8.25.2010

You Might be a Runner...

If...

...This looks pretty normal to you

...You have more than one tube of body glide (or know what body glide is)

...You can have a conversation with other running women about the best brand of running shorts, which leads into a conversation on your favorite fit of Gap jeans

...You can talk cosmetics and lost toenails in the same conversation as well, and decide lost toenails are, in fact, super sexy

...You have an equal number of career and running shirts

...You have a long, intense conversation about the running swag at different races, and which race shirt has the best fit for women

Have one of your own to add?!

post signature

51 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the loss of toe nails.

jayayceeblog said...

I am so not a runner ... I'm a reader. Paper cuts anyone?

Kristina P. said...

I am definitely not a runner! :)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Nope, not a runner. Definitely not a runner ;)

Kmama said...

Soooooooooo not a runner. LOL

Laura Marchant said...

Ok, I may have run my first 5k every this past spring but this post just proves to how much of a not runner I am, lol

Anonymous said...

Obviously I'm not a runner... :-(

{Kimber} said...

well...it's official...I am NOT a runner {not a big shocker here}

but body glide DOES sound exciting but not for it's intended purpose...guess that makes me a FREAK!!

The Urban Cowboy said...

Never been a runner, I was a power lifter...so I can relate to this, but what in the world is body glide? It sounds like something you would use after running?

Anonymous said...

I am soooo a runner!!! Great list!

Anonymous said...

Ok I used to be a runner...or jogger I should say...now the only thing I can say is that I can not even talk when i am running...it takes too much of my breath...I need to concentrate...
BwHahahaha..!...oh I do know a little about running shoes..does that count..?

Unknown said...

great list =)

i think swag would have to be the best part of a race =)

The Stiffs said...

I can't believe that I can say I now know what body glide is. What happened to me?

Kirsten said...

...when you can discuss the whole runner's stomach and not flinch.

Foursons said...

Yeah, so I'm not a runner and when I read Body Glide I think of something that has nothing to do with running but just may get your heartrate up anyways.

Barbaloot said...

And I clearly am not a runner:)

Venassa said...

I'm definitely not a runner. Or even a slow jogger. I'm just one of those people who rushes everywhere, but never breaks into a run.

Tara said...

Yep, Body Glide sounds a little kinky to me! Obviously not a runner...

Jamie said...

when you wear a cute bracelet to cover your garmin tan line :)

Great list!

Sarah said...

Yep to all six. Guess I can join the club! And Body Glide totally sounds kinky if you don't know what it is. I'm laughing out loud about that!

Other signs of a runner:
-Shameless disclosure and even advertisement of various, um, digestive/bathroom issues related to running.
-Ability to gross anyone out simply by removing your socks (though you kind of covered that with the lost toenails!)

Preppy in Pink said...

ok, I'm stumped. What is body glide?

Nicole said...

well i've never been in a race before or a marathon but i'm working on being a runner! 4 times a week now i run 1.6 miles on my lunchbreak!

Tina said...

How about the fact that you regret making fun of fanny packs because you now wear something similar to carry water bottles?
Or, you get giddy when the temperature hovers right around 55 degrees - perfect for a run!
You keep a log of how many miles a particular pair of running shoes has on it...
You have your neighborhood mapped out so that you know exactly where to turn around to get in 5, 6 or 7 miles.
And finally, your spouse buys you at least one item of running gear for your birthday or anniversary each year!
I so wish we lived closer!

Tina said...

I also want to add this - you laugh when someone posts on Facebook that they ran 3 miles on their treadmill!

The Mother said...

Do I WANT to know what body glide is?

~*Michelle*~ said...

I feel happy that I could join in the lost toenail convo....but is it OK that mine was due to a pitchfork?

xox


*~Michelle~*

Amy said...

I am not a runner but I do support you in what you do..
Have a great day..

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wish I could, but a bum knee does not a runner make.

Cheeseboy said...

You save at least one of your son's spiderman bandaides for your nipples because they have special powers that guard against chafing.

I am a runner. I have missed two straight days and the runner's guilt is creeping in.

Cool Gal said...

I love to run, but have never lost a toenail. Maybe that happens one you pass 6 miles (All the farther I've gone.)??

Did I tell you I'm considering Grandma's? I don't know. Bouncing the idea around.

Betty Manousos said...

Wish I could! But..

Have a great day!

B xx

Di said...

I only run if the dog happens to get away or I am being chased. I'm sure it will happen a little more often once Jellybean comes out and is mobile.

Amy said...

Thanks for your sweet comment today. I hope you have an amazing day..

Debbie said...

Body Glide sounds like something I'd read on a blog with a giveaway from some "personal" company:)

Chandra said...

I don't know that I call myself a runner...not sure if I can go that far but I do run everyday and love it. I know what Body Glide is because I work for a sports medicine manufacturing co. that makes a 'competative' brand...ours is 'skin lube'...just might be the worst name EVER for a product!

Great post...maybe one day I will be able to relate to HALF of what's on there!

Helene said...

I knew I wasn't a runner when I tripped over the pavement within the first 5 minutes. I'll stick to walking at a fast pace, thank you.

Meeko Fabulous said...

Body glide made me giggle . . . I'm not even gonna lie. LoL!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Body glide huh?

Sounds kinda kinky.

Trish said...

body glide???? I don't even wanna know!

Alicia O. & the gang said...

You know you're a runner when:

You crawl out of your skin when the weather is cool, calm and sunny and you CAN'T get out for a run...

Your knees can 'tell' when you need to get new shoes...

and yes...your toenail paint looks suspiciously bumpy...b/c there is no nail...just skin!

when you forget your body glide and are almost a little proud of some minor chaffing...

you can discuss the items of your running outfit that have been lost before to a mid-run bathroom break in the woods/prairie....

Sick..I know.

Kaci said...

Oooo I thought of one...but your readers have me rolling!

Baby wipes not just for babies...they make good after run wipe downs!

You use a towel for over your car seat so you don't get your seat sweaty for the drive home.

Oooo and I just bought my first bottle of Body Glide...I was using just regular vaseline but it stains.

=) You love me.

Amy said...

Have a great weekend..

Jamee @ A New Kind of Normal said...

Ugh! I miss running!!!!! One day my doctor will get me figured out (hopefully!)

Angela said...

Hi Sara!

So neat you found me on Nikki's blog! Very cool :) Yes, the C25K plan is wonderful!!! I am now starting my 3rd week and totally enjoying it. I can't wait until I'm running 30 minutes. I did Cross Country in HS and have attempted to get consistent with running multiple times-- earlier this year, Jan to March I was very good. Think I'll be more successful with this plan. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I look forward to following you!

~Angela @ "Cast and Catch"

Teachinfourth said...

Thanks for giving me yet more reasons NOT to become a runner…unless I'm being chased by a bear, a gang with chains and guns, or a pack of hungry wolves.

Meghan said...

LOVE THIS POST! How about adding:

...You can get up at 5:00 am and put in several miles in a total downpour and think nothing of it? :)

Roxy said...

if you have to pee and are willing to go ANYWHERE...hoping for trees or cover....so you can just keep going and FINISH the run!
If you get up BEFORE most people on a SATURDAY morning to get the "long run in" before the sun melts you!

Sandra said...

How about: you complain that your time for the half marathon was only 9 minutes faster than last years (which was 1h50min)...no, not me, I only wish I could complain about this...but I have heard women complain about this...

Amy said...

So proud of you for running so much. I see you are at it again. Way to go.. Have a great Sunday..

bohomamasoul said...

How about this one: when you have 7 different kinds of socks for different running situations and weather?

Or: you have had more blisters on your feet than miles you've actually ran in a lifetime?

Or: your LIGHT run of the week is a 5-miler.

I've been a runner since high school, and since I've been pregnant this time, I've really missed it. I know you CAN run while pregnant, but I'm one of those ladies that uses it as a time to take a break. I still walk and do yoga, but I cannot wait to get back on the saddle.

My Body Glide is lonely in the medicine cabinet.

Together We Save said...

Oh no..... I am not a runner and I really have no idea what most of this is. LOL