14 days...
9 states... (Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah and California)
1 jar of peanut butter...
Many, many towns... (Durango, Loveland, Estes Park, Trinidad, Fort Collins, San Jose, Cupertino, Reno, Lake Tahoe, Park City to name a few!)
Lots of sightseeing (Estes Park, Capulin Volcano, Highway of Legends, Million Dollar Highway, Google and Apple headquarters, and other random tourist places)
lots of fun, eating, swimming, exploring, fun and 5,830.4 MILES and one sore bumlater...
We are home! Core took about 1,000 pics, so I while I'd love to share them all with you, I won't. I mean, who doesn't want to look at 450 pics of rocks and trees, right?
**and yep, Asher is wearing a John Deere shirt every day but one. I packed 13, the kid is obsessed.**


It was getting dark, as we raced across the salt flats...


See Michelle? He exists, he just dislikes me posting pics of him.





Give 2 grown men a go-kart? They will race and crash.


No mountain goats fell off in the taking of this picture. In fact? They are designed to do this.

Sand dunes. July. No clouds, noonish. 140 degree sand. Enough said?
If you were to look real close here? You'd see my burning, inflamed, red feet.
Beautiful Estes Park


Towards the top of Estes Park (yes, I am that detailed)

Water break in Lake Tahoe!


Yes, it worked.
No, you couldn't text on it.



47 comments:
Gorgeous pictures! Looks like an amazing trip.
Glad you're back and had a good time. Love the caption on the pay phone picture, lol!
(My seven-year-old wears Hello Kitty shirts. Every. Day. I understand. :-) )
Welcome back! It looks like you saw some beautiful places (Apple included of course- haha).
Welcome back! Looks like an awesome trip!!!
LOL over the John Deere shirts. That kid cracks me up!
It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Your kids will remember that trip for the rest of their lives (you, too). So cool.
The sand dunes look amazing. Even though it was burning hot outside, what an awesome experience.
The family photo of with the mountains in the background is beautiful. Perhaps a Christmas card?
Glad to hear you had fun and arrived back safely. :)
Wow! What a trip.
Nothing like a great road trip! I liked that you had a positive spin on the trip, focusing on what was great, and not crafting it to be nothing buy kid and driving hassles. I really appreciate that!
Looks like a fun trip! I also love Estes Park. When B was a baby we lived in a tiny mountain town outside Estes Park. It was beautiful!
Absolutely amazing pix.
Looks like you all have a fabulous time.
Big hugs!
B xx
I always figure that if you return from a trip with the same number of kids you left with, you are a saint.
What a fun trip. My husband would have been all over the apple stuff.. I am off to read and catch up on things..
Your road trip sounds amazing to me. I'm sure there was stress along the way, but it seems there is no better way to see the country!
What a fun family trip! And so cool you got to meet Ashley!
Looks like tons of fun! But also tiring. Glad you're back!
Girl!!!! You were totally in my neck of the woods!!!!
I wish I had known! Park City is a 20 minute drive from me.
What a trip! Love all the pictures!
Wow!! How exciting!! Man I wish I still lived in CALI...totally woulda went and seen you! LOL! XOXO glad it was super fun!
Welcome back! I'm jealous of the 13 John Deere shirts---I just have one:)
Now that there is a trip! I would need a month to recuperate afterwards.
Glad you made it safely home. The photos look like it was the trip of a lifetime.
What a trip! I'm sure you need a few days to recoup!
I feel the same way! Thinking about blogging about my trip is almost as exhausting as the trip itself!
drooling over the mountains...
Love the pics! Glad you had a great time and glad you're home:)
It looks like you guys had a monopoly on fun...
I've been wondering where you have been. Great times, it appears.
Glad to hear you made a stop in my favorite Utah town, Park City.
It looks like you had an amazing trip! Beautiful pictures-I especially love the family picture!!! You need to frame that one!
Glad you made it home and had a good trip. Great photos. The one of the person on the ledge made me a little queasy.
I was beginning to wonder if you were ever coming home! And only 1 jar of peanut butter in 14 days????? You big liar!!!!! :O)
All the pictures are great!
HOW AWESOME!! Makes me want to jump in the car and road trip it! Guess I need to wait until the little ones are bigger. :)
You are lookin good girl!!... All tan and fit!
I love the fact that your child wore the same type of shirt... John Deere the whole trip. Love it!
Wow what beautiful pictures and what an awesome road trip vacation!! you and Ashley look fabulous! and wow those salt flats look crazy! I've never been on one of those. Thanks for sharing these awesome pics!
so glad you guys had a great trip. i love the family shot of you four. christmas card???!!!
Woah! I haven't seen a phone booth in years!!!
Looks like it was a fantastic trip! You were in my neck of the woods!! ;-)
It looks so amazing!! What a perfect family holiday!! You just need a holiday to recover now ;-)
Not only does he exist - but he is HOT - go you for snagging a hottie :)
thanks for stopping by.
oh it look like you had fun! that mountain shot is awesome, beautiful colors!
Bet you are glad to be home!
Thanks for your sweet comment today.. Have a great day..
Welcome back! Can't believe you kept the PB consumption to one jar - nice!
Love your pictures - that family shot with the mountains in the background would make a FABULOUS Christmas card picture - it is wonderful!
So many incredible pictures! Looks like despite the sore butt you had one fabulous trip. Welcome Home
Sounds like you had a great time, and the pictures are amazing - I love that great shot of your entire family - just gorgeous, frame it! :)
Love all the photos. Looks like you all had a blast. I love your family photo, you have a beautiful family!
hey i made it on your blog! how exciting!! :)
I really need to understand everyone's obsession with my hair because I am ready to cut it all off! haha you are the 3rd or 4th person who is like "gah the hair! its amazing!" and I'm like "really? cuz it drives me nuts and takes forever to actually do when i actually do it." haha
anyway, it was so fabulous to meet you!! now I'm gonna steal the picture so i can post about meeting you too!!
:)
Missed you. Happy you're back.
Looks like a wonderful trip, Sara! That pic of the boys in the tree is one to frame! So cute!
And hey...I saw a lady using the payphone at the grocery store the other day and I did a double take. I was like "what...she doesn't have a cell phone?". But then thought maybe she forgot it at home like I usually do. Your pic of the phone booth reminded me of that little story.
Great family pictures you'll have to cherish!
LOooove the pictures. So glad you guys had such an awesome tiem!
Great pictures! Looks like a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment