I run because it's so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can't. But then you find your inner strength, and realize you're capable of so much more than you thought.
~ A.Blank
As my feet pound the pavement,
I feel my worries rushing away.
I let the stress roll from my shoulders,
My breath even out and
just run.
Why do I run?
Because I had a paralyzed brother, and watched him struggle to maneuver.
Because in high school I couldn't make it a lap around the track and didn't believe in myself.
Because it takes me to a quiet place, a place of solitude I wouldn't otherwise allow myself.
I run because I can.
33 comments:
great post.. I am glad you run. I like to walk my knees go wild if I run. I use to run when I was younger.. Not anymore.. I hope though to get back into is someday..
I have never been a runner, but lately I've been wanting to start. Just when I thought I'd give the Couch to 5K thing a try, I injured my foot. But I'm supposed to be OK at the end of July. Just in time for summer heat!
My BIL is running the 26K marathon in Seattle tomorrow. I can't run to save my life, but I hope someday to be able to walk fast!!
I admire you for what you are able to do. You are awesome!
love this!
i've always hated running....alot. in fact, i'm pretty sure i dedicated an entire post listing the reasons why i don't run. and then....i started to run. not much, mind you. i'm only up to a tidbit over a mile right now. i push myself a little further each week. so far, i've been going for about a month. oh my goodness....had i known the peace that i can achieve just be running, i would have started years ago. i love the quiet....i love clearing my head....and i love to see myself hit my goal distance every morning (or stretch that goal!)
Love that quote. Running isn't always easy, but that's why it's also so wonderful. I don't like hearing people tell me how much they hate running because it's so tiring and so much work. I want to tell them to buck up, gain some pride and self respect, and work hard for something for once!
Great post. I love the "I run because I can."
I often look at runners and wish I was one. I am one of those who couldn't/can't make it a lap around the track. I have no stamina and blame asthma:-)
this is why i love reading your blog. :)
I miss running so much but I remember how great it is to empty your mind and put everything into perspective x
Well run on over here...
if you can.....
I think your last sentence says it all about a lot of things, not just running...because I can.
Very cool post.
I love this post dearly. You can do anything! Keep moving forward.
Having run 7 miles today, in blazing hot sun at 2:00 and nearly fainting, I wondered the same thing. I think your reasons justify the cause.
I thought running would do the same for me, but walking seems to fit the bill. You have much stronger reasons, though. Keep running! <3
All excellent reasons.
:)
~Keri
You make me want to start running...almost. It's 90-some degrees here. Runners would turn to liquid.
Great post! I love running, although I am not as faithful to it as I should be. Unfortunately, I am on the treadmill only now because it will be too hot to run outside until October. (Arizona)...but I'll take what I can get!
Would love to have you visit me at
http://LesaSpeaksOut.com
Yes, so true! When I run I picture the stress falling off of me with each step, the sweat releases my body's negative stuff and when I return I feel awesome!
I run because so many can't. I run because I never thought I could. I run because I can think through things. I run because my running partner is counting on me. And I run because with my r.p. it's free therapy.
Go for it!
Here is a question for you, since you are so afraid of the infamous ax murderer, do you think of him while you are running? I am always afraid when I have headphones on or when it is dark that the ax murderer is going to get me. What do you think?
~Meg @ "Through the Roses"
You just make me want to start running!
Love this post, Sara!!
Big hugs!
~B xx
Do it for those of us that can't!!
Well said! I'm a runner too, it makes me a better Momma and gives me time to think! Looking forward to reading more, I'm a new follower!
Wonderful post. I totally agree with you just being outside walking with my kiddos in the stroller is one of the happiest places in the world for me.
I hope you have a great weekend!
I love it. I run for many of the same reasons.
Love it, Sara. You go girl :)
I definitely understand the feeling when I'm running further than I used to be able to...too bad that feeling is pretty infrequent:)
....you make me want to run:)
I love it! I wish I could run but my knees are horrible. I've been walking and zumba'ing though.
Love this, I'm horribly at exercising and I want to be better. I just can't embrace running but last time I was good at it for a few months, i saw results!
I used to run years ago. I loved headphones full of great music when that runner's high kicked in. One day, I just might have to get back into it again.
Post a Comment