11.04.2010

Randomness

I've been sick, or something. All I know is that I've been run down this week, and driving to work today, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I ended up going home and sleeping for 5 straight hours. Now? I'm tired, wired,and feeling random.

Do you ever?

• Find a cool new blog but be all shy to comment? Like, you know, maybe you are not cool enough? Or they already have so many followers and stuff they will never notice your little comment? Me too. Unless it is JUST me, then well, I am a dork.

• Lose touch with super cool bloggers for a bit and miss them like crazy? And want them (ahem Erin, Cassie, and about 13 others of you) to come back you so can catch up again? Me too.

• Wonder if they will ever find a cellulite fix?

• Wonder what your son is going to turn out like, when, for his 8th birthday he is asking for:
Levitron Anti Gravity Top
USB Plasma Ball
Green Laser Pointer
Red HIGH POWERED laser pointer
Curiously Strong Magnets
Bucky Balls Magnetic Building Spheres
Magnetic Accelerator Cannon

(I need an instruction manual for that kid)

• Be a *touch* mad at yourself for feeling an itch in your nose and reaching up to scratch it, only to fling your nose piercing out and have to rush to the local tattoo shop at 8:45 p.m. on a Friday night, with your boys in tow, to have another one painfully placed back in? And? Feel slightly miffed that the man behind the counter, Abe, if you were to believe the tattoo on above his right eye, is cussing left and right in front of your children? I mean, what do you expect for a lime green themed tattoo shop on a Friday night, right? (and that's right- I taught my students about run on sentences last week.) I am happy to say there have been no nose problems since then. I believe the 3rd time may have been the charm.

That's all. My randomness is done for now, until the bigger questions of life come back. Until then, I think I will catch up on some blogs.

post signature

53 comments:

Liz Mays said...

You slept for 5 hours after work? Oh my gosh!!!! Your son has great taste in toys. A little scientist in the making!

Kaci said...

Awhh pickles!! Hope this is the last time...darn nose! =)

Kristina P. said...

I definitely do that with blogs. Which is why I have the comment note on my sidebar about being the Matt to your Ben, or the Nicole to your Paris, without being skanky hos. Unless you want to be.

The Stiffs said...

Happy your nose is fixed! so like that with other blogs. You got yourself a cool little kid.

Tara said...

I think you have a rocket scientist on your hands! I don't think I've ever even heard of any of those things except the laser pointers :-)

Tell the truth....an itch or were you picking your nose?!?!

Kelli said...

Hey lady!
I slept (sort of slept-I was in the bed with the lights off) for 11 hours last night. Stupid migraine.
Maybe your body is reject your nose ring? Who knows. :)

Kristin said...

To the first 3 questions - yes, yes, & yes.

To the last 2 questions - not applicable. My 16 month old daughter only like steps to walk up and down. And then up and down some more. I'm hoping this is a phase, because I'm not in shape enough to keep up.

Kristin said...

Oh and P.S. You have like 400 something followers. I officially just got lost in your blog. ;-)

Vanessa said...

I really really really hope the third time's a charm because my nose hurts every time I read about yours. ;-)

Lady Mama said...

The 8 year old toy requests sound perfectly normal! As for the cellulite - I can share with you one thing I learned at massage therapy school: massaging the area can help decrease the appearance of cellulite (not get rid of it all together though, sorry). There you go. I'm useful like that.

teacher girl said...

funny. Now I have a new incentive (not that I needed one) to read your blog for the next 10 years ...so that I can see what your son ends up doing? An FBI agent? Spy? :o) Hope your nose ring stays put!

Sara said...

So I totally do that whole thing about being shy with "cool" bloggers. Once a dork, alway a dork, I guess :-)

How embarassing for me that I took college courses that were less challenging than your sons toys...

Anonymous said...

Laser pointers are so fun if you have kittens! LOL. The last couple of weeks, I felt so bad that I decided that maybe my hormones were turning me into a ditzy blonde (I figured menopause must just be getting ready to pounce), when the lady at the clinic said I had an AWFUL ear infection - so I was not a ditzy blonde. I was just a sick blonde. And, No! I will not make a blonde joke out of that!

I think your son's birthday list sounds totally fun. I,however, was never given an instruction manual for my boys - and I want one! Right Now! Especially for the second one! All I know, is that there were no returns!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you have a future physics major on your hands. I hardly ever comment on big blogs unless there happen not to be many comments on a post yet. If there are hundreds of comments, what's the point?

King J's Queen said...

He's going to grow up to become Michael J Fox's character in Back to the Future. Well, either that or Christopher Lloyd's character...and I'd be betting on MJF.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I love reading your blog. You crack me up!! You sure are persistant. You would never catch me getting my nose pierced, let alone going in there THREE times!! Ha!!

Kmama said...

I can't believe you had to get the stupid nose ring done AGAIN. Maybe it's just not meant to be??

Oh, and I'm the same about finding new cool blogs.

Jen said...

I sometimes feel the same way about blogs but remember how much you like comments so I bet those 'big' people are just like that too. They will accept your comment and love it. :)

Di said...

I do the same thing with new blogs. Then I agonize over what my comment should be and if I sound as dorky as I feel.

I had to change a cartilage piercing in my ear a few times until we figured out I was allergic to the stainless steel and needed to go with 24k gold. Healed right up after that.

Cool Gal said...

I love the birthday gifts. Don't worry, he will turn out fine. He's a boy. It's perfectly normal.

Have a great weekend.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great birthday gifts. Hope you feel better soon.

Lindsay said...

LOVE your randomness. Hope you are feeling better!!

Sara B said...

Totally get you with both blog questions. And your son will be a physicist.

Hope you feel better!

honeypiehorse said...

Hmmn. Maybe you're run down because you constantly run marathons? That would do it for me.

Barbaloot said...

Your son is gonna be one of those guys that, when they tell you their job description, you have no idea what they're actually saying. It's like they took a bunch of complicated words and strung them together for a job:)

The Mother said...

If it's not possible to put those things in and out b yourself? I'm not getting one. I have enough emergencies in this house that have nothing to do with me.

Chandra said...

Okay, your nose piercing is awesome but here's my deal with it..I would constantly think it's a bugger and probably try to pick it OR blow the darn thing out of my nose every other day! So keep this tattoo guy's number on file cause I think your going to need it! LOL!

I have a little scientist on my hands too! I LOVE the though of that passion being turned into something good, say, curing cancer when he gets older! So buy all those 'toys' now because it just might pay off in the long run! :)

Erin Cardone said...

Definitely a Rocket Scientist! :)

Trish said...

First off am I that "cool" new blog???

Didn't think so....

Okay, well then can I at least be one of the super cool ones that you lost conatct with and miss like crazy?????

and for the birthday list...all I can say is YIKES!!!! Are you raising the next unibomber????
:OP

purejoy said...

yep. i'm like that. but i comment anyway.
i have been MIA on posting and commenting and it's amazing how fast attrition happens.
i hate writing really awesome stuff to crickets chirping.

but hey. at least the crickets seem to like it!
: )

love yours, btw!

{that's quite a boy you have there!! good luck finding all that stuff!}

Anonymous said...

Yep. I feel the same way about new, super-cool blogs. I usually end up lurking around and never commenting.

Your son is obviously a genius! All mine wants is video games.

Together We Save said...

No that you memtion it... I don't comment some blogs but then some others I love so much I visit everday and I am disappointed if they haven't posted anything new. LOL

Miller Racing Family said...

Oh how our boys are so similar. I am totally like you with blogland. I often think with the cool blogs, if you do comment do they even read our comments. Who knows I guess we can always just read and enjoy.
Have a great weekend!

Kim said...

A big yes to the sleeping for 5 hours straight. A big no to flinging a nose piercing out ; )

Maude Lynn said...

My daughter has some of those magnets. They are awesome!

Amy said...

I know I miss some of the blogs I use to read. I am not sure where they went and when I leave a comment if they will leave one. The blogging world can be good and strange at times.

I hope you get some sleep and feel better soon..

Have a great weekend..

Betty Manousos said...

Love your randomness!
Hope you're feeling better!


I linked to you today!

Foursons said...

I hope you feel better now! Maybe you're pregnant? :)

Your son is awesome. He is going to do great things with his life.

Anonymous said...

awe you have found a new blog....

and to shy to comment....


really.... hmmmm


you should never feel this way..

Mrs. B said...

Yes to all of the above, except for the son's b-day presents!

My bed sheets used to rip my nose piercing out all the time!

Emma said...

That's an immense sleep!!! Yikes!! Hope you feel better soon and if it helps my daughter has exactly the same birthday list as your boy ;-)

Roxy said...

good for you ....listening to your body!

WHAT NOSE piercing??? TELL ME no....

Hoping you are healthy and STRONG!

"Cookie" said...

ummm, scientist maybe?! :) That's just too cute!

Seriously.... hope the 3rd time is the charm. And the boys hearing the cussing would have been for naught.

I think we all hit the "wall" at times and just feel totally run down. Moms just keep going and going and going... then wham. Gotta regroup.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Please let me know when you find that cure!

Too funny. They guy who did all my piercings (the only one I still have is my tragus) had lime green hair!

bohomamasoul said...

All the stuff about other blogs and bloggers? Yeah, me too. I'm so the same way. As far as the nose ring goes, I had one so I KNOW how painful and annoying it is when it comes out. I liked your randomness today :)

Venassa said...

I always feel like I'm not cool enough and no one will notice my comment! Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I laughed at the 'curiously strong magnets' on your son's wishlist. Boys always want the most random things.

Holly said...

Not cool enough to comment -- all the time.

Your son -- science genius in the making.

Abe -- ewwwww.

David Macaulay said...

well this is an entertaining blog to stumble on - you can't overestimate the impotance of spazzing out, lol

Jamie said...

a 3rd fix!?!? I hope 3 times a charm :)

Mama4Real said...

Do you use a special kind of stud? I get mine at Claire's or Walmart! I've never been able to find one just like the piercing stud they used, but these ones work pretty good!

Meghan said...

Umm, I totally get nervous to comment on super popular blogs! I always think that THEY will think that my blog just isn't up to par...

Missy said...

Nose Piercing? That would drive me insane!!!!
I do the Shy thing also!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm going to answer yes to all of those questions but the last one.
I hope you're feeling better. I've been sick for way too long, and I'm exhausted!