1.11.2012

I've Peaked- Wordless Wednesday

Well, this isn't exactly going to be 100% "wordless" because I have to explain myself here. Pretty close to wordless though. I posted this gem on FB last week, having found it tucked away somewhere. 
Taking one look at it, the horrible realization that I've peaked and it is all downhill from the point this picture was taken hit me. How does one rise higher than big glasses, bad home perm, and though you can't see it- I had leopard leggings on.

My friends comments were kind (and thank you to those of you commented supportive words). 
Talking to my friend Charitie at Zumba last week? Someone brought up this pic, and we were all laughing. Charitie says, "Yeah, I saw that. I was going to comment...but I just...didn't know what to say..." 
post signature

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of bad home perms. Most of my youth was spent with them!

Stephanie said...

Ohh why did our Mother's let us get thos perms!!!?? Yes, for me, I blame my Moher.

Tara said...

I commented about us looking like twins...well, I need to dig up my picture so you can see for yourself! The resemblence is scary!!! For real....scary!

Foursons said...

I had the same hair. :)

Sara said...

I just got new glasses. I think I wish I had waited to pick mine out until after I saw this, because THOSE glasses are the ultimate :-)

Barbaloot said...

I swear it's like looking into a mirror. I never realized we were both THAT awesome!!

Amanda said...

I think my high was when I not only had the bad spiral, but I kept getting my poor bangs permed because the curl would grow out and heavens forfend I stop looking like a poodle!

Bari said...

Yep. Been there, looked like that. Thank goodness those days are far behind!

susan said...

i had hair and glasses just like those. red ones!!

Kaci said...

I think you look fab!! =)

Impulsive Addict said...

You've got big girl balls for posting that 90's picture. I may or may not have some like it. I will never tell and the pictures will never be found. EVER. Assuming that there are any....

alison said...

oh my 90s pics will NEVER see the light of internet-day. unless someone who claims to love me goes behind my back and posts one! i had some serious 80s frizz throughout most of the 90s. and braces. and i might have owned some hammer pants. booyah ;)

Miller Racing Family said...

Home perms aren't we thankful we grew out of them. Have a great week.

"Cookie" said...

I think we all have pics like this. You're just the only one brave enough to post them! :)

Anonymous said...

See, the first thing I noticed was that your oldest is the spitting image of you....and he's gorgeous.....so I guess you must be too, huh. You know, bad perm aside. :)

Mamarazzi said...

oh the hair is awesome! i remember the days of the kinky perm and big glasses!!

Betty Manousos said...

i think you look gorgeous.
smooches!!

The Mommy Therapy said...

I think you wouldn't have peaked if you would just resurrect the hair. Surely you can give yourself a home perm, right? Why fight it? This look clearly works for you. (I am assuming you are still wearing leopard leggings, because why wouldn't you be?)

Love it!

Mrs. M said...

I wouldn't exactly say "practically" wordless...:) And I totally rocked a look like that too.

Wiz said...

My mom wouldnt let me get a perm. It made me SO mad! I thank her now :) Love the picture though. I love looking at old pictures. I have some real doozies!

Missy | Literal Mom said...

I had perms like that too. And LOVED them back then. Wow - times have changed, haven't they?

Kitchen Belleicious said...

oh i remember my perm. I just had to have it at the time. I am thinking i need to find those pics and just burn them before my brother uses them against me!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Perms just were not good. Yup I got one too.

Emmy said...

Why were those perms ever popular. So many of us feel victims to them. I got one, cost a fortune as I had a lot of hair. I hated it so much I washed my hair that night. My poor mom

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I have my own fair share of awful pictures. What were we (better yet, our parents) thinking?!?

Macey said...

So...I'm just....remembering the time I burned all the pictures that I have that look like this...LOTS of em.

mypixieblog said...

We could have been sisters! Seriously. Except that my hair and glasses may have been bigger, if you can believe it.

I think you look totes adorable here :)