Random Thoughts/Realizations
• I loved the comments on the post about my dad. They made me laugh as I thought of what you must think his house looks like! You see, he hates to throw things away, yet? He is not a pack rat- at all. He does not like to have extra stuff around. (I know, I don't get it either, one of those mysteries of life. Do you suppose he has a secret storage center somewhere?)
• I am trying to not overuse commas as much. However, it is stressing me out. I love commas. Love 'em. Is there a support group?
• I am not huge on using feed-jit or google reader. I have them, but mostly as a "protection" for myself, as I am a mother, wife, teacher, runner, spaz... (where have I heard that before?!) However, every once in a while, after reading someone else's post about how people got to their blog, I like to go and check mine. I'm always like, "Um, you searched for what and found me?" It rather scares me. Also, it makes me paranoid to visit other blogs. I mean, when you see someone has been on your blog for a ton of time, or searched directly for your name, it makes you wonder, right? However, I am the sort of person who opens 3 pages at once, gets up to grab a drink, plays tractors with Asher, forgets the computer, and comes back an hour later. So, if someone is looking at their blog stats, I think they will be all, "Oh my, this woman was on my site for over an hour! Psycho!" I'm not! I swear! I just forget I'm there. Or, you have a really cool blog, and I look back through all of it, hoping your awesomeness will rub off on me. Either way, fear not, you are safe, I am harmless. (Just ask my husband. He always says I'm like a rabid poodle, and I am pretty sure he means that as a compliment.)
• My sister got inked and I didn't! Why does this make me excited? Because, as siblings, we are in a lifelong battle as to who dad is most worried about at the time. Since Bri passed away, dad has only the 2 of us, so we have to try harder to pin the other one. Each time one of us does something dad may freak about we say, "Ha! Now dad is on YOU for a while!" I got dad last time, so now this? I can save for a big one. *Um, yes, we do realize we are both adults, but if you've met my dad...
(Don't worry, little sis- I will never sell you out unless the only other option is death. Or a dad lecture, those can get lllloooonnnngggg)
• My doctor appointment today went great! Two years ago, I was told I have an incomplete bundle branch block on my heart after an EKG. They have monitored it every year, and it has never showed up again. Each time is such a huge relief. I love how they take my blood pressure before they do the EKG; I mean do they not think it is going to be high!?
• If winter doesn't end around here soon? I am totally going to spaz. The boys have been building forts inside, but they NEED fresh air! I'm thinking of using my CSN gift (Can I say I love CSN and their awesomeness for bloggers?) I know we all have different views on blog giveways/reviews and such...For me, CSN has been amazing, because of their excitement in working with bloggers as a media source. I can stand behind them when I see many of my blogging friends able to use their site for awesome stuff. So, I am thinking of using my gift certificate for a backyard swing sets... or indoor play area. no, no, not a new GPS, something for the CHILDREN, sara, the children
•Finally, someone asked me if I liked blogging today. My answer? Yes. If I were to write out a pro/con list to it, my con list would have entries, but the pro would be double. The wonderful people I've "met", the friends I've made, the stories I've heard... you all are amazing!

33 comments:
I think you're rather awesome myself!
Two comments.
I was totally here, nodding a big fat "Hell yes" when I was reading about the blog stats. I have a mac, and open everything up in a new Tab, and if you know my husband and I (which you don't), you would know that our computers are ALWAYS ON. So, I have, on occasion, looked at my open tabs and seen that I still have a blog open that I found DAYS ago. I always hope that since that tab was not the active one, that it wouldn't have shown the blog author that I was on it so long. Fingers crossed.
With the heart thing- good for you. I have palpitations (and have had 3 EKG, 2 Holter monitors, an event monitor, and an echo), all of which have never caught a single thing. Sure as the dickens though, the day I am done testing, they start up again. They seem to get worse after each pregnancy, and maybe it is just because I am getting older. I have been thinking about going to the Dr. again to see what they see, but have been putting it off since the new year means deductible time. I think your post was a little reminder (or a kick in the butt) to make the appointment just in case. I mean, I have two babies to think about for goodness sakes.
Anyways, hope all is going well with you. I read all of your posts (via google reader- sorry) and you give me lots of laughs.
Great news about the heart issue. What a relief. It's comforting to hear that you also have insecurities about your blog - I feel the same way seomtimes and it's good to know I'm not alone! And yes, I definitely think ramblish is a word. Definitelyish.
So I looked at my Feedjit thing the other day and someone actually arrived to my blog by searching for VERY PREGNANT BELLY P*RN SICK SICK SICK!!!! I felt so violated.
Blog stats are fascinating sometimes! (Also disturbing.)
i, too, adore commas. i remember when i was in college and we got assigned a term paper for one of my literature classes. the professor, IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE CLASS, looked at me and said, "alison, put all the commas you want in your paper. and then go back in and take out half of them. then you'll be close to right!" i. could. have. died. but then, just to spite him, i put in extra commas. i only lost a few points for grammatical incorrectness....and it was TOTALLY worth it ;)
Ah, yes, the phony heart murmur. Been there, done that.
Glad to hear your doctor's appt. went well. That's a rather scary thing, eh?
I have officially lost it this year in regards to the weather. I all over the winter blues junk. Seriously, I can't remember a winter this bad (below 0 again this morning). Calgon...take me away!
I never had really thought of my traffic source until I started seeing weird URLs. I clicked on them, and sure enough, smut. I don't know what "buzzwords" I used to drive that much to my blog. Perhaps it was the word "foreplay." Guess that's all it takes! LOL!
Oh, and I think you're wonderful, too!
Happy Wednesday.
I've left blogs open too and forgotten about it. I've even left them up overnight. I always hope they don't notice what a creeper I accidentally was.
My mom has a bundle branch too, but it doesn't seem to be affecting her. So glad your appt came out well!
I remember when we were kids (oh who am I kidding, this is true even today) that a dad lecture was way worse than getting yelled at. Actually, he rarely yelled at us - just "talked' about what we did which made us feel even worse and guilty than if we were yelled at and grounded for 2 years.
Hmmm...now that I think about it, I actually do that with Gohan. Guess it worked well!
dude, what's feedjit? i soooo have to check it out! is it automatically on my blog dashboard somewhere? i hope i figure it out...
I haven't checked my blog stats in months and months. My life is so much less stressful that way.
SO glad your appt went well. FANTASTIC news :)
I once got really freaked out because I noticed someone was spending a TON of time stalking me on my blog. Turns out, it was my OWN IP address.
I use way too many commas too. We should start a support group.
Love randomness! I get a little concerned when I see people coming back and coming back to my blog going through every post but NEVER once even saying "hey, I'm here." Remember I did have that creepy stalker who copied my picture and put on his page after he gave me horns, a mustache and wished stomach cancer on me. There are loony tunes out there....ax murderers too! Be careful!!
I was told once, by a boy, that I use commas way to often, then the boy turned out to be vicious jerk, so now I use commas just to spite him. Maybe I even do it incorrectly:)
I vote that your dad absolutely has a secret storage space cuz how else could he pick up mattresses off the side of the road and have room for them?
So glad your doctor appointment went so well! I don't mind your randomness at all!! :)
What, is, wrong, with, commas,?,?
Tell me you didn't notice that I pulled up your blog several hours ago, then got busy with something else (schoolwork), then left to take E to dance class and just realized I still had your blog open? Oh my!
I don't use Google Reader either.
You should get inked!
Congrats on the good news re: your heart!
I am always coming back to the computer after cooking dinner or sweeping floors and realizing I had a blog up that whole time. I'm sure some people think I'm a psycho stalker. I'm really pretty harmless though!
Im always leaving blogs up too. I wonder if people really think Im stalking them... lol Oh well, it just adds some excitement to their day, right?
I totally feel your pain about winter. We have been out of school 7 out the past 10 days. I think both Donnie and Trey are going to go crazy.
Blessings!
I'm the same. Go to a blog post, leave the laptop and it looks like I'm a major stalker. I come back and think I'll be banned or something. Winter needs to get out now. I'm tired and yes the forts are in my home as well. Good news on your tests!
I wish to see colorful ink all over you...
Great news about your heart. I need spring to come soon. We are going stir crazy.
It's great to ramble and get your thoughts out I hope you have an amazing weekend..
I'm so glad your dr. appointment went well my friend! And if it's any consolation, I overuse commas but simply cannot help myself!!
Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
Oh sweet girl how I love your random!
Now, where to start.
Ummm I would love it if someone spent an hour on my blog, but like you am well aware it is probably some girl who starts to read, goes to eat dinner, finishes said blog. (love the commas)
Yeah for the latest health test. YEAH!
And where does your Dad put all that stuff? :)
I'm so glad your doctor appointment went well!
I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only one that leaves blogs open while I walk away from the computer...and often return an hour later!
haha random posts are the best. glad to hear your doct appointment went well and I always leave blogs open just like Lexie said and then come back to it ;) It just gives me time to thinK! check out my blog for a free coach giveaway!
I think commas are dreadfully underused in modern society.
But let me ask this question - would the children not benefit from the GPS? After all, I bet they don't like being lost or late either. And you know what they say about a happy mommy:)
I love random posts like this! Also, I'm not even sure I know how to use my google reader. Shhh! I also LOVE blogging so much. It's been 4 years already!
Post a Comment