Running Stats for the Year:
• 289 miles so far this year
• Chased by only one dog
• Picking up speed when I can- yesterday? Ran 5 miles in 41:42, which is pretty darn quick for me. (I will never claim to be fast. Much faster here and the rubbing would start my thighs on fire. Better slow and steady than fire thighs, right?)
• Every Spring? I go overboard on new workout gear. Lululemon has been my drug of choice this year and I've bought them out. and unfortunately, I am not exaggerating...!
• Races? Sure! I have 2 half marathons on deck, and would like to grab at least one more, but am not sure which one or where. I also would love to do the Minnesota Women's Marathon in September, because I love the idea of a Women's Marathon here. I really wanted to do Grandma's Marathon again, but I'll be in Key West that weekend. I'll just have to live vicariously through Bobbi, who keeps rubbing her training for it in my face. sob
I swore- numerous times- that I will never run the Minneapolis Marathon again after last year when I saw spots, dehydrated to the point I didn't have to - you know, use the girls room- for 6 hours and all that jazz.
I will figure something out. Right?! I need a race to utilize all the new running gear after all.
24 comments:
If you have THAT much running gear, you'd better sign up for at least a race a month!
My DD is training for a half right now, and it's the first time I realized how much work goes into running. Hats off to you!
Nice! Can't wait to hear about your races. And you may not consider yourself fast but you're still way faster than I am! Chased by one dog is good, but unfortunately you still have the whole summer ahead to encounter more :). Man I hate dogs when I'm running.
I SO wish you were running Grandma's with me! I will be thinking of you - you'll be with me in my head :)
But I still get to see you in June! YAY!
(and holy fast batman! SPEEDY!)
I am running the Des Moines Half this Fall...it's super fun and fast and it would not be too far for you! I'm debating on training for a full marathon.
I can totally see how you might go overboard on the luluemon gear. I was on there the other day and had to quickly exit for fear of buying copious amounts of stuff.
You have done a whole lot of running this year! I don't think I could even do a mile lol
I think you should hop across Lake Michigan and run the GR Marathon (or half) in October. Hopefully my shins will be healed by then and I'll be running the half.
NIce work! I'm jealous on the Lululemon! I haven't gotten new workout gear in about 17 years (or there about...) You're about a 100 miles ahead of me for the year... damn! I'm slacking! You help motivate me to keep it up though! So therefore - I'm out.... headed on a 100 mile run right now. ;)
I want your running wardrobe. Not so I can run (heavens forfend! Okay, and my knee also kind of precludes it), but just to wear for the cute factor.
Enjoy :)
Wow, I am impressed with all your running.
Wow, wow, WOW! You were like a speeding train going 5 miles in 41:42! How did you feel afterwards? I'm guessing you were either elated or absolutely sick. I don't think there is much of a middle ground. Oh- and you will never run slower than me. I looked at my shadow today to see how I was doing and laughed that I called that running.
I want new running clothes, but unfortunately my bank account doesn't play nice with others. However, I'm gonna go window shop now so that I know what all the cool kids are wearing.
Sounds like you're doing great! Lululemon have some really nice things this year.
I need a Lulu fashion show please. I'll live vicariously through you!
there's a mud run here in florida next month ;) i'm pretty sure the water/mud will prevent any instances of fire thighs! AND, you can watch me slog through them mud at the finish line. i'm just sayin.....
You rock! I've run 137 miles so far this year. You give me something to strive for!
That is awesome , I'll have to live vicariously though you .
You go girl! Run like the wind! You have to register for more races because you have the clothes. Its a rule. Sorry. OR, now this is a loophole, OR you could send me your new clothes and be absolved of one obligitory race. So theres that. Options, thats all. Ill be waiting for your choice.
You're amazing, girl!
You are awesome! I cant even get my ass up to run a 5K!!!!!!
Yea you are fast. When I run 5- never in a race yet, just running- I come in right under an hour and am happy. I am slow.
I think I would choose Key West any day over something called the Grandma's Marathon. Not even close in my opinion but then again, I don't live in Minnesota and am certainly not a runner.
BTW, what is the Grandma's Marathon? Remember you talking about it last year. What a name!!
Girl you are amazing. I think I will live my running days through you, lol.
The gear and clothes are the best part!
Oh man, when I was training for my half marathon, I got the fire thighs. Gave myself road burn so bad once. NO FUN!
Great job running girl. Keep it up!!
Very impressed! Oh how I wish I liked to run...but I HATE it. Proud of you!
Post a Comment