10.17.2010

We Saw Pumpkins!







No, really, I could not think of a better title than that-sorry. Moving along...Minnesota has for some reason, decided to bless us with several great weekends in a row. So on Saturday, my parents, sis, nephew, boys, and I headed to a pumpkin patch.
The boys, naturally, listened when we asked them to all look at the camera at the same time.

Hey, we tried.
This guy? Totally giving my sis and I the stink eye. We were pretty sure he wanted to spit at us with his big spitting teeth. My mom was all "Girls, stand by the llama so I can get a picture." we might have fallen for that when we were younger, like on Friday, but not now.
We shot corn cobs from this gun. When the poor teenage worker told E to shoot it, he replies, "I'm sorry, but I am waiting to get to 100 PSI and calculate my angle before I shoot."




Leave it to my dad. The quarter to feed the animals got stuck in the machine, so dad whips out his leatherman and gets it out. Asher, being grandpa's boy, is convinced this is the best thing ever and wants his own leatherman. Grandpa's reply? Sure. My reply? Sure, when you 35. (remind me sometime, I'll write a post about my dad. he rocks.)
I am not positive what they were trying to tell us with this order/pickup here at Hillbilly Bob's...Um, Bob? I just want my fries.

We went on a "hayride" where we picked out pumpkins. Then someone's mommy accidently set the pumpkin down later and forgot it. Much chaos ensued. New pumpkin was chosen, and life continued. *might be worth noting it was slightly windy Saturday.*
All in all? Awesome weather, great boys, great day! My sister and I almost took this little guy home-isn't he adorable- until we remembered the things sheep do and make.

So we brought pumpkins home instead.

post signature

p.s. I can still hardly look at that picture of that llama. Slightly freaky there.

36 comments:

Kristina P. said...

And this is why I love fall. Llamas aside.

Liz Mays said...

I can't imagine what momma might have left the pumpkin behind. I LOVE pumpkin farms.

Sarah said...

Looks like a great day! Ah how I love fall.

Anonymous said...

oh my that looked like heck of a wonderful day...

next time I wanna go... *pout*


the pictures are wonderful and the fry shack was very intersting... what did you eat?


fried what?



Mmmmm I think....

Kmama said...

Llamas ARE freaking. *shudder*

We went to the pumpkin patch this weekend as well. It was a lot of fun! We, however, did not lose our three pumpkins. ;-)

Trish said...

I knew there was a JD shirt hiding under that sweatshirt!

Corn cob shooting gun???? Kyle would have never left that place!!!

Di said...

Llamas may be freaky but its very entertaining to poke an ostrich from behind with a stick and watch them run. I did that when I was 5 and my family still talks about it today!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, looks like fun. The leatherman thing is too funny. Hehe Sure you can have a knife son!

Cool Gal said...

Ha! I'd pick the pumpkins, too!

It's been the best fall ever. The weather has been perfect! I'm glad you got out and enjoyed the day. Looks like an interesting and fun place.

Okay, what's a leatherman???

Happy Monday!

Betty Manousos said...

Looks like such a fun!
Great pictures, too!!

Big hugs!
B xx
X

"Cookie" said...

We went to the pumpkin patch Saturday! Had soo much fun... but let me tell ya. One of the best things.... the FRIED oreos. OH my gosh!! :)

The Stiffs said...

Love the pictures! Looks like fun. And the llama, I can't stop laughing.

Nicole said...

awww Thanks for sharing these! You guys looks so great with all the pumpkins! Very fallish:) Love the picture of the llama:) I'd love to have a pet goat but I don't know where we'd keep him!

I LOVE fall!!
Hope you have a great Monday!

Lindsay said...

ARGH. Llamas are so scary. We just went to a festival that had a petting zoo two weeks ago and they had a llama running loose in there until it nearly attacked a little kid.

Together We Save said...

Looks like such a fun day!!

Bari said...

What a fun day (aside from the psychotic llama). Maybe I'll have to drag my 13 year olds to the pumpking patch, although I'm not sure it would be as fun as when they were 6.

Sarah MP said...

Wow- that Llama is in an ass-kicking mood for sure! cute pics!

susan said...

it looks like you had so much fun. E and my son would get along SO well. :)

we still need to go to the pumpkin patch. we are having great weather for it too. overcast and foggy.

Meeko Fabulous said...

How fun! I can't wait to go to the pumpkin patch this year and pick out our pumpkin!

Helene said...

Wow, that llama looks downright evil!!! I don't blame you for being freaked out.

Glad your boy has easily forgiven you for forgetting his pumpkin. We went to a party this past weekend where the hostess had a bunch of pumpkins for the kids to bring home and I reminded the kids to each pick one out before we left. Bella forgot and then proceeded to chastize ME for letting her forget. "But, Mommy, you always remind me to do stuff a million times but this time you FORGOT!!" I can't win...

Glad you all had a blast! Loved the pics!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It looks like a great day! Love the pictures!

Sarah Jane said...

That fat llama is nastaroonie!
Looks so fun. My parents are taking the kids to a pumpkin patch this weekend!

Missy said...

Perfect day! I want a llama now! LOL

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yes, that Llama does look creepy. Yikes!

Mrs. M said...

Sounds a lot like our Saturday too - down to the great weather (however, no cobs were shot nor were angles calculated). :)

Michelle said...

What a fun day! I don't think we are going to make it to the pumpkin patch this year so I just bought pumpkins at Trader Joe's this year. Lame, I know but what can you do?

Loukia said...

Yay for the pumpkin patch - I alwayas love going with my boys, it's our yearly traditon now. :) Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid we saw some llamas at the zoo and one spit his food all over my friend. Ever since then I have steered clear of them. Ugh.

Looks like you had fun!

Amy said...

What a nice fun time. I love going to pumpkin farms. I would love to come and make you that drink. I hope you got some peanut butter!

Miller Racing Family said...

What a blast. We are hoping to hit the pumpkin patch this weekend. Trey would have loved the corn cob shooting. Loving the JD shirt, our boys could be twins. Have a great day!

Lady Mama said...

That looks awesome! What a great day out for the family. Apart from the scary llama of course.

Kaci said...

Dude you should have totally gotten your picture taken...sissy! =) XOXO

Brynn said...

i LOVE me a good punkin patch! we went to one last year and were so busy doing the fun stuff there, we didn't even get a pumpkin! that's mostly my mother-in-law's fault...we won't go there. ya know, i think the llama got a bad rap here. he looks more than willing to be a part of the photo shoot. love your candid shots! you MUST put up pictures of the finished jack-o-lanterns!

Maude Lynn said...

These are so cute! Well, except the freaky llama . . .

Ducky said...

My absolute favorite time of the year! And that llama? HYSTERICAL! I spewed coffee which is much preferable to my normal *snort*. Probably wouldn've been some singed nose hairs with that. Not a real good way to start the day.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Yeah, not a big fan of llamas here either. That one *does* look especially frightening. But what a day! Looks like you all had so much fun! :)