Moving on. As I have embarked on some of my runs lately, I have began to give them "names" of sorts. You know, to help me remember the high/low points of the run, and put it into perspective.
Last night? It was actually fairly cool out from a 100* + day, so I went on a little jaunt to relax. (Which, btw, was at 9:00 p.m., which for myself, is a great motivator to move quickly, to arrive back home before the bears get me. This is one pitfall of living in the boonies- you see more wildlife on your runs than cars, and wildlife is wild and can attack innocent runners who smell like rancid sweat.)
All of which is besides the point. My point was...um,
I'm naming my runs!
Such as:
July 6th- 4.5 mile run with Dana. The run where I was going to do some interval work with her, but we got so busy talking that I forgot. Side note: Talking while running is new to me, since I have mostly always run by myself, so I need to figure out how to do this and breathe as well, as I am getting rather winded without this ability.
July 15th- 8.05 mile run (yes, I go down to the foot)
The run in which it was really hot, my water bottle felt like it was 15 lbs, and I should have screwed the top on better because it kept dripping on me which was sucky, and in which I blamed some of my slow speed on the humidity, hills, and dirt roads I was running on. After all, everyone knows that dirt roads slow you down, right? It is not that I'm slow as dirt.
July 19th- 4.65 mile run
The run in which I KNOW my right short leg shrunk- terribly! I could not run more than a few feet without that bugger climbing up to my BUM CHEEK and showing the whole world (fine, the corn fields) my cellulite farm. Ugh. Also spend a good deal of time pondering as to why my neighbors are unable to wave at me. Serious? Is it that hard? Oh, and what is with all the big old frogs on the road anyway? Big fat ones, just hanging out all over the road, waiting to be hit. And the run where I ate some bugs, which is good, because I was low on my protein for the day. #win
So, anyone else name their runs? I certainly cannot be the only one, right?!
24 comments:
I'm itchin' to get back out there. My last run was on Sunday and I'm starting to feel the build-up of stress. Problem is the heat. The heat is a killer. But, I'm gonna start naming my runs. The hot run. The hotter than he** run. The I must be in purgatory run. The I am so stupid for being out here in this killer heat run. I could go on I'm sure, but I'll stop now and save some for another time. I'm thrifty like that.
Agghh! I HATE when my shorts climb up my @ss!!! ***And Boo to neighbors not waving! ...although, maybe they were too busy checking out your butt?
*And no, I do not name my runs.. because that would require me to run. And I don't like that. :) *Not long ones anyways...
Neighbors not waving is my biggest pet peeve. Seriously. Smile, dammit! It's not that difficult! Urg.
I have to pretend my neighbors are deaf and blind. Or maybe they know I have a blog and talk about them.
Oh wait, they're my in-laws. Oops.
:)
I'd name my runs if I could escape the rain to start. Boo!
Those are long names!
My run names are pretty much, "the one where I don't want to go but I need to and so I will and it ends up being a good thing so why can't I just get used to doing this on a regular basis?!"
I guess that's a long name, too.
Mine all have the same name ever since a friend introduced the term "slog" to me (Slow + jog).
There was the one where I also ate bugs too. I'll call it: I'm pretty sure that's a bat that keeps buzzing by...Ohhh, it's probably because I'm eating his food source!
I name my runs, too, but usually only the races.
You immediately made me think of high school cross country, when we had all our running routes and landmarks named.
My runs are usually named cuss words these days.
Fairly cool after a 100 degree day? You are tough!
I've been a mill wuss all week.
Jon names his runs too...although there mainly naughty words like "Sh!ty Hills" or "Effing Dog chases me on this block" LOL!
I don't run, but I name my cakes, "Too much icing!" or "Fuckin kept falling over!" Or my favorite, "Stupid Christmas tree!"
Ahhh, good memories!
Not yet but I just might start!
Some of our neighbors don't wave either. So rude.
My neighbors wave too much here. Makes me crazy!!! That frog and bug run was something else!
Wellllllll.... I name my runs loosey gooseys. But I doubt very much thats the kind of run your talking about, so nevermind.
I thought they were getting names like Bob or Franny, but those work too. ;)
lol you crack me up! I love that you name your runs! They are yours to name it shows how much they mean to you! I haven't been exactly naming my yoga classes that I give, but calling one "Twister" (all twists) and one the "Hipster" (all hip opening). its totally fun and helps me to remember which poses go with which class! :) I think you should write down all your runs name and journal them!
I name my runs too. They are usually just named after the area I run but sometimes I have the hellish run or the sprinkler run.
Oh I can't believe you are running in this heat. I think Friday it is suppose to be 105 with the humidity. All I can say is ice tea and the AC for me.
Blessings!
with the title at first I really was thinking oh lord what has she gone and posted now:) You should name your runs, it will help and I am so proud of you for continuing to run even though it is only 200 degrees outside!
Wow, those are some very long names. You might want to consider abbreviating.
BTW, I can't stand running with a water bottle. I have to plan my runs around places with drinking fountains or stash a water bottle in the bushes somewhere.
I refer to runs as "DEATH" ;)
I wish I ran so I could pick out some names...One day=)
I love this post--I do not name my runs but maybe I'll start. Hubby and I are going to start training for a half marathon together soon and that might be the best way for us to know which runs we are heading on.
Post a Comment