12.07.2010

I am

Last night? The boys and I were watching a movie (horrid one at that, Santa Paws? really?) Suddenly... the front door opened.
(Yes, like right out of a horror movie.)
My dad called out. "Hey Sara? I shut your garage door, took the keys out of the door and hung them up, and took out the garbage. Make sure you lock the door after me."
{ahem, like I am not an adult or something!? I'd totally remember that.}

This morning? Left the lid of my soda, and WHOOSH! It spilled all over the car when I took a turn at mach 50 made a right hand turn.

Oh, and that was after I picked up the water bottle of the bedroom floor, lid off of course, and wiped up the water there. {ahem, this seems to be an issue?}

Asher packed his scab off his elbow in his pocket to show his friends at daycare. I was all like, "What the heck. It can't really hurt anyone. Boys are gross, we all know that."

Arriving at school? I dumped hot water all over the counter in the teacher "workroom."

Oh, and the results of my ADHD testing? Came back +positive+
Turns out there is a rather large discrepency between my working memory (which runs at the "average" range, and my other cognitive abilities. Testing lady said I have a "most impressive standard deviation." That's right. I do nothing halfway.
(I already posted this on my other blog, but thought I'd better share here too, you know, in case you wonder why I forget to answer your emails/ect.)


BUT! I posted over on ImPossibleStories today, which I have been slacking on lately, so? I pretty much figure that makes up for the rest, right?




post signature

44 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Way to be an overachiever! :)

Liz Mays said...

Your brain is going a mile a minute!

Chandra said...

Despises days like that...I have them all the time..and I don't have ADHD...

Hope it gets better!

Oh and I now have the vision of Asher picking his scab off and sticking it in his pocket...I am currently vomitting a little in my mouth...gotta LOVE them boys!

Lady Mama said...

There are definitely days where one thing happens and then a million other things happen all right away. Those are the days I want to just crawl back under the covers.

Kmama said...

Oh dear Lord. You have to be exhausted. I'm exhausted just reading that.

Love you!

Kayla said...

A scab for show-and-tell...that's just gross - but a memory to last a lifetime :)

At least that's what I tell myself when Reese does something that makes me roll my eyes!

Maude Lynn said...

I have days during which I spill everything I touch. It's insane!

bohomamasoul said...

Okay, so we have some parallel thing going on with the spilling crap all over the place. I seriously do that at least once to twice a day. And as far as the ADHD? Totally an advantage and means you are BRILLIANT!

Cheeseboy said...

That is so funny because someone spilled water all over our "workroom" this morning. The results of the ADHD testing didn't surprise you, right?

Di said...

I spilled Blue Gatorade all over the hubby's car right after he spent 485165166 hours washing and detailing it. OOPS!

As far the ADHD goes - I agree with the overachiever bit. I mean if you're going to have it you should be the best at it - right?

The Mother said...

As when I took my Stretch in for ADHD evaluation, and the shrink said, "Yeah? Do ya think?"

Some cases are just obvious. Now put lids on your car cups before you scald yourself.

Nicole said...

oh no!!! One time I didn't realize I left the lid on my starbucks reusable cup without twisting on, and it spilled on me. that hurt! :) I hope you're doing well and taking care! You know meditation and yoga are really good for calming the mind. At least it helps me to focus and relax, maybe it can help you? You know maybe thats why you like running so much? Because its sort of like your meditation and a time where you can relax?

Anonymous said...

Yes, boys are gross! At least you got your answers now and please put some lids on those drinks!

Barbaloot said...

I have a strict policy to never watch movies about animals---especially ones with using a yucky play-on-word like "Paws" for "Claus."

Missy said...

I love the scab part! Glad to know my child is not alone...

Guacaholic said...

Amen to the jpeg at the end!

I say, if you're going to be ADHD positive, go big or go home. Have you read "The Maverick's Guide or Adult ADD/ADHD"? Love it! You know, aside from the whole focusing on a book part.

Mrs. M said...

If I ever hang out with you I will be sure to carry extra towels!

So, what is the next step in the ADHD diagnosis?

Jasmine said...

Hang in there all great moms have a little ADD!!! I have a tendacy to take turns at mach 50. :)

Jen said...

Who needs to focus anyway? ;)

alison said...

great...now i know what i have to look forward to with my son. guess i'd better pack away my gag reflex because i'm pretty sure that scabs being packed away in a pocket will be the least of the grossness to come.

and LIDS, woman....use 'em and LOVE 'em :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Geesh. I think I need to be tested. That sounds all too familiar. HA!

Amy said...

Wow what a day... I think I am like you in some ways have a great day..

McKsMom said...

now don't go thinking that because you have another blog that you forget to update this one. You posted about the testing and I was beginning to get worried that you weren't going to post the results. Nevermind that I had been out of town and hadn't had a chance to catch up on your blog for more than 2 weeks. The wait of reading through the other entries was killing me. I was so glad that you posted some of the result information today. Heaven help me if the answer wasn't 5 posts down!!!

Seriously. Thanks for being you! You encourage me in so many ways!!!

The Stiffs said...

I don't even know what to say...Sounds like my kind of day.

Holly said...

Awesomeness.

My friend was diagnosed with ADD too. She thinks I am as well. Guess it takes one to know one. :)

Foursons said...

You're not pregnant are you? Sure sounds like pregnancy clumsiness. Congrats on having a stellar discrepency.

Anonymous said...

I wish there was a 'like' or an 'agree' button on blogs. I have those days, for example TODAY!

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

Hi! Thanks for coming for a visit today. I'm loving your blog and will definitely be back :)

Emma said...

Gosh that sounds like a typical day in our household!!! xx

Jamie said...

Focus is overrated... at least that's what I tell myself when I do all those things too :)

Elizabeth-FlourishInProgress said...

Lol. you are hilarious. and, you are honest. I love it!

wow, you and i are both some graceful swans, aren't we?

Stephanie said...

If your going to do something do it right baby")

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Overachiever for sure!

Loukia said...

Oh Sara...
I have days like that all the time. Hugs!

Sandra said...

So this means you have ADHD? Do you realize the drugs you can get for that? I'm told it's amazing to be able to focus that clearly...how much you gonna be sellin' fo'?....

Anonymous said...

girl you got the moves....

"Cookie" said...

You need to give the job of making sure the keys are in the house to one of the boys..... the job is to make sure the keys are RIGHT here on the counter. To protect you! :)

Betty Manousos said...

Oh no! What a day!
You must be exhausted my friend!
Love ya!

B xx

Kameron said...

Was that all in one day?? Sit yourself down with a glass of wine and relax! I'd be wiped out if I were you!

Unknown said...

When it rains it pours!

I swear you can't just have one mishap a day. No-no-no. One is followed by another, and another.

There are days were I am seriously blown away at everything that has gone astray.

Anonymous said...

And that's why we love you. Cause you make us smile :)

Meeko Fabulous said...

I think this is why me and you get along so well. It's like we're the same person. :)

Cool Gal said...

True spaz! LOL!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I do the lid thing all the time. Ticks my husband off! ;)