I pull in the driveway, and Corey makes the mistake shows me a cut on his wrist, where he sliced it throwing old glass away. I insisted it needed to be looked at by a medical professional. And although I consider myself pretty close, I needed a second opinion (you know, other than twitter.) So off we went.
(Insert here about how Corey pretty much faints at the sight of blood and passes out at needles.)
I had to drag him in. Where we sat for 2 hours 17 minutes before being called back. Now, this might sound painful...
BUT! During this time? We were able to watch 3 people vomit all over the waiting room, one girl escorted out by police and hear several conversations which made you question the future of the human race. SCORE!
Did I mention that as the people wretched on the floor and the chairs, NO ONE came out to clean them up, or bothered to call a custodian? One man asked for wipes to clean up the chair where his beloved had vomited. The receptionist? "Don't worry, you won't need to sit, she will get called back soon." Nice.
Finally getting back to the room, the fun only continued. My favorite lines during the wait?
Nurse, can I get a hand in here? I need to do a rectal exam. Yes, I giggled.
apparently our patient here must have been a bit hard of hearing, because the doctor proceeded to SHOUT his way through the ensuing exam.
Now, you have a urine infection, you see, your urine was full of pus...If you could just turn over to the side here and press back into me...you will feel a pressure as I turn my hand...does this hurt?...You have a nice feeling prostate here...
Corey? fainting. Me? taking 'er all in.
At the same time, in the curtain room to the left of us?
Are you sure this catheter is the right size? Does this hurt? We can put a smaller one in if you need us too...(man moans) Okay, I am going to push it up bit further now...let me know if that hurts.
Corey? fainting. Me? taking 'er all in.
When the doctor arrived, Corey was muttering things like "escape, she's a masochist, I can't believe we are here..."
Luckily, his doctor was really cool, and was able to keep him from passing out from the numbing shot AND the tetanus shot he was lucky enough to get.
All too soon, it was time to go. I could have eavesdropped all night, alas, we needed to pick up the boys.
Where Asher proceeded to throw up all over Corey, the car, and himself...
If you need me? I'll chained to the washing machine. Forever.

55 comments:
Hang in there Momma. This sounds like NO fun! :(
Thank goodness for that run otherwise you might have had all this crazy energy and not able to thoroughly enjoy the ER like you did.
And I think you've had your fair share of puke for a while. Eww.
What a trip!! Some one should make a reality show out of just the stuff you see and hear in the ER-forget those doctors!
Hope everyone is well soon!
If all men could be so lucky to have a nice feeling prostate.
Wow. You had quite a day! I'm like Corey, I can't stand the ER.
I hope everyone in your house feels better soon!
Still love the name Asher. Alas, if I ever have another boy...
The vomiting sounds lovely. Thankful you didn't post pictures. Of that and the rectal exam.
You only had to wait 2 hours and 17 minutes? It must have been a slow day.
Sorry you are chained to the washing machine. I'll bring sustenance. You have a problem with chocolate anything?
oh man, sounds like you've had a rough day. but seriously.... those hospital stories are HILARIOUS!!! :)
There just are no words. Glad you were entertained during the fiasco and that everyone is okay!
LOL Oh my gosh! The puking in the waiting room would have done me in!! and I probably would have peed myself laughing during the prostate talk.
LOL- awesome! I agree emergency rooms can be pretty interesting entertainment- and unfortunately present quite a colorful cross section of society...
You need a super-duper Willie Wonka style washing machine and dryer.
Ever thought of joining the local rescue squad?
I'm so sorry. I hate vomit. I would have been dry heaving in the waiting room. At least you got a good post out of it. I hope it gets better for you soon!
I made the mistake of reading this while my hubby is trying to have a serious conversation with me. I couldn't help but to laugh and smile the whole time. :) He was quite annoyed. I hated sitting in the ER with Hubs a few months back. I was covering my face outta fear of catching somthing. And I was freaking whenever someone came to the room with puke bucket. I was this close to needing a pill. :)
Without these interesting life experiences, what would be blog about???
WOW! Crazy doesn't begin to describe. At least you were entertained at the ER right? With all the "amusing" conversations. Hope today is better!!!
What a fun night. I hope your boys get better and you do not get sick. Have a great day if you get away from the wash!
OMG! How terrifying and hilarious at the same time. I hope Corey and Asher are feeling better soon.
Oh, the ER, and endless river of interesting mixed with disease. The last time I went, you would have heard me shouting, "Oh my God, is this lighter fluid!?!" when they made me soak my severed thumb in some horrible liquid.
Me, devastated. Nurse, laughing.
I'm sure they see everything.
Nothing like a trip to the ER to make you feel warm and cozy about your own life.
Nothing like the ER to provide some great entertainment.
So funny!! Sounds like you have had an eventful weekend! Hope everyone is feeling better now!
what a weekend you had!!!!
Don't think I would have been able to deal with that as well as you did...the puke, the blood....ugh!!!!
Your one tuff cookie!
W.O.W. That's an amazing tale. I have no other words.
Uggggggh. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.
You know, maybe I need to start going to the hospital in C. I went to the ER in Wyo. last summer and had none of that excitement.
First off, that ER visit is awesome!
Secondly, we just got over the barfing deal. It sucked! Bad. G-man vomited twice a day for three days, then we thought we were in the clear and his diarrhea started- and lasted for over a week. It was horrible and I thought it would never end. I also thought I needed more than one washing machine. Alas, old bessie held up and the misery stopped. Luckily for my husband and I, the bug only lasted for 24-48 hours in us. Good luck with that.
Sounds like if we are ever having writers block a visit to the er will cure that! WOW!
I hope everyone is feeling better today and that you aren't chained to the washing machine much longer. ;-)
The ER is indeed a magical place.
Also? Vomit in the car is the worst thing ever. EVER.
seriously!!! i cant believe those conversations that you heard. amazing!!
When did the emergency in emergency room disappear?
Now that’s funny stuff.... I would have been laughing all over the place...
not to mention I don’t really like that place and would have stitched it up myself... would not have been the first time too....
I can pick the lock.....
Oh no! The ER hijinks make for a funny (or gross) blog post...but sorry YOU had to experience it first hand!
Oh no! I hope the vomiting doesn't continue! I, too, could listen to those conversations all night. I do that in the doctor's office as well. I don't believe they realize how thin the walls really are!
Yikes! Sounds like an exciting trip to the ER.
My only trips to the ER have been for true emergencies, where we were taken straight back. Having a kid with a bleeding head wound has it's perks. ;)
I hope your boys feel better soon!
You're posts crack me up! Goodness. So gross. And, yes, ERs are one interesting place!
Glad you got a run in on this beautiful weekend! I go to the doc Thurs. Must.run.soon!!
I always wonder what goes on in ERs!!! I can only see, so I've been able to observe or read lips from afar, but nothing as interesing as this. Peeing pus? Ewwwwwwwww.
Yuck! Hope you get some rest soon.
OMG- that was quite a weekend!
Next time you go to the ER make sure you take your video camera!
That doesn't sound like any fun at all!!! Hope things are better today x
I laughed through this post! Sounds like you have the better stomach in this situation!
~Elyse
I'm thinking if you ever get tired of teaching you could go back to school and be a nurse. Think of all the blog fodder...
PS Hope the stomach bug doesn't visit all of you.
Gosh-I can't handle blood and medical stuff. I hope I never have to sit through that kind of stuff in an ER!
Oh Sweet Sara what a day! The only silver lining to these days is the fabulous bloggy material.
Thanks for the giggle my dear:)
Hope the babes are okay now.
Hope everyone is feeling better! Now this is some funny stuff! I LOVE listening in on other people's conversations in public. My hubs gets super annoyed with me...sometimes if we are in a restaurant, I will listen to the conversation at another table. I've even gone so far as to sshhh my husband so that I can continue listening to someone else's conversation!
Eek, hope things are going better. Heading to the ER is not fun. I was just there like 2 weeks ago. They put us in the psycho room.
Oh good grief...poor little guy...poor parents. Hope he's doing better!!
Those are some awesome conversations you were overhearing at the ER. We always make it a point to say my dad is pregnant when he goes in for anything just to get a laugh out of them!
wow, that's a heck of a day!
This was borderling amazing. I kind of want to go to the hospital now! :-)
Oh my gosh, you have a month's worth of blog posts from one ER visit! I would have been freaking out from all the vomit knowing that I was about to contract the deadly Swine Flu. What? It's H1N1? Whatever. It's Swine people. Whatever you do, DON'T EAT THE PIG.
YIKES! I'm sure you'll never be able to talk Corey into the ER again :) Next time you try to get him to go he'll think you just need blogging material...HA!
Talk about the day from hell! Ugh, Eww and Bleh! I'm glad everyone is doing better because that is awful!
I'm so glad you wrote this all down...for like realsies! HAAAAAAAA!!
That is the absolute FUNNEST description of the GROSSEST NIGHT EVER!!! Hahahahah! Your poor husband!
Good Lord! That ER sounds extremely... primitive.
Post a Comment