A couple of weeks ago, my friend Amber told us she was doing a boudoir style photo shoot. She wanted a bunch of us to do it. My first thought? NO freaking way. I hate pictures of myself. I have body dysmorphic disorder people. I have been known to cry getting dressed in the morning (that was last week though, and this is a new week, right?) But, I decided to do it and make my e.d program people proud.
And? We had a blast. Dana, Amber and I had piles of clothing, music, bad jokes, laughter and some odd poses. I felt uncomfortable with my body and didn't care. Here are a few of the (somewhat appropriate) shots.
Ladies? May I suggest you do the same? Forget about what you think you look like now, and how you need to "lose weight, tone up, blah, blah, blah" and go for it. Find a photographer who you trust and just do it. Go for a mindset of beauty from the inside, letting yourself shine through. Unless you are a supermodel, I can't imagine any of us really ever looks at pictures of ourselves and don't critique them. We are moms, wives, friends, workers, sisters, people who continually clean a house that never stays clean, look for flaws within ourselves in lieu of beauty, don't let others point a camera at us, crop tiny shots of ourselves out of larger pictures to use as profile pics, hide ourselves behind others in pictures.
(yes, there are more, NO, I am not posting them!)
I am glad I did this. Years from now, I hope to look back and be glad I made the decision to do this, thinking "yeah! I had the courage to do that!"






48 comments:
These are amazing! You look uber sexy.
YOu look fabulous! Maybe I will have the courage to do this too! I have my photographer back in MI, but I guess I just need to do like you said and stop stressing over everything.
Very cool! Your eyes look gorgeous in that first one.
Sara, you are awesome! I love that you just went for it even though you weren't comfortable with the idea. Your pictures turned out beautifully!! You look genuine and that is true beauty. Thank you for sharing :)
yay!! i love these!!! super sexy
You look mah-velous dah-ling!
You are gorgeous. Be proud of those pics. One day I hope to be brave enough to do this.
You look amazing! So beautiful. And what a courageous thing for you too.
Those are so beautiful! Just lovely.
You look great!!! Kudos for having the guts to do this. :)
You are hot! First your eyes- beautiful! And how do you get your hair to have curls like that? Love the one with your sitting by the window- so timeless and makes me wonder what you are thinking.
How fun that you did this!
{insert cat whistle here}
LOOK AT YOU, HOT STUFF!!!!!
Those pics are fabulous! I'm sensing that there might be others that are full of juiciness. Am I right? Why can't we see?
I WANNA SEE!!!!
What a great thing to do. I'm don't think I'm ready for photos like that yet...but you look sexy and sassy and it makes me want to be ready:)
Freaking fabulous girl! You look incredible. I'm sure your hubby's eyes are popping out of his head with these.
You are such a beautiful woman!! I'm glad you did this for yourself!
Those are really good.
You're gorgeous Sara! I see no reason whatsoever to dislike these photos. Kudos to you!
You look unbelievable my friend! You go girl! I love them all. So glad you just went for it.
You look gorgeous and sexy!! I bet Hubs wants a few blown up for the wall. :) I'm glad you did this. You should be proud of yourself for stepping out. I am.
You are completely beautiful! What a wonderful thing you did and I hope you can see what we see when you look at them.
Amazing Sara. Stunning.
You look awesome, and totally natural...you can't tell me you don't sit in the window like that all day long. Perfect.
How fun is it to have these?
Way to go, girlfriend!!! I promise you, in 10 years you will look back at these beautiful shots and wonder why you didn't appreciate your loveliness!!!
Wowzers! Hot mama. I think it's a great idea. Not sure I'd have the courage, but it's a great idea!
Oh well done!! :)
beautiful.
I am SO proud of you and your courage! Lovely pics - so tasteful and beautiful.
Awesome! This is something I've wanted to do for a while now. And (don't hate) since opening the bakery (stress and working), I've lost about 10 pounds so right now would be a good time to take the plunge.
Congrats on taking such a big step. I know how difficult that must have been for you.
These are gorgeous! Great pics! I hope to do a shoot like this after this last baby :)
girl...those pictures ROCK! i have a photog friend who has done shots like these for some folks. i SO don't have the courage to do anything like this....but major kudos to you for taking the plunge!
You look great!
I've always wanted to do this.
Wow!!!!! You look gorgeous!!!!!! So proud of you for putting yourself out there and doing this!
Wish I had the courage to do the same!
You are absolutely beautiful!!!
Bow chica wow wow :) You look great! Good for you for doing this!
I think your gorgeous! =) But you know that already! XOXO
OMG you look STUNNING and SUPER SEXY in these photos :) GO YOU! I did this once with a few girlfriends and it was a wonderful thing. Definitely a really fun bonding experience.
Wow!!! You look A-mazing!! Well done for being brave enough to share x
You are so beautiful Sara. I mean it totally. So sexy and real and amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Sara, you are gorgeous!!! I mean it. And, I seriously hope you don't cry when you're getting dressed anymore. Seriously, GORGEOUS!!
You are a hottie! I bet your husband loves them.
Beautiful!
these are awesome friend- you looks simply stunning and gorgeous
SHUT UP! You look AMAZING! AS in I wish I could look half as good but all I can pull off is sleep deprived with frizzy hair.
LOVE IT!
Wow those are amazing.. Thanks for sharing.. I am glad you did it too.. Smiles..
I am glad you did this photoshoot as well. If it helps you heal, then that is all the reason you need but they are gorgeous and so are you!
You are beautiful! I'm glad you had them done!
You're a total hottie! How cool you did those. No regrets, girlfriend, no way.
OMG!!! I LOVE those photos!!!! Love them. I have BDD too - only I secretly think I'm thinner than I really am. Everytime I look in the mirror I am seriously pissed off. Anyway - I digress - your tags: yes to spaz ;) No to things I will regret later.
love them.
Kristen
YOU LOOK AMAZING IN THESE PHOTOS!
Post a Comment