My goal? To put up the most awful, pathetic looking light set ever seen, hoping to embarrass him and put his "non man hanging lights ability" on display for the world to see.
Here it is:
The view from almost the road. (Hey, I didn't have mittens on and it was COLD!) Pathetic enough? One single strand of lights hanging less than 3 feet off the ground on the side of the house? Here's hoping.

50 comments:
Good luck with that!!
You must keep us updated on if your plan is successful.
Good luck with that! We put our lights up this past weekend! It looks like a five-year old did it, but I don't care. I'm proud of them. :)
Hahahaha! GREAT idea....I'm on it! ;-)
I thought that was a nightlight!
Your efforts at mediocrity are overwhelming ;)
Fingers crossed for you!! :)
Ha! Good strategy.
I am busting a gut over here!
LOL!
If this works your are a freaking genius!
It does look beautifully pathetic. Is he working on it right now?!:)
It's a Charlie Brown Christmas at your house for sure! Can't wait to see the tree!
BAHAHA! I hope it works for you. If not, all you can do is chuckle at your little strand of lights. :)
Your blog is freaking awesome! So glad I found it!
All woman know that if you want something done right, you have to do it your damn self!
Awesome! You have to let us know if it works :)
Oh my gosh you are HILARIOUS! Now that I know I'm not the only one with this way of thinking, I'm not ashamed to say that I've done it too. PROBLEM is my husband doesn't care so he would be like "oh it looks fine to me" and then I'm stuck with a half ass job and cold toes. *sigh* Let me know how it works for you :)
That would not work in my house. Brad hates Christmas and would leave the lights like that...until May, easily.
you are so stinkin' hilarious!!! :)
Now, see...that should have been my plan. Instead, I put them up myself, with some assistance from my SIL. The only problem? Um...apparently, all our outlet box can handle is three strands of lights, and I needed four. SOOOOO...the fuse in the lights popped. Hubs is SUPPOSED to adjust the lights for me...eventually. Sigh. :)
You did a great job girl! Way to go :)
your still leaps and bounds ahead of us ;-)
Heck yeah! My kind of festive decor! Tell him nice job.
Haha, that is hilarious! I love the way you think :)
LOL! But the real question is...did it work??
If it doesn't work, get the boys to ask. All my girls have to do is use their doe eyes and their Daddy caves hard.
it looks just beautiful...hehehe :O)
That is just way too funny. Maybe I should do that.. Mine my not even want to put any up this year.. I hope he does.. Maybe I should do something around the door.. Great work.. I am proud of you.. Have an amazing weekend.
I love imaging what people driving by think - so... interesting choice that house made with its lights!
Great idea...let us know if it works!
My other half helped his uncle hang all the lights on Thanksgiving for his house so mine had no choice but to do our house too! Yes - I used a guilt trip and NO I am not ashamed! It worked!
That's even more pathetic than my attempt which involved a total of no lights outside:)
Your lights remind me of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, lol! Don't you hate it when it comes to get out the Christmas lights and it never fails every year one or more strand(s) are broken? Ugh.
at least you've done that. I remember when I mowed our back yard. I cannot stand the 'jungle-look' at the back, so decided to do it by myself and asked also the help of my 3 kids. Since hubby doesn't have the drive to do it.I think that's the first post in blog.
well, women can do it like men do it right?
I tried that same approach with my husband for two straight years. Didn't work. The man has no shame!
Love it
Here's what worked for me:
"honey you need to hang the lights today cause you said you would"
"it's cold outside, I don't really want to,it can wait until the weekend"
"well, it will be COLDER in here if you know what I mean if you DON'T hang those stupid lights"
Guess what...he hung the lights. Remember...us woman, have the POWER! LOL!
(your strand looks awesome just the way it is!)
That is exactly how my mom and I get my dad to make dinner.
For some reason, he thinks he's the only one who knows how to make spaghetti (because it's so complicated), so if we simply START BOILING WATER, suddenly my dad pops in and starts telling us we're "doing it wrong" and he takes over.
I hope your light plan is equally, if not moreso, successful.
Here's to manuipulation!
If you want a husband to do something, pick up a wrench and look pathetic. Works every time.
Bahahaha...a real "Grinch" if you ask me! Hang the lights already!
Nice effort. Love it!
That is beyond nice!
LOL Sometimes I read your posts and think we are so much alike! I did the same thing here. We have this tree out front that would make Charlie Brown's Christmas tree look FABULOUS! I was sure Hubby would step up and fix it. Nope. He luvs it:)
its a good plan thats not going to work because a humbug will always be a humbug....
BUT...
even your one single strand of ligths is beautiful and I would not change a thing...
Have a great weekend..
hi! just dropping by and thanks for the comment.
Ha! I love it! Hope your weekend was fantastic!
Love it!
I can't wait to see if it works.
Big hugs!
B xx
LOL! Here's hoping it worked! (Says the lady with the unlit house.)
I like your style. :)
Could be worse. My hubby put up lights without bpothering to test them first. Yeah. #FAIL
Post a Comment