9.08.2010

And We're Back...

You know you are back in school when you have conversations like this:

Me (to a 2nd grader): Hey sir, how is your new dog doing?

Boy: Ahh, not so well actually.

Me: Oh, why is that?

Boy: He keeps running away. We are going to get a shock collar for him. My mom and I think it is because he needs to be fixed. He humps everything. Well, actually, he mostly just humps me. But he humps me all the time.

Me: Oh.

post signature

58 comments:

Cool Gal said...

They are so brutally honest. LOL!

Cass said...

No Filters! Got to love it.

Sarah said...

Awesome! The best thing about working with kids is the funny stories you get out of it. And your students are older than mine. I can only imagine the kinds of things you hear!

Foursons said...

Bwhahahahahaha. So glad a 2nd grader knows what humping is.

Kristina P. said...

Bahahaha! That is hilarious!!

Pres. Kathy said...

Kids say the funniest things!

Crystal Escobar said...

Haha, kids say the darndest :)

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

HAHA!!!! I love kids. They say the wildest things. :)

alison said...

since this is my first year at the elementary level, i am only just now discovering the wealth of "wisdom" these kids have! i have laughed so much (in between gnashing my teeth and pulling my hair out!) so far this year.

Amy said...

Oh my that is an interesting thing for sure.. Have a great day. Enjoy the year.

Tara said...

Oh. Just oh? Was that the best you could come up with today?!?! :~D

The Stiffs said...

I am so happy you are back at school with stories like this. I would so be your room mom! Move to TN would ya'?

AiringMyLaundry said...

Haha! Kids can say the funniest things.

Kirsten said...

Oh, little minds and little conversations can bring big laughs or big quizzical looks.

Furry Bottoms said...

Hehehe that made me giggle!

Teachinfourth said...

That's why I don't own a dog…

Gotta love some of the things kids say (unless you're the parent) in a crowded (or not so crowded) room.

Angela said...

hahaha That is so funny!! Thanks for sharing!

Hope you're having a great first week of school! I'm thinking about all of you teachers out there :)

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

That is hilarious. Did you crack up or were you able to hold your composure?

Kaci said...

LMAO!!! Oh dear!

Anonymous said...

I bet it is hard to keep your composure....I know I could not....What fun you must have...incidentally...my dog was fixed and he still humps everything...even me...and my Mom when she puts her leg out when she is sitting...shes 78 and it is hysterical...at first she was like.."whats he doing"..with a crazy face...now when Granny comes over...we're like....
"Ozzy... Granny's heeeeeere"...and we crack up at her reaction...

Kmama said...

LMAO! I love the innocence of kids. ;-)

Trish said...

next time....just don't ask!
:O)

Anonymous said...

Bwwaaha. How did you not laugh? Years of practice?

Nicole said...

lol its like stream of consciousness talking!! Glad you're back! I must be nice to be in the classroom!

The Mother said...

So that's one kid who won't suffer from having no sex ed in high school.

Anonymous said...

oh thats so funny bless there hearts.... *grins*





and yours...

Mrs. B said...

That's hilarious! haha! It seems like you're going to have an interesting year!

Chandra said...

Thank the Lord I had already swallowed my sip of coffee because I'm quite sure I would have spit it out all over my computer while laughing my arse off!

Cute! You have to love how honest they are...unless of course they are giving away your family secrets such as my 3rd grader does, GAWD nothing is sacred!

Betty Manousos said...

LMAO! I'm amazed at how kids can say the funniest things!

B xx

Amy said...

Happy Thursday the week is almost over..

Anonymous said...

Too funny... ha ha...

Anonymous said...

Too funny... ha ha...

Annsterw said...

Thanks for sharing that!! That is classic - it must be fun to hear things like that everyday!!!
My sister teaches kindergarten and they tell the parents "we will believe 50 percent of what they say about you if you do the same for us"...LOL!!!!

Together We Save said...

Oh my... the things kids will say!

Stephanie said...

LOL You can learn a lot talking to kids. Sometimes too much;)

Liz Mays said...

Honestly, that is a conversation NOT worth having! ;)

Laura Marchant said...

Goodness I miss teaching! That is just too funny.

Mama4Real said...

WOW. That's awesome!!!

King J's Queen said...

Bwahahahahaha! Oh my.

Loukia said...

Haha! Hilarious! Oh, the things you must hear in a day!

Nadine2point0 said...

Oh my gosh this is so funny. My husband teaches grade 8 but has many encounters with the younger ones and I HAVE to show him this.
Great blog - just found it.

KELLY said...

Really like your blog -- found you at Cool Gal's "It's the World I Know.

Farah Jasmine said...

HAHAHAHAHA That's awesome!

Michelle Pixie said...

Makes you glad you asked! LMAO

Maude Lynn said...

Oh, his mom would be mortified!

Holly said...

That's the thing about kids. They just tell it like it is.

Cheeseboy said...

Ha ha! THat is so stinkin' funny!

Reminds me of the time one of my first graders was crying all day. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "my dog got hit by a car and died last night". I asked what it's name was and she said "lucky".

BTW, I just posted a video of me getting my arm hair waxed. Hurt like heck.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Poor kid. HA!

Amber Page Writes said...

My dog did that when I was little. I had no idea though. I just thought he was playing.

Poor kid.

Papa K said...

Kids say the derndest things...

Emma said...

Yep the first week of school is fun ;-)

Kameron said...

Poor kid but that is funny anyway!! Kids need to lear the concept of TMI!

Miller Racing Family said...

Oh, my you are going to have to tell that little guy thanks for the laugh.
My parents have a dog that humps everything and lets just say it is a little embarassing!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

LOL, Aren't kids great?

Michelle said...

LOL, Aren't kids great?

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

LMAO! That is hilarious!

jayayceeblog said...

What a hoot! Families with pets definitely start sex education earlier!!!

Mrs. M said...

Haha! Gotta love the honesty of children!!