Picture the scene:
Poor, innocent me laying on the floor, groaning.
Corey walks in, "Uh, why are you laying on the floor?"
"Is it not obvious? I'm dying here"
.
long pause....(I can totally tell he is deciding whether this would be a good opportunity to grab my bum or some other thing that will get him intensely injured at this time.)
"Why are you dying today?" (whatever, not like I am a hypocondriac who always has something)
"What is a kmama and why is it killing you?"
"Kmama is a person and she is responsible for this intense pain I'm in."
Core walks over and grabs his iPad, sits down, and settles in for the long haul.
(most likely to email Kmama and tell her how much pain I am in and ask how she could do this to the love of his life) Or check his email.
Obviously he is not worried about my intense pain.
"Do tell," he asks.
I do believe I shall.
"You see, Kmama wrote this post about fiber, and it got me thinking, you know, how we should up our fiber intake. So, when we went to the grocery store, I bought bread with extra fiber. And? Mixed benefiber in my water. You know, to make sure I was getting my RDA.
(okay, 'technically' I should point our here that Kmama had pointed out the ISSUES with too much fiber, but in my mind? I see "Fiber= Good for you" and stop there)
So, I had about 19 grams of fiber in an hours time.
(cue intense pain I am now in)
Seriously!? I notice at this point he has pulled out the iPad and is looking at stuff. Hurumph.
Me? I continuted to lie there in pain, as the boys walked around me, and I thought of the dinner I had just eaten.
Yes, the one where I had consumed 25 grams of fiber.

38 comments:
Hahahaha. Yes, I warned of TOO MUCH fiber. I still giggle thinking about you and all that fiber!
HAHAHA!!!!!! That's a bit too much fiber, my dear. :)
All or nothing. Not good when you're talking fiber. I'm sure I've done something equally stupid (I mean, uneducated, yeah) but luckily nothing comes to mind. You'll just have to trust me.
Ouch!!!! hahahaha you poor thing!!!!
I bet I know where your next stop was....lol!
Haha! Good luck for the next week!
My coworker brought in this giant container of Fiber Therapy. Why he would bring that into our office, where we do nothing but love and mock each other, is beyond me.
Ohhhhh, I feel your pain. I've been there more often than I like to admit. Do yourself a favor and have a low-fiber day today.
I feel your pain. Been there many times as things move a little slowly in my neck of the woods (TMI???)!
The men not ever taking your health issues seriously, I just don't get. One sniffle and they have you up all night.
Hope you're feeling better!
Moderation in all things. If you want to stay off the floor.
Oh hahaha! That is too funny!!!!
Sounds like something I would do. Hope you got rid of it.
you are so funny!!!
although not pewping is no laughing matter!! hope it "passed" ahem
If it's fiber you want, just start eating hay...it's a lot cheaper. ;)
Oh man, talk about intense cramping, right?? But I do the same thing...when I want to try to eat more healthfully I go all out...and I usually pay for it in the same manner.
oh yikes...that does not sound good at all. Hope it went away quickly.
Oh know that is just no fun or good. I hope you feel better today.. I bet you won't do that again..
Be Careful..
Oh goodness, that does not sound good.
Man, that's quite the experience! I'll bet you're simply pooped now.
Oh dear...
YIKES!!!!! As a teacher you should know better than to just skim something you are reading :) This one came back to bite you in the butt (ha!)
Those Fiber One bars will just send me over the edge (of the toilet) for days! I've had to stop eating them like granola bars.
oh ouch that does not sound like the story is going to "end" very well....
sorry for your pain, some lessons are learned the "hard way"
ha!
first of all i'm laughing b/c your hubby reacted the same way mine would.
hmmm...so sad, but true. =)
2nd of all i've had my share of 'rough' moments with too much fiber. i tried those fiber one bars and the cereal and ate them in the same day!!
serious cramping and (ahem) GAS!!!!
painful....
this too shall pass.....hee-hee
I love the empathy your husband does NOT show. hehehehe
I'm pretty sure you're on the other side of that debacle by now, but oh, you poor dear. That had to be one stinky situation. ;)
oh geez...when are you gonna learn!
Next time remember...everything in moderation! You don't ever start out by eating the entire jar of PB do you????....okay, well maybe that was a bad example!
Youch, sounds painful! And I'm sorry, but I laughed!
Ouch that doesn't sound good at all!!! Feel better soon!! xx
I'm laughing only because I've been there and it's funny :)
Oh my! :)
Sounds like you and your toilet had a fun night.
Holy Cow! Made for a good blog post tho :)
Hey Sara...wat up..friend...im still trying to get around to my favs...Thanks for stopping by..I guess you got my email...Wooo Hooo...so about the fiber...I also see it as good...overdose can happen easily...maybe you could "share" a little with the hubs in the early morning juice...he may get the drift...wink, wink..!let me know..!
I feel for you, with every fiber of my being!
Holy crap, that is a ton of fiber. I mean, a large amount of fiber. I would have been moaning too.
I'm so jealous! I swear I could eat twice that amount in one sitting and nothing happens! Nada! Zip! Ah to have bowels that did not betray me, read:wish I could poop more than twice a week!
But this was funny. Loved the dialogue between hubby and you. I like how you barely got any sympathy. If the situations had been reversed though!!!!
OMG, too much fiber!!! Not a good thing.
Ouch, girl! I doubt you'll make that mistake again!
This is hilarious....only because I myself have done the XYZ=good for you and stopped there. thing too. And the visual images ore fantastic!
Post a Comment