10.14.2010

If...Then

"Borrowing" the idea from Katie; I decided to give this if/then business a shot.

IF your 4 year old asks you to lay down by him at 5 p.m. (which by the way, how could you resist? He smelled like little boy sweat, which is my favorite scent ever)

THEN you may find...
• That you fall asleep. Until 8:14 p.m.
•Which then means that you didn't have to make dinner (score!)
• But then, you have to decide whether to call it a night and go back to bed again OR stay awake. (Guess which I ended up doing?)

If you take a 3 hour nap at night...

Then you may find yourself...

• Running a load (or three) of laundry at 10:00 p.m.
• Deciding that exercise might help you fall asleep and run 10 miles.
• Spend a fair amount of time watching the turtles swim in their tank
• Decide for some reason, that after taking a shower at 12:15 a.m, that it is a good idea to put your husbands deodorant on, so you don't have to run upstairs for your own. (Which THEN you will smell like man stuff. Fail.)
• Cutting, labeling, and organizing your children's school pictures at 12:45 p.m.


...Writing a blog post at 1:00 a.m.. I have a feeling tomorrow today is going to be a killer.

post signature

43 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what youre saying is that to be productive I need to take a nap? Im always up late, but I certainly dont get anything done! lol

alison said...

that's too funny! maybe i need to try taking a nap at 5:00. maybe then i'd get something DONE around here!! well, without the 10 mile run though. ;)

Kaci said...

Sometimes I like wearing J's deodorant, reminds me of him. I'm weird like that.

The Stiffs said...

I think I see caffeine in your future. Best wishes for a good day!

Trish said...

If you can do all that from just a 3 hour nap I ned to give it a try!

Maybe all those crazy school kids will keep you aake today...good luck!

Foursons said...

Oh, not fun! Today is going to be miserable for you. Good luck!

Laura Marchant said...

Decide to run 10 miles that late at night and you're still not tired? Your my hero.

Nicole said...

oh no! that is a rough night! lol wow you ran 10 miles last night!? I've had one of those nights before but it usually consists of staying up to cook lunch for the next day, doing dishes, getting a shower, and then staying up to watching greys anatomy And Fringe!

Lindsay said...

Oh girl, I feel for you! Hang in there!

teacher girl said...

This is hilarious. No need to give ma any credit {but thanks for that} because my post was so incredibly random. And then I felt horrible because you asked what your treat is & it wasn't a hint at a giveaway at all...Yikes! I'm sorry. It was more a if-you-actually-read-this-I-feel-bad-you-actually-did thing. Anyways, hope today gets better real fast! :o)

{Kimber} said...

sleepless nights...bleck HATE them, but RUNNING....HOW BOUT NO!

The Mother said...

Circadian rhythm is a bitch, huh?

"Cookie" said...

little boy's sweaty smell... love it!

husband's deodorant... why does it smell good on him or on me... gives me a headache!

Barbaloot said...

Yikes! Hope you got some sleep last night so you can make it through today!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I've had many nights like that. I hope you're not too exhausted today! Just don't nap when you get home! ;)

Mama4Real said...

oooooh. Naps kill me sleep habits. i need to introduce you to my friend AMBIEN!

Mrs. M said...

Those late afternoon naps are killer! Did your 4 yr old fall asleep at all, or just you? :)

Chandra said...

Might I suggest coffee...lots and lots of coffee!!
Of course, something tells me that a classroom of 9/10 yr olds will keep you on your toes regarless!

Kristina P. said...

My husband's deodorant always works better than mine anyway!

Frugal Vicki said...

Holy Cow! A three hour nap!!! Did your little one sleep too, or was hubs nice enough to take over?

Michelle Pixie said...

But look how much you've got yourself caught up on! I need one of those naps. ;-)

Lori said...

I can relate to a lot of that b/c I find myself up at that time several days a week but I can assure you that it would NOT make me run 10 miles:)

Missy said...

Great post!
I miss little boy sweat!
It doesn't smell the same when they are 12! LOL

Kmama said...

Ha! So that's why you were commenting on my post so late last night!

I'm not sure why you aren't getting my replies. It's working for everyone else. Maybe check your spam folder?

Anonymous said...

well lets say you did fall alseep and also did not make dinner as you dont like to cook anyway... then you stayed awake and could not go back to sleep...

you did al that? really.... what are you wonderman?

why yes, I believe you are just that and for the record tomarrow will be a killer....


sorry...

Helene said...

Oh man!!!! One of my kids fell asleep in the car at 4:30 and I had to drop him off at home and then run back out. I gave my hubby strict instructions to not let the child fall back asleep once in the house. I get home at 6:00 and ask where the child is. Hubby said, "He was tired so I put him to bed"....at 5:00...without dinner or getting into his jammies.

Child woke up at 9:00, ready to party.

OMG, worst night EVER!!!!! It totally brought me back to when he was a newborn, up all hours of the night wanting to be fed and held.

Leah said...

LOL! woops! Coffee is your friend. Remember that. (I'm channeling Kaci here, btw). *grin*

Liz Mays said...

When you said score! about sleeping through dinner, I bust out laughing. That would be a score for me too.

Wow, you really did mess up your schedule, didn't ya?

Kameron said...

Late naps wreck me! At least you were productive since you couldn't sleep. I love how you just nonchalantly run 10 miles. You are so my hero.

Unknown said...

Nap? What is this thing you speak of? You have to be the only person I know that would run 10 miles at 10pm!

Michelle said...

Oh no! I hate it when I can't sleep. It doesn't happen often but when it does it is midnight or 1AM and I get up for work at 5AM. Not a good combination.

I hope you made it through today ok.

Sarah said...

Oh man. I hate naps, I really do. They mess me up for the rest of the day. Hope you weren't too tired today!

Holly said...

Heh! I can relate. Except not the man's deodorant. (But I have sneaked and used his razor -- don't tell him!)

You have turtles too? Ours are right by the computer.

King J's Queen said...

Who needs sleep anyway?

Lady Mama said...

But it's all worth it to take a nap beside your little boy!

honeypiehorse said...

Oh, yeah, musky baby smell. Very potent.

Anonymous said...

If then. I love this concept.

If I went to bed at 10:30 then I still won't ant to get up at 7.

Betty Manousos said...

I vote for a three hour nap.
Smart post, my friend!

Big hugs,
B xx

Amy said...

I guess you get a lot done when you take a early nap.. Have a great weekend..

Sarah MP said...

**electronically sending you a Mountain Dew***

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Dude, I have done that withe hubs' deoderant and then kept myself up with the smell. Man stuff just doesn't work on me. HA!

Cheeseboy said...

Oh yeah, I tell myself all the time that all I need to do is run ten miles to fall asleep.

Did someone just mention Mt. Dew? I am craving that stuff.

Meghan said...

I admire your passion for running and the need to run 10 miles at night to help you sleep!