2.13.2011

Here Goes...

Despite my reservations, I am going to do it. Vlog. Wait, is a vlog where you intentionally do it only for the blog? I am just posting this on my blog. It wasn't done for my blog, so is it really a vlog? Or just a video? Anyway, I am posting a video of my wimpy self going down a big tubing hill.

For those of you lucky enough who do not live in the snow states, it is where someone decided it would a great idea to take a tube, climb up a hill, and have it hurl you down going 100 mph. (Hello, brain injury? Death? To the men at the top of the hill, if it is NOT dangerous, why did I have to sign a waver? And? I really do think you should post current stats on how many injuries, deaths, ambulance calls there have been for the season. People like to have this information.Simply telling me no one has ever died is not sufficient.)

Has my rambling scared you off yet? if not, please let it In order to save you from trying to have to think of something to say if you watch this, I will provide you with some choices. You can simply say "Comment #1" instead of typing it out.

Comment Choices:

#1- Wow, Sara, you are so brave! (this is a nice one, because even if you DON'T watch the video, it pretty much looks like you did. Busy bloggers sometimes need a break, so I'll cut you some slack. Who has time to watch the whole thing and comment? Really? Could've read 3 other blogs in that time...not that I've ever done this)

#2- I'm super sorry! The video wouldn't load on my computer. I'll watch it later, promise! (fine, I have done this before and never came back because I forgot.)

#3- You are so much taller than I thought! (I really am, truly. I get a bit touchy this time of year, because every.single.day. one of my students comes up to me, compares our height, and comments how they are almost taller than me. I keep telling them they are simply victim of genetically altered food. It was bound to catch up with us sometime.)


Happy Beginning of the week!
post signature

44 comments:

Mrs. Bee said...

ROFL "It's almost like you're pregnant" Wow- men just never learn. Hilarious. It wasn't a very long snow ride though- I think you need to visit a bigger hill next time and scream louder but DANG Sara! YOU ARE SO BRAVE! :)

Kristy said...

That's great!!! It's almost like you're pregnant?! What? Like that's funny somehow? ;)

King J's Queen said...

He was still standing and taping after the pregnant comment? Next time, rough him up a little more. Ha!

Um...let's see...

COMMENT 1

honeypiehorse said...

Well done! I want to vlog too but first the baby weight's gotta go!

Susie said...

You are hilarious! That was a lot of snow in your face!! And, I would have hit him too after that comment!!!

Bari said...

I would have pushed him down in the snow after the pregnacy comment, but way to go on being brave!

Unknown said...

hilarious!

Kelli said...

Comment #1! Plus, 'That was a big, big bunch of it!'
Funniest line ever.

Kaci said...

Totally doing comment #2 but seriously my work blocks EVERYTHING! But I will come back cause I like to laugh at you.

And and anddddd damn cows are pumped full of hormones #3 is true! My 6 year old is nearly as tall as me...not good.

Annsterw said...

That was hilarious - LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the vlog post - someday I will try that....much much later...LOL!!!!
Loved it!

Jen said...

What fun! And I am quite surprised you didn't take him down entirely. I expected to get a shot of the sky there. Too funny!

Kmama said...

How fun!! (and well, scary. I'm a chicken).

jcdawn said...

You are brilliant. People underestimate the simplicity of charm and wit. I think your blog is fantastic, Sara! I laughed out loud reading your posts, loved your video, and really enjoy the fact that I have a reliable source of good entertainment. Lame? FAR FROM IT!

The Stiffs said...

Well done! The whole time the only thing I could think is that you would be totally horrified by my hick accent and I would be horrified of your cold weather.

Tara said...

What The Stiffs said...

and, #1, definitely!

"Cookie" said...

I want to do it!!! But.... it's 65 degrees here today. Please, do not be jealous! :)

Should have kicked him harder for the pregnant comment!!

Kayla said...

Love that you were able to tape all the way down the hill!

If I had done a video of our sledding, it would have only lasted about 10 seconds - our hills aren't that big!

Cool Gal said...

OMG...LMAO!!! You looked like you were having a lot of fun! Seriously, why do we do these things? For our children, I guess. Loved the part where the snow was blowing in your face. Fun, fun, fun!

Oh, and that would have been me walking off, too! LOL!

Elizabeth-FlourishInProgress said...

"she attacked me. can you believe it?"
why yes, sir, yes i can.=)

oooo, you are so pretty. you rock that wool cap like nobody's business.

Anonymous said...

"oh my face" ?

but where did the pregnant comment come from?

really?

you look anything but...

more like a sexy winter kitten!!!

Anonymous said...

It's the way she stood up, fellow commenters. From all the snow clothes, she moved as she was pregnant. That's what I am assuming he meant in his temporary insanity. Looks like fun, we had plenty of sledding here in MO but it's finally melting today.

heidi said...

Your butt is cute even in snow gear.

Is that an ok comment or is it kind of weird? Yeah, you're right, kind of weird. *sigh*

That was nothing, baby. You gotta hit that hill running and literally HURL yourself down the hill.

Re-do.

Anonymous said...

I liked it when you started roughing him up. It was almost like a Cops episode or something.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Deck him, Sara!!! Good job, girly. I love going down hills.

Miller Racing Family said...

How fun. I love watching the v-logs. Loved the video. If I would have watched it last week I might have turned it off as I am sick of snow, but since we are having spring like temps and the snow is melting now I am alright with sledding again.
Happy Valentines Day!

Barbaloot said...

I did watch the video, I'm jealous of your red pants and I have 9 and 10 year-old nieces and nephews who like to tell me they're taller than I am. Boo.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

HA! LOL! I love it! Love it- best vlog to date! Hope your having a great Valentines Day my friend! XO
jessica

Betty Manousos said...

Hilarious!
Love it!
You're absolutely a doll!

Happy VL's Day, my sweet friend!

Big hugs!
B xx

Lady Mama said...

More! More insane tubing-down-hills vlogs please. I do think you're brave though - I would have screamed all the way down and probably tried to attack someone at the end.

Mrs. M said...

I hope your sensitive stomach survived that death defying plunge down a dangerous mountain! Nice VLOG!

alison said...

i love that you threw your hubs under the bus and told them that HE was the one with the sensitive stomach ;) totally something i would have done. and the "attack" scene?? next time ya gotta go for the knees!! takes them down every time!

Liz Mays said...

That was way too funny with all the snow in your face! LOL

The Napkin Dad said...

I watched the whole thing and now I am commenting on it. I looked at it the whole time, even the part where you were pregnant and had the baby while you went down the hill. is that legal?

Foursons said...

I watched the WHOLE thing! And for some strange reason your voice sounds almost exactly like what I thought it would sound like. You have more of an accent than I anticipated though.

We did that tube thing in New Mexico last year. It was fun!

Anonymous said...

It's almost like you're pregnant....ah, classic!

Sarah said...

You are very brave indeed. But I most like how much the video showcases your marriage :D. Classic!

mypixieblog said...

Oh, I just loved this... so very much. LOL! You are absolutely adorable... and yes. Very, VERY brave. I would be terrified! :)

Rachel said...

UGH! This is the part where I hate not being able to hear! It's obvious there's some crazy pregnant comment and I have no clue what it was (or why you didn't possibly punch someone after it?) ;)

But BRAVE, oh yes! And it looks awesomely fun! Good thing you didn't ruin it by launching off your tube at the end of the hill. Not like I've ever done that. Ahem.

But yes - it was a wonderful feat of valor!

Stephanie said...

YOU are ridiculously cute! Well done! (PS he so deserved that swat!)

Mama4Real said...

HEEHEE!!!! I love that you attacked him:)

(FTR: I never watch the videos. But I watched this one! :) )

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Haha! I love it, especially the end!

Kameron said...

OMG you are too cute!

Richelle said...

Funny video! Thanks for sharing... and for finding my blog! :)

Teachinfourth said...

Awesome first vlog! I love how the videographer stayed with you down the run...very well shot!