Luckily for him, the store must have known he was coming, so they had the big expensive tractor balloons right there when we walked in the door.
I made him a cake. Yeah, that yellow and green blob? Took me 3 hours. The weekend prior, we had taken the boys to Moline, Illinois to see the John Deere Pavilion and headquarters for his birthday gift.
Luckily, Corey took us on the scenic route, so we were able to make the 6 hour drive in only 10 hours. sore bum, ornery kids...Hello DQ!


Luckily, Corey took us on the scenic route, so we were able to make the 6 hour drive in only 10 hours. sore bum, ornery kids...Hello DQ!


Ladies? If you are single and looking for a man... May I suggest hanging out at the harvester works as a viable option? Out of about 100 people taking the tour, the ratio of women to men was 4:96 (However, I would also suggest wearing JD apparel and waiting until the tour is over and ambushing them in the parking lot. Every man on the tour was awestruck by the awesomeness of watching combines being made, and therefore most likely unable to register they were being hit on.)
Company Headquarters. I am not sure if you can sense the level of humidity from these picture, but it was pretty intense. And by intense, I mean I was dying.
If I had tires like this on my car...oh the possibilities.
Army base in Moline.
Yeah, I wish I could arrange my pics in a pretty manner as well, but alas, I am too lazy to learn how. Now, I am off to snuggle my new 5 YEAR OLD can handle this, can handle this, can handle this, can handle this.


















31 comments:
You are much too cool.
Love the cake. My family would LOVE to go to the John Deere place!
Awww...Happy 5th birthday to you sweet little man! Five is such a special year! Looks like y'all had a fun trip to celebrate!
if we lived anywhere close to within a day's drive of a john deere factory...i might never see my son and husband again. looks like a grand good time! (and apparently i can turn a semi-short trip into an all day event, so i'm a lil on corey's side with the scenic route!)
Baby Asher stop growing up, mmm kay? =) Love the tire picture. XO
Sounds like a perfect birthday for him! And I'm impressed that you even attempted that cake. I so want to be good at cake decorating.
I think your tractor cake looks good! :) I can totally tell it's a tractor.. and not just because you told us - OR that there is one behind the cake! :)
What a great birthday for Asher!!
Loving the poorly arranged photos! ;)
I'm sure it's a birthday he will never forget. Even if he stops loving John Deere. (which, I kind of doubt.)
Hey if he had wanted to see tractors I am pretty sure I could have arranged for him a whole day of tractor fun at my parents farm! LOL! Happy b-day to your adorable son and what a fun party!
Be still my heart. Asher would love Kentucky! Happy birthday little man!
So glad you were able to give him a trip he will never forget - can't believe you could both fit in the tractor wheel...cute pic!!
And I can totally see that his cake is a tractor!! Bet he loved every minute of it :)
They look so funny and tiny sitting in the scoop!
By the way, your cake is not a yellow and green blob. That came out so well!
Looks like lots of fun. Happy belated birthday to your 5 year old.
What a fun day! The cake turned out great - I think it would literally be a blob cake if I was to make an attempt! And you CAN handle it, you just don't have to LIKE it! :)
I hope Asher had a wonderful birthday! I'm thinking he did! ;) Cute pictures!
Happy big 0-5 to Asher! It looks like you planned the PERFECT few days for him. Is he entering Kinder in the fall or do I remember you telling me that you're holding him out?
Happy birthday to Asher! What a fun trip - and if I were looking for a tractor lovin' dude, I know where to hang out!
Thankfully, Andrew is napping while I'm looking at these pictures again. After we saw your pictures on FB, he proceeded to get out every JD toy he owns. Great job on the cake....esp. since you aren't a cook/baker....I think it looks just like a tractor and not a green/yellow blob!
How awesome! My almost-five-year-old saw me looking at your post and had to hear about it. :) I told him your son loves John Deere tractors like he loves trains, and he understood. Happy birthday to your guy!
That's awesome! What a great birthday trip! I'm liking those odds of men to women as well......must remember that the next time I'm on your side of the pond :-) xx
Great pics! I think your birthday cake turned out pretty darn amazing! And I'm sure he loved it!!
Oh yes, the possibilities with those tires.... :)
I am super proud of you for that cake. You should get mother of the year award. Isn't that tractor headquarters every little alright big boys dream? I love the family shot with the tractor wheel. So fun. Thanks for taking us on a flash back.
Blessings!
These are so sweet! And, the cake is fabulous!
A very happy belated birthday to Asher!!
Girl, you done real good with that cake. It looks fabulous to me!
And a special trip for his birthday? That is one lucky five-year-old!
Aww adorable!! Looks like he had a very special day! I love it.
WOW.... boys do like big green trucks, dont we?
You are an Amazing Mama. Oh it is a good thing I had girls:)
PS your cake. Awesome!
haha! What a cute birthday! I love the photo of you in the tire! You are hilarious! So happy y'all had a good time- now get over to Michigan and come hang out :)
OH MY! My son would be in heaven with Asher at the JD Headquarters. WOW! What a fun time!! Our boys are getting older..... *tear*
What a fun birthday excursion! You are one cool mama!
Oh my goodness, my 5 year old would be in John Deere heaven!! He loves all that tractor stuff!
P.S. I have trouble arranging my pictures in a "pretty manner" as well...glad I'm not the only one :)
Post a Comment