!!!
Haha- you sure are sneaky. I probably wouldn't advertise if Chris was away either. Just common sense. You never know who is reading your blog, and whether someone might be reading who's a little too interested in you... I usually don't even tell what we're doing during the day until after we've already done it.
Whew! Glad you're safe and he's on his way home!
Sounds like so much fun!!! Glad to hear he is safe and sound (and so are all of you!)
FYI - do not ever watch The Strangers (starring Liv Tyler). Trust me!
haha....I am a little more forthcoming when my husband is out of town. But I definitely THINK I should keep it a secret from my FB and Blog followers who MAY or MAY NOT be axe murderers. You just never know. Glad you survived! :)
But you DID mention his absence on FB AND Twitter! Did you forget or was that a hacker?!?!?!?
Kidding!
Glad you survived without him!
LOL You are so funny! I understand your reasoning but it still cracks me up. Glad you had fun in his absence!
I am so glad that I'm not the only one with this insane worry that a murderer is going to get me in my sleep. We've been in our new house for a week or so and I haven't slept well one night (even with the Fiskars scissors under my pillow)!! Thank God ADT is here right now. :)
Ooooo it all makes sense now. :)
I would have been the same way! Looks like everyone had fun over the past week!
I totally understand not talking about Corey's trip on the blog. At least you will stay at home when he is gone. I go over to either my parent's or brother's house for a sleepover. Mainly because Trey loves sleepovers, alright I believe in ax murders as well.
I'm so relieved to see I'm not the only who thinks psychos are out there planning my demise the minute my husband leaves for a business trip. I make him put his suitcases in the car the night before he leaves in case someone's casing the house in the morning, waiting for him to leave.
You are hilarious! Nice pictures, by the way. And I too would probably not announce to the world and to all the ax murderers out there about my husband's absense, either... nights are scary enough!
Dude, totally understandable. I am SUCH a wuss!
LOL I do the same thing. Plus, I have a dog:)
I always freak out when my husband leaves, but then I am surrounded by people everywhere. Plus two security guards outside my building and a doorman. Like operation lock-down. I appreciate it though!
It sounds like you did much better than I do when i'm alone with the littles- good for you!! and welcome home, Corey!
By the way, will I be seeing you in August?? I certainly hope so!!
I'm glad no one found out.
I never put it on the internet when my husband is gone or when we are going out of town. Seems like that is asking for trouble!
hilarious. and i so would do the same thing!!
Awesome post. Love the pictures & the story. A little scary, but I think like you a lot....
hmmmm....great minds think alike, right!?! Have a great week!
This is the first blog I have read of yours (stumbled across it)... loved it, and had a good laugh out of sheer understanding! :D It's good to see all the fun going on; I think I shoud post much more of that (it seems while I'm having fun, I have a hard time finding time to post so many of mine are the introspective ones... Uggh!) Good for you, and way to be! :D
Post a Comment