8.18.2010

Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday

This is my first time participating in Shell's P.Y.H.O.W
Dedicate this one to my sister. I am having a hard
time coming up with words on how to describe her and what she means in my life.
So, to the sister who sat along side me as we waited for news on our brother's car accident.
The sister, who drove around with me after my brother died, both of us in the car, crying. We talked, we cried, we shared stories about Brian. We thanked God that we had each other.
Who would drop anything to come around if one of my boys was sick, or we needed anything. There to talk, help me deal and laugh if I needed it.
Who bends backwards to help us out when needed, and is always a gracious hostess.

P,
I have watched you grow and mature over the last few months in ways that make me so incredibly proud to call you my sister. Your insight, vision and clarity are amazing. No, life isn't always what we expect, but you make the most of it.
I am excited to see what life has in store for you, because I know it is going to be amazing.
I love you. (even if I don't think some of our, well, body proportions were evenly distributed among the family genes.)

post signature

44 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

What a sweet post.

It makes me wish that I had a sibling.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written Sara. My thoughts are with you and your family. Though sometimes you learn to live with such a loss I dont think one can ever 'get over it', so to speak.

God bless
Take care
Kate Collings
xx

www.katecollings.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

So, so sweet. I always wished that I had a sister. You two look so much alike.

Di said...

That's so sweet. Sisters are the best gift ever. My middle sister is one of my best friends!

Kmama said...

What sweet things to say about your sister. Like Sarah above, I wish I had a sister.

And you two really do look a lot alike!

Cool Gal said...

That is so touching. Your sister sounds amazing and you're lucky to have her in your life. I wish I would have had a sister. Such a close bond.

Sara said...

Sisters are amazing aren't they?! I couldn't survive without mine!

Trish said...

how touching! You guys look SO much alike. I would have loved to have a sister to grow up with. You are a very lucky girl!

Kaci said...

Sisters are the best! =) XOXO

Nicole said...

that was beautiful! Your sister sounds like an amazing part of your life. My sister is incredibly special to me too, this makes me think of her and want to call her now! :)

Mrs. M said...

There were never such devoted sisters! I am so happy you two have each other!! Beautiful post!

Mrs. B said...

What a sweet post! You're very lucky to have one another!

Shell said...

Such a sweet post! You are lucky o have a sister like that!

Kristina P. said...

I wish I had this type of relationship with my sister.

Lori said...

What a special relationship!!

Anonymous said...

this is just another exmaple of how awesome you are... and there is two of you....


I bet its hard to be around both of you at the same time with all that beauty in one place...

*winks*

Teachinfourth said...

Family can be the greatest blessing or the worst curse…glad to know that you were blessed.

Stephanie said...

This was a bit of a tear jerker! So sweet. There is nothing that beats the power of the love of a sister:)

Kameron said...

Aww, I hope she reads your blog. It is always nice to know you're appreciated. Oh, and don't worry. i've always been jealous that my sister got the boobs too! ha!

Chandra said...

Awwww!

I love my sisters like no other too! What would we do without them?

The Lil' Sister P said...

I know I don’t comment much as I use Google Reader, and I’m lazy about actually going to someone’s blog, but I did have to come over and comment.

Thank you! This was honestly one of the best things I’ve ever read. Over all the hard times I’ve had in my life, in the past and lately, you’ve shown me wonderful support and understanding, far more than I ever believed possible that anyone would ever give me. Thank you for being there so many times as I grew up, learned life lessons (good and bad), and look to the future. I know life is going to be great, especially as I have you there to support me every step I take, cheering me on without judgment. I love you too!

Crystal Escobar said...

Oh that was great Sara. I had no idea you lost your brother, what a tough thing that must be. It's nice to see that you and your sister have such a close relationship. I love it!

Life Without Pink said...

What a beautiful post to your sister. I am sorry that you had to go through something so horrible but thankfully you both have each other :)

Foursons said...

Y'all are beautiful! Give sister a ((hug)) from me. If she won't think it's weird or anything.

Miller Racing Family said...

What a sweet post. Sounds like you have an amazing sister.
Hope you have a blessed day!

Farah Jasmine said...

This is just how I am with my sister. I love her with all of my heart. Aren't sister's the best??

**hug**

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Sisters are the greatest! I have two of 'em, and they're my best friend :)

Jamie said...

very sweet. sisters are the best!

Liz Mays said...

That was so wonderful and I am so happy that you have a sister so close and so caring!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a sweet tribute to your sister!

Heather said...

Gotta love sisters!!! Very sweet post!

Staci said...

Sisters are awesome! I am the oldest of 3 girls and although my middle sister and I fought alot growing up (we were only 3 1/2 years apart...the "baby" is 13 years younger than me, we really became good friends the older we got. I love them both and can talk to them about anything. I am so glad my girls have sisters...I feel sorry for my son though not having a brother :(

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a beautiful post! I couldn't make it without my sis!

{Kimber} said...

such a sweet post...I have always wished I had a sister :(

Cheeseboy said...

So nice that you have such a loving and kind sister/friend in your life.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sweet post. She sounds wonderful.

Roxy said...

I'm sure she appreciated your words... having a sister is a blessing...and we all need to be reminded of that!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful...you are both lucky to have each other..I hope my teen and 21 yo feel that way too later in life..!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you gave me chills
Mr Monkey

Emma said...

That's a lovely post.....almost makes me wish I had a Sister instead of 3 brothers ;-) xx

Meghan said...

This absolutely makes me want to call my sister right now!

The Urban Cowboy said...

I want to sound witty, I too lost a brother so I truly empathize with you, but all I can think of is...is she single, and does she like cowboys?

jayayceeblog said...

Sisterhood! Brings tears to my eyes!!!

Betty Manousos said...

Wow how did I miss this post?
Two beautiful ladies!
What a sweet post, Sara!
Love ya!

B xx