11.11.2011

Happy Birthday Elijah!

Apparently, without asking my permission, THIS LITTLE MAN:

 Decided he could go ahead and turn NINE (9)! NINE! NNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE!! tomorrow. 
(I do really well with their birthdays, clearly.) 

How? How did my firstborn go from a sweet fine, he cried pretty much his first 4 months little baby to a little man bent on reaching escape velocity? 
One day, he was just a wee babe of 7 months crawling up the stairs at our house, and now? He is educating the world on future robotics, and watching TED talks late into the night. 

My favorite sayings/moments from the last year? 

- "Mom, do you know what the biggest problem with solar death rays are?"  

- His 2nd grade teacher telling me she asked "let" him answer a question about what clouds are made of (he was in utter disbelief that some of his classmates could actually still believe clouds were made out of a cotton candy like substance). She said he got up, walked to the front of the room, and spent the next 10 minutes explaining all the types of cloud formations. She couldn't do anything but sit back and laugh, as well as try to figure out what to do next, as he had just taught the whole lesson she had planned. 

- E telling the gym teacher he "quit" gym, because he just wasn't finding it very interesting. 

A couple of "Elijah-isms" from my FB page: 


- Watch out world: Elijah has been googling turtle types and found people who sell turtles to eat, and those who intentionally breed 2 headed turtles. Dr. Evil is hatching a plan to rid the world of these evil people.
  
-Ugh. Chaos in the house. Asher broke Elijah's prototype for an Anti Matter Chamber (in which he could possibly scramble his molecules allowing them to move through objects) and so Asher will likely be Elijah's test specimen.

His new turtle: The joy is evident, isn't it? 
 

 And another new turtle: (Seriously, you HAVE to watch this one and tell me if you don't keel over laughing)


Happy Birthday my awesome little man! I love you!

post signature

23 comments:

The Stiffs said...

Happy happy birthday!

Emmy said...

Hope he has a great birthday! He sounds ablot like my oldest.

Sarah said...

LOVE this post! What a great kid!

Sara said...

Your 9 y/o is smarter than me. Yes. I totally just admitted that.

Happy Birthday to him :-)

"Cookie" said...

Happy Birthday to Elijah!!!! Hope he has a fabulous day. ..... and your kid is crazy smart. I died laughing about the cloud lesson he taught instead of the teacher. He's awesome!!!

Kaci said...

Happy Birthday big boy!! =)

Foursons said...

Happy 9th Birthday Elijah! (Just wait Sara, the 10th birthday is almost unbearable.)

And honestly, I expect one day to see Elijah winning the Nobel Peace Prize for some amazing thing he did in the world of science. The boy is a genius! (And I love that he taught his class the WHOLE lesson his teacher had planned. So cool!)

Impulsive Addict said...

Happy Birthday to your 9 year old! Mine will be 2 soon. =(

Ok, so why is he crying in the video AND in the picture? Is he scared of turtles or does he want to keep it and you shoot him down? Maybe I should re-read the post. I've had a crazy busy day and I've been awake for like 435 hours.

bobbi said...

What a cool kid! Happy birthday Elijah! I hope your mom let you keep it :)

Miller Racing Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELIJAH! Loved this post, he sounds like a fabulous little man!
Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

Aw, Happy Birthday to your little man!! That picture of him crying breaks my heart a little bit.

Betty Manousos said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!!

your little man is soo handsome!
hugs

Stephanie said...

I laughed OUT loud! He is so sweet and the more times I watched that video clip the harder I laughed:) Happy Birthday to your baby!

KSK said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!
He is such a smart little guy! And I love that he loves turtles!!! *I hope you let him keep that little turtle! ;)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Happy Birthday Elijah! Sorry I am late with the wishes! I can't believe he is nine and I love the line about him quitting gym bc he didn't find it interesting! LOL! If only we could do that as adults! Hope ya'll had a wonderful day!

Shell said...

Happy birthday to your little character!

Liz Mays said...

He's so overcome with emotion! What a precious soul. He may become a world renowned scientist one day!

Amy said...

how cute is he.. Happy Birthday to him.. I love that he just walks off with that cup wanting to keep it no matter what too cute.. My little man turns 4 months today..

Healthy Mom Project said...

Happy Birthday to your smart little man!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Happy birthday! Love the photo of him with the turtle. So sweet.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Happy 9th Birthday, Elijah!
Nine?!? Seriously???

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!

King J's Queen said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Elijah! Bless his heart, I've never seen a child so enthralled with turtles. Every time I see one somewhere, I think of him. Pretty cool considering we've never met.