And? I did not exercise- any type- at all on top of it. Unless you count the workout my finger got from Angry Birds. Why?
Um.
• I was uber, uber, uber busy. Lie. I totally had time, I just didn't feel like it.
• I was honoring my body and it's desire for rest. Lie again. I actually feel and do much better when I am exercising regularly. Especially with my ADHD, exercise calms me down. So, the longer I don't exercise and release that energy? Don't ask.
However, I DID honor my body's desire for Lucky Charm bars and peanut butter. 110%
• All my workout clothes were dirty. All of 'em. This could be true. Despite the LARGE amount of workout clothes I have, they very well could have all been dirty. I am on a laundry strike. Odds are not in my favor.
Despite my period of laziness...I am back. I ran a nice 10 miles tonight, (shout out to the dog on 345th Ave. who chased me!) and 6 miles on Monday. It feels so good to get back out there again and get back in a routine.
However, my dietician pointed out I lost 2 lbs. Excuse me? What type of reward for laziness is that?! I did get my hair trimmed on Saturday, so I am attributing it to that.
Finally, to end my mundaneness here my new Garmin. I love it, but really, really hate it too. Once I learn how to use it, I may feel different.
Run on.

35 comments:
Ooh nice watch! I feel so much better when I exercise too.
enjoy your new toy! I'm glad you're back out there :) I need routine too, or I'm constantly cranky...wait, I'm constantly cranky anyhow ;)
Two weeks off and you jumped right to 10 miles? I'm impressed!
I'm scared to not run for that long..that I may just turn into a slug and never run again.
Glad you're back at it. And if it's any consolation if I stop exercising I lose weight too. (Shh, don't tell anyone that!)
Glad you're back at it. Garmins scare me, so I don't have one. (Has nothing to do with their price. Nope. Nothing.)
I'm glad you're back, my friend. :))
Love that watch, lovely!
Big hugs!
B xx
Sometimes it's nice to take a break from running. I like your Garmin. My older one looks like a circa 1982 computer strapped to my arm. Someday I'll upgrade. And I'm sure your weight loss can be attributed to a little hair trim, no question...
Oh, I like that line "I was honoring my body and it's desire for rest"...can I use it :) I need to get back to my workouts...I'm just SO SO TIRED!
Isn't it the best??? I am so glad it's starting to warm-up. I am a little sick of going to the club (I don't like running outside in the winter.). Running outdoors is my favorite thing to do in terms of exercise.
Glad you're back at it. You're so right about feeling better! :)
Yay for spring!
Oh! I can't wait for it to warm up enough to run outside! 10 miles after 2 weeks off? You are so impressive! I don't have a Garmin, but I have the Nike thingy. Oh the pressure! I feel like I can never slow down because i won't like the number on the little screen! HAHA!
I'm not sure I could even bang out 10 and then 6 after a 2 week layoff--kudos to you!
I was just looking at the new Garmins at REI last week...saweet!
The thought of ten or even six miles of running makes my legs cramp up and want to fall off.
Good for you though!
I love my Garmin! It's addictive. And I don't really use all the features.
Hope life slows down a bit and cheers to you for honoring your need for rest.
I didn't 'use' my Garmin for almost a week. Just wore it and looked at it. But once I figured it out and tried it, I love it. Now I'm timing my walks downtown to and from work and geeky stuff like that : ) Enjoy!
I wish I lost weight doing nothing. If that were the case, I would weigh nothing because I do nothing.
Glad you took a little break. Even if you like running (have I told you you're crazy for that?) stepping away, even briefly, helps make things better when you come back.
That's pretty impressive- the 10 miles AND the Garmin.
Soooo... I started running again (ok, really slow jogging again) AND my trainer convinced me to sign up for my first 5k this fall. Yay!! I am so excited!
Last time I had two weeks of laziness it did not result in a LOSS of two pounds...but if anyone deserves it, you did. I'm sure it feels good to be back in a routine---but I bet for a little bit it felt good to not have to run. I know the days I take off (if I space them far apart) usually feel quite nice.
I'm pretty sure I could run more awesome if I had that COOL watch!
Uh, GARMIN headquarters are right here in Kansas City after all...must find someone who works there.
Woo-hoo!! I ran my first 5k last week...thanks for the inspiration!!
I'm very sure I haven't run 16 miles in my entire life! Go you!
I thought maybe you had neglected your blog in your laziness but it looks as though I've just missed a post. Let me run read it...not run literally.
2 weeks off and then right back to 6 and 10 miles? I'm impressed...again!
I've been "honoring" my body since Christmas - must get back to it!!
I've gone almost 2 weeks with no workouts.... finally, got my rear going Monday. And I feel sooooo much better! Exercising helps me stay "sane" and deal with whatever comes a lot better.
really... you need a garmin to run? I have always said if you dont know where you are going, dont do it. Well maybe you where running into the deep dark woods after being chased by a mean poodle and ended up swimming across a wild steam and after getting swept down stream you were a bit... well confused... ok I could see where it might come in handy then
Girl, you're 2 weeks ain't got nothing on my almost two MONTHS. ugh. You & you're overcheiver-ness are making me mad at myself. But mad enough to get off the couch right now? Nope!
WOW!!! You are amazing!!!!! I only dream of quitting running and still losing 2 pounds - sooooo jealous!!! I guess I need to get my mouth wired shut if I want to stop running - HA!!!!
Wow... I'd love to be able to take a couple weeks off of running and then pound out a 6-miler on my day back. Way to go! You're a rockstar!
I just bought a Garmin today via Amazon.com... got the 305.
I feel better when I work out too. Good job getting back to it.
I have to do some type of excerise every day if not I am more exhausted by the end of the day- does that even make sense? LOL! Good for you to get running! Kudos!
I feel much better when I exercise, too. That's why I haven't given it up, even through the severe morning sickness.
I'm glad you're getting back into it!
I can't believe you took 2 weeks off and then jumped right back in running 10 miles! I took a week off from the gym to take the kids to Disneyland and just went back and got my ass royally kicked. I could barely manage to run at 5 mph at a 5% incline on the treadmill for a mere 3 minutes before begging for mercy.
You never fail to impress me!
Very awesome!!! I think thats so great that you give your body what it needs, whether its running or rest. GO YOU!!! and love ur watch btw:)
Good to hear you are back in the swing. Whenever I miss running for a few days I always justify it by saying my body needs a break.
Wait! Lucky Charm Bars? How have I not heard of these!!
I think you deserved to take a break from running and eat some PB and Lucky Charms. You are an uber runner!
I so need a new Garmin myself:) Glad you're back to the running!
It has been a lazy week here as well. The weather is nice so I also have no excuse. I share the love hate realtionship with Garmin.
Hope all is well with your family.
Blessings!
Glad you are getting into the groove of running. And yes totally hearing Madonna in my head right now. I love your "between the lines" posts.
Post a Comment