
Now this? I can get behind. Take my weekend activities and see who came out on top...Me or The Weekend. See Kelli's blog for more, probably better, ones.
Me vs. First Friday Back to Work
Friday night? Um, can't really remember what I did, so I am going with THE WEEKEND as the winner on that. oh, now I know why I didn't remember, I was blocking it out...I CLEANED for like, 3 hours. Mopped, dusted, vacuumed, organized...for sure the Weekend one that one.
Me vs. Early Morning Run.
I was going to get up and do a 9 mile run...but I didn't. You see, the bed was warm and it was early. I figured I'd do it later in the day. Didn't happen. I was stuck...In the laundry room, ironing clothes, changing sheets, washing clothes as fast as the boys could get them dirty in the sandbox, and I may have even cooked.
Winner? The washing machine.
Me vs. Painting
Corey chose this weekend to decide to finally hang the crown molding. I offered to help paint it. Guess who was outside at 9 p.m. on Saturday night being eaten alive by mosquito's and told that her painting wasn't up to par? That's right.
Guess who spent an hour Sunday morning sanding the said painting job, so it could be done again, this time the "right" way? Same answer.
Winner: The paint. Ever had to sand a whole bunch of crown molding? Not fun. While listening to Corey lecture you on how to paint? even less fun fine, not like I was listening anyway, totally tuned him out
Me vs. Running (Part II)
Again I decided I was going to get up and go for an early morning run. I knew Sunday would be busy, so if I didn't get it in early, I would miss out again. I set my alarm for 5:53 a.m. and was ready to go. (side note: I always set my alarm for odd times, never anything like 5:50 or 5:55, not sure why)
Guess who was UP at 6:24, raring to go? ME!! I ran 16 miles and it was awesome! The weather was perfect and who knew? The morning is actually very pretty.
Winner? Me. And the 8 dogs who so kindly chased me at different points of my run. What? Does my sweat smell like roses?

29 comments:
YOu finally conquered!!
Hmm, sounds like a mixed bag- but a great run! Except for the dogs. Oh how I've grown to dislike loose dogs...
lol...this weekend kicked me squarely in the butt. it hasn't helped that i'm fiercely fighting off cold symptoms. my morning run on sunday turned into a half walk/half run since i felt that i large hippo was sitting on my chest the entire time. maybe next weekend i'll win a round or two.
and about that painting deal...now that you know how to paint crown molding "correctly"....wanna volunteer to come take care of mine once we finally build our house??? :)
The weekend did me in, at least you came out ahead on the run. Too many children with no sitter here. Probably why I'm in a heinous mood this morning.
You get major credit from me for sanding your paint job down. Not up to par?? Do it yourself then.
Oh wait, that's not very mature of me, is it??
I totally would have walked off that painting job if dh had said that to me. We had a HUGE argument over the proper way to paint a waterfall which ended with him begging me to come back and paint it however I like. :)
LOL at the dogs. Couldn't be totally peaceful!
Your weekend sounds a little like mine. Do you ever feel like "The Little Red Hen" (I have a post in regards to it all ready to go. Just waiting to hit "publish.")?
I wondering when it can be me versus the swimming pool, or me versus the movie marathon!
Yours were funny! Thanks for playing. I finally got my post up along with Mr. Linky (that a-hole) so you can link up!
I have painted every room (crown molding, baseboard trim, and ceilings included) in our ghetto house. If I had gotten any "advice", he would have gotten a paintbrush thrown at his head.... You're nicer than me.
Dogs. One of the many reasons I prefer a treadmill to the outdoors.
Glad you survived the weekend. Good luck with the week...I think those are worse:)
Well if being chased by dogs doesn't get you to run farther then faster then nothing will! LOL!
Maybe the weekend won...but you sure got allot of stuff accomplished! If you ever feel you have to much time on your hands(between running, laundry, ironing, cleaning house, sanding and painting) please feel free to come on down my way...I'm sure I could find something for you to do! :)
Glad you won on at least one thing!
oh wow! You sure did ALOT this weekend. Good for you for waking up to do your long run.
Me vs the Weekend. Oh, I like this idea a lot. I went to a baseball game (solo) on Fri - win was me, cause it was awesome. Saturday...hmm, don't even remember Saturday (Weekend win). Sunday we went to a baseball game with the kids...and got sunburned and left early cause it was so freaking hot. Win: Weekend.
Result: Weekend wins I guess!
I get lectured on my painting abilities too! Now the hubby lets me do the first coat and he does the final coat...I think they should just do it all themselves if they are going to be that picky! Why do you think I do all the laundry? It is certainly not because I enjoy it. ;-)
I doubt the dogs were chasing rose-scented anything. Just a guess.
you did Awesome!! 16 miles wow!!! great job!!! lol thats funny that the dogs chased you as long as they didn't bite or anything, when I want to run faster or swim faster I imagine some kind of scary animal chasing me and it works well!
a warm morning bed in my book means you run in the afternoon...
Maybe your sweat smells like Beggin strips! Hahahah! oh sorry. ;o) I fought the weekend and sort of won..in the end anyway!
I think your Hubby may be related to mine. I have learned when it comes to any kind of house painting project to just hand him the tape, etc., and let him do the painting. Then we don't have to do it twice. =)
Holy cow, woman! Congrats on the run!
And my hubby lectured me on how to paint our bathroom once. So I quit:)
16 miles is amazing. I need to get back on the better side of 10.
The bed does call though. Sometimes she is a cruel mistress, that bed.
Sounds like a busy weekend. Let's use that for your excuse for forgetting grandparents day, lol. Don't you just hate washing and ironing. I think I would pay someone to do those chores for me.
I hope you had a great day!
Wow...16 miles is great...!!!....I did 16 loads of wash I think...Hahahah.
.watch out for those dogs...and I totally hate sanding too..is just so boring..!Have a great week...!
Hmmm...hubby and I would never criticize the other's painting skills. We both know the other would promptly hand over the paintbrush and say "do it yourself". I hope you painted some of the mosquitoes. Nasty things.
Oh...carry celery when you run, instead of bacon. It might help with the dogs. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. LOL!
16 miles?! You're my hero!
Big hugs,
B xx
16 miles is awesome Hate dogs that chase you. I have such a huge fear of dogs since my dog was attacked. I have a hard time running anywhere but linear trails.
I don't think dogs chase roses! :) And I recommend never helping your hubby on home improvement projects. Never ever.
Great job on that run!
Post a Comment