You know, make it through one long vacation without some type of Sara Moment. The boys and I went with my parents, sis and nephew to Wisconsin Dells over the long weekend. We swam, played mini golf, rode go-karts, rock climbed (fine, they it was a fake rock wall), did a ropes course, ran 15 miles (fine, only me, because no one else is nuts enough to do it with me), toured uptown and had a blast!




See this shot of E playing in the water? Well looks are deceiving. This? This ride is The Swimsuit Ripper. You think they would have a sign warning innocent women that this ride will cause both the top and bottom of your suit to fall down, leaving you sitting in the water, trying to put it back on while a crowd watches. I sat there on Saturday, watching all the people go through waiting....waiting...waiting...for it to happen to someone else as well. Just because I didn't spot anyone else with the same problem, it doesn't convince me. The lifeguard was awfully fast and adept with that towel cover up.
Luckily for the rest of the people at the pool, I don't let my spazziness end there. The next day, I had put my suit top on, but not the bottom. Forgetting this, guess who began to drop their shorts at the pool? My kids are so going to be warped one day
(Yes, and while I'd love to show more pics, hubs can't get them off the camera for some reason. I'll post 'em on FB later.)
Finally? On a *HaPpY* note, I did another 20 mile run today and it went awesome! I think the cooler weather, cloud cover and beautiful breeze helped. I also went out not saying that I "had" to run 20. I wanted to get in 15-20, so there was no pressure to have to do 20, which was nice. It really helped restore my confidence before the next marathon! On that note? I am off to bed, I have 31 one students filling my desks for their first day back tomorrow!
**Don't forget to check out Tabitha's *amazing* story at ImPossible Stories and then? I was featured over at The Urban Cowboy! Whoot!!

46 comments:
Glad you had one last hoorah minus the streaking.
Good luck tomorrow, I hope the honeymoon period lasts all semester long!
Ok, I was all good until the 20 mile run crap! Seriously, that's just wrong...I was so proud of my 3mile speed walk!
But, alas! Glad u had a good time!
UP
Haha, that would totally happen to me too. That's why I suggest wearing a one piece, like Borat. It's classy AND sade.
I knew there was a reason, I don't ride rides like that. ;)
Happy back to school!
Lol! I just love that story! After our twitter convo about it the other day I was even still laughing as I told hubs! Still laughing. Sorry. ;-*
My son loves rock climbing too. He is so into it. I've never tried it though.
20 miles? That's terrific.
ok, I was on the fence about laughing at the bathing suit coming off, but the shorts? I'd be rolling in tears! :) Too good for words!
I'm usually the one who loses a bathing suit on vacay! too funny.
nice job on the 20! glad is was a fabulous run! I'm sure you need it before seeing 31 kids in the morning!
the shorts thing is SO something i would do. i actually require my husband to check me before leaving the house to go to work to make sure that i don't forget a vital piece of clothing.
and you ran 15 miles ON YOUR VACATION??? giiiirl, that is serious business! i don't foresee me ever hitting that kind of milestone with my running, but i DID finally break my 2 miles wall today and make it to 3. i only have 3 weeks before my first 5k, so that really jazzed me up this morning. i was getting concerned!
20 mile run? Crazy.
Came here through Urban Cowboy. Love your site.
Quite the adventures you've had…swimsuit ripper? Wow, not quite sure why people would stand in line to go on it...
How can you run 20 miles? How long does that take? I'm amazed!
Happy first day back.
Citymom2
http://www.countrywifecitymom.com
20 mile run...wow...I bow in your presence!
Wisconsin Dells is so much fun, even though it's such a giant tourist trap!
I can't believe you can run 20 miles at a time. Wow.
What a fun vacation, swimsuit ripper and all! Was the lifeguard an attractive male lifeguard by any chance? ;)
Congrats on the 20 miler! That's great. Can I ask what pace you run your 20 milers at and how you pace yourself on runs that long? For my own research- must complete my own 20 miler in 2 weeks and I think we run at a similar pace! Except you are so much more experienced than I am at it.
And I thought my 11 was awesome. HA! =) Have a great first day back sister.
Even worse then the swimsuit rippers are the atomic wedgies! How do you gracefully extract your bathing suit from your bottom?
Love reading about your adventures.
Bwahahahaha. Thank goodness the lifeguard was quick!! ;-)
Oh, the horror of losing your suit! :) Glad the lifeguards are very quick!!
Really? You mooned everyone?
I am NOT laughing...that much. AH HA HA. xoxo
What a fun time. YOu need to e-mail me when you can. I am so proud of all of your running. Have a great day..
I love the you continued to watch hoping you weren't the only person for that to happen to! Clearly you weren't or the lifeguard would not have been so quick, right?
Female modesty is overrated. And why was that lifeguard so quick with a towel? (Obviously not a teenage boy)
25 miles? I'm impressed! You're awesome, Sara!!
Good luck tomorrow. :)
B xx
you are such a trooper! I would have left that place so fast just with the towel wrapped around me yelling "somebady grab my keys and the kids"!
But I so would have climbed that rock wall with you!
the look on your faces in your jump suits are priceless...
what... moon... and a full one...
would have paid money to see that...
It looks like you guys had such a fun time!! I love doing all those fun active kind of things too! I took my dad kayaking for his first time this weekend and he was so nervous, he did great though!
Its funny that you write about you starting teaching, my sister starts her student teaching today too!
and ps YOU ROCK!! 20 miles! Wow!!!
LMAO!! Oh to be a fly on the wall when you about dropped your drawers...too funny!
Looks like (other then your little mishaps) you all had a great end to an awesome summer!
Where on earth do you find the time to 'get it all in"? The rides, working RUNNING 20 miles??? I can barely get in my five miles I don't think I have another 2 hours to spare! You. are. Awesome.!
Two swimsuit mishaps in one weekend? Wow. I'm impressed. I'm happy that you had a good run, too. My run this weekend sucked pretty bad, but I had allergies and a cold on top of IT band issues, so I do have *good* excuses. :) Have a great week and hope the kids filling those seats are good to you!
Hey, what's a vacation without a swimsuit fail?
Stuff like that happens to me too! How embarassing.
Congratulations on your 20 mile run. When is your next race?
hello my friend! I love your luck! lol
Glad you had a get away with the fam....can't wait to come back to MN!
Never a dull moment! I'm sure the men were lined up at The Swimsuit Ripper for the rest of the day for a little more action!
Oh my gosh - tha is so funny... the Swimsuit Ripper!!
Funny! I have found that I need a one piece these days b/c my 3 year old just graps onto whatever's nearby in water and pulls for dear life. The one piece tends to stay in place a little better:)
Holy Moly, 20 miles???? I'm so not a runner. And the swimsuit troubles . . . that's priceless. Pretty much why I try to steer clear of swimming attire ;)
Oh, my, gosh! I think I would have died, lol.
20 miles??!! Are you superhuman or what?? I can barely walk 2 miles let alone run!!!!
I just saw a video on AFV where a boy was in a similar water thingie and his bathing suit came completely off...yikes!
Every little trip is truly an adventure! LOL
Girl you never fail to give me one of the best laughs of the day.
I do love the photos of the rock climbing adventures.
Hope you have a great day!
Sounds like you guys had fun, even if you were hell-bent on flashing everyone!
Love the Kalahari. DH is going to be there in October!
You are awesome! I don't think I could run 20 tenths of a mile.
Fun time in Wisconsin. I've been to Wisconsin several times but never to the Dells.
Post a Comment