I'm lazy.
You see, I was busy
Yes, once again, I decided at the last possible moment to run a race. I like to do this to assure I pay the highest price possible for the race. #win
Anyway, onto the race itself. An 8:30 a.m. start time- which my lazy bum appreciates. My friend Heidi (who happened to be running it, but we were not running it together) and I had been commenting on how nice the weather was at the start line- perfect actually. Nice and cool, a little breeze...
Both Heidi and I decided to start at the 2:10 pace group. I was feeling really good, and figured I could go faster, but didn't want to start out too strong and fall behind. By mile 2, I knew I was coming out too slow and needed to speed up. I kept double guessing myself and thinking I needed to hold back or something.
Mile 1 - 9:31 -I usually try to spend the first couple of mile admiring other people's workout gear. I like to multi-task and window shop and run at the same time. I love the TC Marathon for this, because it is boot season and I see a ton of adorable boots. Except it would be awkward to stop and ask where they purchased them.
2- 9:15
3- 9:21
4- 8:59
5- 9:40 - Confession. I got tangled up in my shirt here. I had taken it off, so of course, a 1/2 mile later, the wind picked up and it started to rain. I was headed over a bridge and freezing, so I stopped to put my long sleeve shirt back on. I ended up getting tangled in the stupid thing, putting it on backwards and inside out, and the arms were all twisted, driving me nuts. At least the people watching got a good show.
6- 8:42
7- 9:19
8- 9:04
9- 8:57
10-9:32 -This point? I am ready to be done, tired, WET, cold, sweaty, and torqued at my splits! All I could think of to get me to the end was Chipotle.
11-9:29 -Stupid hill mile. Stupid, stupid hill mile.
12-8:54
13-8:31
.10 @ 8:18
Um...notice anything? Like the incredible sporadic nature of my mile splits? It has been driving me nuts! I wish I would have just picked a pace and ran with it instead of going all over the place. I was huffing it the last 2 miles and pissed that I hadn't been more consistent. However, consistency in anything has never been my strong suit...
After? I was wet. Very wet. Since we were in St. Cloud (where I had lived for 6 years during/after college), we wanted to run a few errands. Yes, with me wet, stinky, and sore. It was awesome.
Asher told me at one point, "Mom, you smell like a cow."
Elijah mentioned, "You may want to take a nice shower when you get home."
Angels.
Finally, the random number generator generated #17! Congratulations Brandi! Contact me so I can get you your prize!
Me? I am sore and have a sore throat from running. I am going to go nap. I love naps. More on that sometime, when I don't have a nap calling my name.
25 comments:
But you still made it to the finish line and you're alive. That's a win in my book. So is Chipotle!
You are awesome - all that craziness and still an awesome finishing time.
Congrats to Brandi! I am way jealous :)
You can come do a 5K with me. You can walk the whole way while I'm putting max effort out next to you. Girl- you are f.a.s.t.!!!! I had my first ever negative split time today. So proud!
Angels for sure. Haha! Moooo!
Erratic maybe, but still very nice splits girl. Congrats!
How do you do this? That sounds so awful to me that I felt sorry for you having to run that far AND to be cold and wet. I would have surely snuck in to a Starbucks and just ordered chai tea and eaten scones until I felt it was a reasonable time for me to finish the race. Very, very impressive.
You should come do the Austin Marathon. I'll cheer you on from the sidelines or run a mile with you, that's the most I could muster. Oh...and drinks after for sure.
I need a nap after reading how many miles you ran. I don't think I could even do a quarter of a mile :)
yeah for the finish line:)
that run (or any run over half of a mile, for me) sounds like HELL. So good job for starting and finishing!
girl...if i ran a half marathon, it wouldn't make a difference in the world if my mile times were all over the place. mainly because i'd be dead. or dying. or wishing i was dying ;) and i love that your boys were so "supportive"!! lol
I should pace you. You would find it very entertaining! When I paced my friend Erin at a 10 miler, I was taking pictures and changing clothing while running too. It was fun!
I made a last minute race decision for this weekend. Thankfully, I am not paying through the nose for it because I am buying someone else's number and get to run as a 40 year old lady this time around. Fun fun!
Baby you earned that nap!! Any girl that can FINISH any kind of run like that....well I'm applauding! (even if you do smell like wet cow)
I love naps and I don't even run marathons. You're more than entitled.
WOW! Awesome!!!! You are impressive to me!!! Just email me the winners selection and address and email address and I will contacting them to make and mail their WIN!!!!
OH, and PS - I LOVE Chipotle too!!!!!!
"You smell like a cow"! Hahaha. But despite smelling like a cow, you did it. Congrats!
When I run I am actually pretty consistent- consistently slow that is :). When I run 5 my miles are like 10:30 at best. I think I need to run more than once a week if I ever want to get faster.
So awesome you did it!
yaay! for the finish line.
you're AWESOME!!! i love chipotle, too!
big hugs!
Congrats on your race. I would love to get my mile times down to any of yours. I run a 10:30-11 minute mile. Slow is better than not at all though.
I was thinking this morning about how I want to be a runner but just am not. Anything under 11 mins. seems pretty amazing to me. Great job! I honestly don't see how the body is able to endure something like a marathon or even a half. Obviously LOTS of training!
Congrats on finishing, I don't run long distances, but I have a huge respect for those who can do it!
Great job on running a half marathon. Times aren't too shabby either Pat yourself on the back.
You're still awesome even if you smelled like a cow!
Great recap, Sara. I don't even keep track of my mile splits when running races.
You getting tangled in your shirt sounds SO like me.
Hope your sore throat is gone!!
A most excellent recap. I love the random commentary and my kids have said similar things to me, but usually more blunt. Like, "Mom, you stink" - at least yours were trying to be nice.
Oh girl again you are amazing. Just tell Asher not every mommy runs so his mommy is allowed to smell like a cow, lol.
Blessings!
Post a Comment