5.06.2011

Confessions of a Spaz

If you stick through to the end of this post, you will be rewarded (Yeah, that doesn't work on my students either, but I had to try.) with an explanation as to why in the world I am currently rocking this on my face: 


I came up with this awesome idea: Track and field day is coming up for the 4th grade students. Each year, the teachers have a role they fill during the events, as well as keeping track of all their homeroom students and their whereabouts. Way easy, considering there are 3 grade levels, teachers, parents, grandparents and a fair amount of canines out there as well. 
I thought it might be a good idea to have the 4th grade make t-shirts so we could easily identify them. 
(kicking myself) 
Yesterday, as I was helping stamp last names on the shirts, I decided it would be a good idea to use my TEETH to open a paint bottle. I mean, LOOK at the size of this opening. It was taking FOREVER to squeeze the stuff out!
And yes, I have jaws like bone here. 

Long story short: 
If you hold a paint bottle in your mouth, squeeze, and pop the lid off? It will squirt a fair amount of paint into your mouth. In which you will gasp, swallow, and accidentally ingest it. In front of 6 students and a parent volunteer helper. 
You can barely see my mistake below, but it is there, believe me


Following this accidental ingestion, I may have found paint on my face, in my hair, on my clothes, and even on the classroom walls. sorry dave, I'm totally gonna clean that up. 
Following this? I sat in a wet chair at the teacher appreciation luncheon and got to spend the next hour walking around with wet pants. 


However! None of these was any better than the feeling I have right now, with Monistat Soothing Care Cream Powder Gel soothing my face. 
Why? Because I needed a new primer, and I am practicing "thriftiness." 
Smashbox primer = $38.00
Monistat Soothing Care Cream Power Gel= $5.99


According to many beauty blogs, this stuff works as well- or better than- most department store primers. 


So I bought it and it is currently spread across my face. Don't worry, I told the cashier at Target what I was using it for so she wouldn't think I had "issues" in other areas. 
post signature

39 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Sara!!! *snickers* I love your spaz stories!

Di said...

I'm laughing too hard to form words. Love it!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

HAHA!!! I love your spaziness!!! And I'm really not sure if I believe you about your purchase. ;)

Unknown said...

i'm expecting a photo of bluish sara...hahaha!

The Stiffs said...

I know you really just wanted to be Smurfette for the day. Love your stories!

Kmama said...

Oh my goodness. Only you. Only you.

bobbi said...

hehe, giggling...

but we must know...does it REALLY work as well?

Erin said...

You never cease to amaze me and I always leave your blog cracking up. You must text or im me and tell me how your monistat cream is working. Wow lol I would have never thought of using that. I will send you a bottle of Chanel primer just because I'm worried about you ok? ;)

Cheeseboy said...

Holy... CRAP that is funny. We teachers do the weirdest stuff.

Kristina P. said...

Wow, that is awesome. I hope it was delicious!

Nicole said...

LOL you crack me up!! I'm glad the cream helped! I wish you were my teacher when I was younger lol, I would've laughed a heck of a lot more!

Teamarcia said...

Classic hilarity! We are kindred spirits.

Cool Gal said...

"Preparation H" for zits and "Monistat" for primer.

What is next???

K-Y Jelly.

Okay, I'm game.

Barbaloot said...

Not gonna lie---I'm not sure what primer is...

But I do kind of love the image of you ingesting paint. In a concerned way, of course.

alison said...

okay....i am going to fess up to the fact that i might have attempted to open a paint bottle with my teeth before and MIGHT have ingested a bit of said paint. but i am living proof that it won't adversely affect you. i have, in fact, always been this weird ;)

Richelle said...

I didn't know you could use Monistat for that! I enjoy reading your spaz stories... they always make me laugh. :)

Anonymous said...

all kisses are on hold until all that paint comes off your lips....lol

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the cashier still thought you were full of shit. :)

Sara said...

Oh. My. Word.... hilarious!! Also, I'm not sure that telling the cashier what the cream was for was less awkward than it's original purpose. But is it working? Do you think it would break someone out? I can use the Smashbox product without it breaking me out, so I wonder....

Kitchen Belleicious said...

I mean does it really work? The monistat that is. I am so curious? Only you would try it and worry the cashier might think you had other issues! You just made my mothers day by reading this!

Amy said...

Happy Mother's Day..

Sounded like my week last week..

Missy said...

I can so relate to you!!!
Happy Mother's Day!

Meghan said...

I am so sorry you ingested the paint, but man, what a good story!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Haha!! Great story.

Happy Mother's Day!

"Cookie" said...

You, my friend, are a hoot! Just looking at your picture there .... you totally look like you're up to something. :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

LOL! So...how does your face feel?

Liz Mays said...

You are cracking me up, and I'm sorry that I can't find any arguments in your spaz theory. It's rock solid. ;)

Annsterw said...

Love it and also TRYING it!!! I am a sucker for a bargain...even if it requires applying private area cream to your face!!! :-)

Kameron said...

I'm such a non-girl. What is primer?? Maybe I should investigate this....

Stephanie said...

Bwhaha Oh no no..never use your teeth as tools! Never!

and PS I don't care how much less it costs, I could not put that stuff on my face:)

Amy said...

It was a nice Mother's Day.. I hope you had a nice one also.. Have a great night..

Tara said...

OMGosh that is hilarious about the Monistat! I've heard the Preparation H stories but refuse to buy it for that reason...like you, I'm afraid people would actually think I needed it for hemorrhoids.

Caution/Lisa said...

I'm feeling old, too. Don't know what primer is, but am guessing it's like priming the walls before painting? Or is it priming a pump before it runs? Neither one of those sounds promising!

Loved this post :)

Charisse said...

That is the BEST story ever. How is that I didn't receive that in text or tweet form??? You, my dear friend, absolutely rock my socks.

Let me know how that Monistat is working for you. And hey...what is primer? I feel like I should know this because I am a makeup-oholic.

Sarah MP said...

HAHA! Let us know how it works. I find my makeup melts off all summer.

Kaci said...

Sara I say this with love but WTF? =) I was totally thinking this was another post when I saw that picture.

Anonymous said...

lol about the paint. Too funny!

But Im totally confused as to why that "primer" is on your face? What is it and what is it supposed to do?

Miller Racing Family said...

This totally sounds like something I would do. I am always opening stuff with my teeth and you would think I would learn by now, what I am opening will go into my mouth.
Hope the primer made the day better.
Hope all is well with you. Have a fabulous day!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

I never stop learning from you! May have to check out this new idea for primer myself!